[BOOK SPOILERS] Gendry's destiny

Veltigar

I believe he will meet Brienne and Podrick in their search for Sansa, implying that he will magically get to KL. That way, they can return him to his original story and preserve that scene where Brienne is attacked by some Mummers. Of course, in the show, they will have to be replaced by other sellswords.

I believe he will meet Brienne and Podrick in their search for Sansa, implying that he will magically get to KL. That way, they can return him to his original story and preserve that scene where Brienne is attacked by some Mummers. Of course, in the show, they will have to be replaced by other sellswords.

Biter and Rorge were casted in Season 1 and 2, so I believe they'll return

I'm betting he'll arrive at KL right after Sansa is spirited away by Littlefinger. He'll meet with Brienne and join her on her quest to retrieve Sansa midway through the season (he'd be doing it for Arya). He'll more than likely replace Podrick in this, seeing as how he's more of a featured character and we already have an emotional attachment towards him (whereas Pod is still basically a background extra). Plus, D&D might still want to use Pod anyway for Tyrion's remaining KL material.

In season five Tyrion will come across a rotting boat out in the ocean with Gendry's skeleton in it. He'll comment on it with a droll witticism and that'll be it for Gendry.

I'm a Gendry fan but that would be hilarious! I think he's going to go back to the Riverlands and set up at the Inn at the Crossroads, possibly rejoin with the BwB under Lady Stoneheart so that he's at the same place on the show as in the books. But I'm also not opposed to him taking Hyle Hunt's place with Brienne and Pod.

Gendry may not be the smartest man in Westeros but he's not stupid enough to go back to King's Landing, no matter what his rescuer told him to do, and the Stormlands or the Riverlands wouldn't be very clever either as long as he has reason to believe that Stannis and Joffrey are looking for him. He also thinks that Hot Pie and Arya are nice and safe by now, so he has no reason to go looking for them. The minute he reaches land he'll start walking south or west and either hide out in the Reach or in Dorne. If we ever see him again on the show it will probably be related to the Dorne story, or maybe he'll bump into Sam or Jaqen in Oldtown.

I would assume he will get sidetracked somehow before he gets to KL and end up back in the Riverlands with the Brotherhood.

Going back to KL would be incredibly stupid, and how then would he meet up with Brienne, at the Red Keep? LOL.

I was absolutely certain that this was their attempt to write him out of the series, but I had forgotten that Brienne was in King's Landing. Joining up with Brienne and Pod (I don't think they're cutting him, but I wouldn't mind if they did) makes the most sense at this point. He wouldn't seek out the BwB on his own, but he could easily run back into them with Brienne and then continue his story as it was in the books from there.

I think going to KL would be stupid too....but him meeting up with Brienne and Pod makes the most sense. Gendry replacing Hyle Hunt would be smart, one less person to add to the cast.

And now that Gendry knows he's Robert Baratheon's bastard son and has "King's blood", looking for Arya isn't that farfetched anymore. Their TV ending was weak....I would like to see Gendry's character come to the realization that there are a lot of phonies out there (he already sorta knew that, but Mel and Co. sealed it for him) and that the only person who actually told him the truth/saved his life (well before Davos) was Arya (and she's highborn too!).

Joining up with Brienne to find the Stark girls would actually make a lot of sense.

While watching this episode I actually thought that Gendry was headed to the Wall, mostly because Davos had the message from Maester Aemon. I actually thought Stan, Mel and Co. would take him there before they tried to burn him. (And that Jon would find out that Arya was alive by Gendry, so that 1. FArya could be possible, and 2. Jon would not allow Gendry to be burned, yet another Stark saving a Baratheon)

Never thought he'd actually get to KL.

Gendry replacing Satin would also be a good choice, except he can't read. Okay maybe not so good.

He resumes his blacksmithing, meets Faile, and makes a magic hammer that can defeat the Others. He is the Perrin that was Promised :)

I just puked a little bit in my mouth while reading your suggestion. Faile and Perrin are the worst characters in that entire series and that's not something to be proud off since that whole series is pretty "meh". I cringe every time I see a Perrin chapter.

Joining Brienne makes the most sense, that way he'll be at the same point we left him in the books. Different path to get there, but still there.

I don't know about him replace Mya, they skipped all her stuff in season 1, and all of a sudden Gendry knowing how to climb the vale will be bad writing, not something D&D will do.

The won't include the descent of the Vale, maybe at most having a scene where they shove Sweet Robin into the basket and start lowing him down.

I don't see how he could survive. Judging from the map in the books, and using the Wall as reference, it's about three hundred miles. How will he have food and water to last? And anyone who's tried rowing a boat for the first time knows it's a bit tricky. In his favor he's very strong, but I just don't see this working unless maybe he comes ashore at Driftmark or some other nearby place. Not to mention traversing open sea in a row boat is extremely dangerous. I don't know anyone who would venture out into the ocean without a sail (not that Gendry would know how to use that either). Ultimately I will not be surprised if that was it for Gendry, and Davos inadvertently just sentenced him to a colder, wetter death.

There’s two ways I see this going:

1. He makes it to KL and hooks up with Brienne and Pod to go find Arya and then continue his story line from the books.

2. This one’s a little out there but it would be what I would prefer. It also involves the show completely erasing his book storyline. I think it would be interesting if Gendry gets picked up by a merchant who then gets raided by Yara and her crew, or if Yara just finds him in his little row boat. Regardless after deciding whether to offer him up to the Drowned god or not his blacks smiting skills save him again and he becomes an integral part of her crew. Yara then lands a little north of the Dreadfort in the Umber lands (where Rickon is heading). She then learns of her father’s demise and heads back home. Gendry then escapes, cause who wants to go to the Iron Islands, and heads south because winter is coming. On his way he meets a boy, a woman, and a big black wolf. He recognizes this as Rickon and over hears how they’re going to Skagos to hide from the bastard. He then takes Wex’s role from the books. He tells Manderly about Rickon and he argues for Davos’ life for he remembers Davos is a smuggler and he owes Davos. Gendry then joins Davos crew to go get Rickon.

Unlikely and out there I know but it would be an interesting story line obviously with better writing than my own. So what do you guys think?

I don't see how he could survive. Judging from the map in the books, and using the Wall as reference, it's about three hundred miles. How will he have food and water to last? And anyone who's tried rowing a boat for the first time knows it's a bit tricky. In his favor he's very strong, but I just don't see this working unless maybe he comes ashore at Driftmark or some other nearby place. Not to mention traversing open sea in a row boat is extremely dangerous. I don't know anyone who would venture out into the ocean without a sail (not that Gendry would know how to use that either). Ultimately I will not be surprised if that was it for Gendry, and Davos inadvertently just sentenced him to a colder, wetter death.

Plot > Realism

Archived