Exploring board mysteries: Osraven

Okay, whatever happened to Os? I remember he would come in and post these book length responses in all the threads and they were just riddled with awesome typos, and I always envisioned this guy with a ponytail practicing his martial arts poses while he orally dictated his responses to some futuristic voice recognition device. But now he's gone, and the mystery of him has grown in my mind.

First--where is this guy? He was awesome. I miss him.

Second--what was the deal with his typos? Was it real? A clever ruse that only the top board members who were "council members" back on the old board were privy to?

Third--anything I missed?

It's OsRavan - he always got very annoyed if people called him Osraven

I always assumed that that particular complaint was simply one of those acts of careless genius that turned an internet persona into a mesmerising work of art.

All I can say is that the typos were real.

ETA: It was something about his keyboard. At one point he got a new one and the typos decreased dramatically.

All I can say is that the typos were real.

ETA: It was something about his keyboard. At one point he got a new one and the typos decreased dramatically.

No, I thought that was Papaz and the "e" that didn't work. Os just typed too fast and didn't spellcheck.

There was some super cool story that had to do with Brady and OS. It was one of my most favorite things that happened on this board although I never knew the whole story. Maybe now is the time for it to finally come out.

No, I thought that was Papaz and the "e" that didn't work. Os just typed too fast and didn't spellcheck.

Its possible I'm conflating events. I definitely remember there was a period of time though where Os had very few typos, and I thought he'd said he got a new keyboard. Maybe he just slowed down though to prove a point.

I can't remember anymore. Time makes fools of us all.

Archived