How I Met Your Mother - 4

Jaxom 1974

Last night had some entertaining pieces, but even while watching I felt like I was seeing scenes that hadn't made it into other episodes - there just wasn't anything strong about this one.

I liked the proposal scene. Ted waited two years to propose and didn't do it before a crowd. :thumbsup:

It was nice, and in terms of showing that Ted waited two years shows a different level of maturity to him (even as it places the age of the kids into a slightly different light, including the scene where they're watching Star Wars with the baby), but it wasn't too different for Ted. He's always been a romantic. It's his spontinaety that crashes and burns (a la the Stella proposal).

I liked that when Marshal said "Now we're going to listen to MY music!" I knew all ready it was going to be The Proclaimers. But a fun callback does not make an episode, it was nice and watchable but nothing really great.

I agree that it felt a bit disjointed.

However, I really enjoyed the proposal scene. If they can continue to intersperse dating scenes throughout the season, I think it will provide a bit more punch for when they do meet.

I really enjoyed the proposal scene. If they can continue to intersperse dating scenes throughout the season, I think it will provide a bit more punch for when they do meet.

Agreed. Two of the best moments of the season have relied on flasforwards with Ted and the mother, allowing us to have an idea of how the future relationship will be like. They should give us some more of that.

Anyway, the proposal scene was great. An I love the contrast between the reactions of Robin (No, no, no) and the mother (yes, yes, yes).

But can we please stop hearing about the possibility that they might? Please? Please? We know Robin/Ted isn't happening. Kill it dead.

This is what I don't understand...

Unless somehow there is epic closure in here somehow, I just don't see the point.

And yes, loved the Generals jersey and Barney meeting Mom.

Archived