Septa Lemore is?

Sunstaff

Because what sense does it make if he is making a phisical description of her don't mention her most amazing feature?? As Ygrain already said is bad writting

Having purple eyes doesn't mean she's necessarily Ashara

And if she had it Tyrion who is a curious guy would notice that she has the same eye color as Aegon

Talking to you is the same as talking to a wall

Describing her eyes if he didn't want people to guess her identity would be bad writing too, wouldn't it? As would Ned describing Jon's mother as looking like Arya, or Tyrion describing Joffrey as looking more like Jaime than Robert.

Because what sense does it make if he is making a phisical description of her don't mention her most amazing feature?? As Ygrain already said is bad writting

Having purple eyes doesn't mean she's necessarily Ashara

And if she had it Tyrion who is a curious guy would notice that she has the same eye color as Aegon

Talking to you is the same as talking to a wall

She might not have the same eye color as Aegon. There are many different shades of violet, and as I pointed out before, her eyes might have been violet at 16 but something less remarkable at 39.

Why do you keep insisting I am saying that Tyrion wouldn't notice or think about her eyes? My argument is that the AUTHOR may have omitted that detail to maintain a mystery about her appearance. He has done that kind of thing before.

He has hidden things from the characters, or has made the characters not realise an important detail is in fact important. But he hasn't hidden things from us by making the characters not notice, even if he doesn't show us the context.

For example. Let's say Tyrion meets Jesus. "Next to him, he saw a septa with bad attitude, a couple of children fighting for fruit and a long haired man who seemed calm despite the mess surrounding it was trying to preach among the people". He's not saying "and this guy had something divine or regal about his presence and looked like the son of God". He's just casually mentioning a known feature of Jesus that doesn't tell us who he is but identifies him among the others. If Jaime later mentions that "people said that Jesus was walking the Riverlands" then we know Tyrion saw him, even though he's not mentioning or realising it. And even if he talk to him but never realises, we know. What identifies Lemore among the many other women in Westeros are her purple eyes. It's his ONE characteristic that says "hey! this person might be Ashara!". They exist to differentiate her from other women.

Ned's dream is a dream and not necessarily an absolutely accurate one. That makes it a clear exception.

Now there are exceptions to this hard and fast rule you have conjured up that all Daynes must be accompanied by a description of their eye color on introduction? The exception just happens to be the example that disproves your rule. Pardon me, but you aren't convincing me that this is in fact a rule.

Because when someone who happens to be the best freaking warrior, attacks you with a massive sword the first thing you do is to notice his eye colour?

I actually agree with this. The point is there are times when the author wants to focus on other things that eye color. Here it is the coming battle. Could you then accept that he may have other things he wants us to focus on in the Tyrion - Lemore encounters?

Which would be absolutely and totally lame - see my parallel with a red-handed murderer.

I was referring to this passage, which doesnt really fit to any of your objections:

Lemore had changed out of her septa’s robes into garb more befitting the wife or daughter of a prosperous merchant. Tyrion watched her closely. He had sniffed out the truth beneath the dyed blue hair of Griff and Young Griff easily enough, and Yandry and Ysilla seemed to be no more than they claimed to be, whilst Duck was somewhat less. Lemore, though … Who is she, really? Why is she here? Not for gold, I’d judge. What is this prince to her? Was she ever a true septa?

Exactly, Tyrion is thinking "who is she and why is she her?". He's not really paying attention to her appearance. He didn't a take serious notice of Griff and Young Griff's appearance until he had already realized they were lying about who they were. Aside from seeing the purple in Young Griff's eyes (which he barely noticed) , Tyrion's suspicions rise because they're behavior and back story didn't add up.

No simply because he was making description of her...But your opinion won't change so i will stop spending my latin in a worthless discution

Right, because you also can't explain why he didn't describe Aegon's eyes when initially describing him, either. They are just as remarkable in color as Ashara's were when she was a teenager.

Right, because you also can't explain why he didn't describe Aegon's eyes when initially describing him, either. They are just as remarkable in color as Ashara's were when she was a teenager.

He described go read the books..He refered the blue eyes because of the blue hair of his tyroshi mother..Don't talk without knowing

He described go read the books..He refered the blue eyes because of the blue hair of his tyroshi mother..Don't talk without knowing

Was that his initial description? You are right, I don't know for certain, but I seem to recall that he didn't go into his eye color until after he had initially described the character.

Even if he did describe Aegon's eyes early, before suspicions of his identity arose, it does not mean that Lemore can't be Ashara. IF Lemore is Ashara, it's entirely possible that her eyes are no longer violet.

I'm getting tired of this.

Once more, in case you didn't get clear.

THIS IS LITERATURE, NOT REAL LIFE. Every single event happening is CONTROLLED BY THE AUTHOR.

You're not realising Lemore is something more. The author WANTS YOU TO notice there is something unusual about her, by making Tyrion voicing it. And the fact he can't figure it out is because the author has decided to NOT provide with more clues. We realise things through Tyrion, even if he isn't able to figure it out on his own, because we have more information than Tyrion, as we have access to many other perspectives.

For example. Tyrion probably never knew Ashara Dayne. He was a kid when this happened. He could have seen the purple eyes and make zero connections. But we could have know, because we know about this purple eyed missing allegedly dead woman.

The mysteries of the book, the authors want us to know it. They put the hints for US to read them. We might notice or we might not, but they are there. ALL OF THEM. Like Snape's worst memory: few imagined it was about him calling Lily a mudblood. And before that scene, everybody believed "that awful boy" Petunia heard talking about Dementors was James because it made sense. But putting the two together, it did make sense. It WAS THERE.

This is what we know about Lemore:

-She is probably a real septa.

-She's kind

-She had a child

-She cares about Aegon

-She needs hiding.

That's all we know and that's all the author wants us to know so far. If he hasn't mentioned something else that is obviously and easily seen (like eye colour) is because it's NOT relevant. From that, people made one and many theories: "Ashara faked her dead with the help of Varys who hid her in a sept and she's now working to put her own child with Rhaegar/Ned/Brandon/Oberyn/Aerys/Robert/SelmyWhoIsASleepWalkerAndFallOnTopOfHerAndKnockedHerUp on the throne because reasons and she's glamoured". There is no "but the character decided no to tell" in literature. The characters are mediums for the author to tell us things. And even if THEY SHUT UP, the author tells us: "but s/he decided to keep it quiet". There is NO indication Tyrion has seen the eyes but has DECIDED to discard them as evidence of something.

We make theories with what we have, we don't make theories and try to fit what we have into them.

I would qualify your list of what we know to say that she had religous training, and that she may have been a septa. I would also add that she's at least 40. Oh, and that she is smokin hot.

He described Aegon's eyes. I gave the quote just a few pages ago.

There is one thing that does not match up with Ashara: she knows about Jon. Eddard went to the Daynes after he got Jon at the Tower of Joy. He might have started the story that Jon was his bastard, but he is just strolling with a newborn baby without a nurse? Jons first nurse Wylla came from the Daynes.

If Ashara believed the story of the bastard she might have killed herself. Point is the Daynes love Eddard. Those two facts do not really combine.

If she did not believe the story: She disappeared a few days after Eddard was gone, so I think those two should be related. It is to weird she is off protecting a secret Targaryen without realizing (and she must be very dumb not to realize) she just met another one.

Besides: she was home alone. The story goes that Eddard went to return the sword to the sister. Her male relatives would have been at war, so they could have canoodled something.

So if she is Ashara, she knows about Jon. Question is, is she planning to tell? Or has she already told?

Another point: Ashara disappears bery soon after real Aegon dies. So Varys must either have came up with a story and a fake baby very quick, or he had planned Elia's and the childrens death, or Aegon is real.

There is one thing that does not match up with Ashara: she knows about Jon. Eddard went to the Daynes after he got Jon at the Tower of Joy. He might have started the story that Jon was his bastard, but he is just strolling with a newborn baby without a nurse? Jons first nurse Wylla came from the Daynes.

If Ashara believed the story of the bastard she might have killed herself. Point is the Daynes love Eddard. Those two facts do not really combine.

If she did not believe the story: She disappeared a few days after Eddard was gone, so I think those two should be related. It is to weird she is off protecting a secret Targaryen without realizing (and she must be very dumb not to realize) she just met another one.

Besides: she was home alone. The story goes that Eddard went to return the sword to the sister. Her male relatives would have been at war, so they could have canoodled something.

So if she is Ashara, she knows about Jon. Question is, is she planning to tell? Or has she already told?

Another point: Ashara disappears bery soon after real Aegon dies. So Varys must either have came up with a story and a fake baby very quick, or he had planned Elia's and the childrens death, or Aegon is real.

Actually knowing about Jon may be part of her motivation for promoting Aegon. It is entirely possibly that Lyanna asked Ned to promise that Jon would not be raised as a Targaryan, that he not get involved in the game of thrones. IF Ashara knew this (and it is a big "if", there is nothing conclusive showing Ashara knew this), she might back a plot to promote another successor just so that the Targaryan loyalists don't look too hard for another possible pretender and find out about Jon (and even if Jon's parentage was discovered, backing Aegon would make sure he was not the next in line).

Lemore=Ashara is at the same level of confirmation bias as Howland Reed=High Sparrow and A+J=T.

I agree, both of those other theories are not crackpot and entirely possible, with circumstantial evidence provided that could contribute to confirming it (HS's crannogman-like feet, Joanna being called to Kings Landing around the time of Tyrions conception), but not enough to conclusively prove it.

A+J=T could go either way, it's certainly an out for GRRM's favourite character to escape the curse of the kinslayer.

As for Ashara I'm sure she's alive and has a bearing on ASOIAF in some way, whether she's Lemore, Quaithe, Howland's wife or someone not thought of yet, I don't know. She's been mentioned too many times and there's too much mystery surrounding her death for her not to be alive and relevant in some way.

Archived