Words of Radiance Discussion (Full spoilers for WoK & WoR)

Ded As Ned

Yeap. They aren't even requiring that you buy the book at the store. He said "Of course, we'd like you to spend money at our store..."

And that has worked fine for me in the past, I had to get ADWD shipped to me because the signing was a month after release. I did pick up AMoL at the store after pre-ordering because it was only about a week post-release.

I figure I'll just get the book like most of mine from Amazon now that I know its not ticketed.

You know, I have never actually been to a book signing of any sort. So I have no idea what to expect. Do you think he'll be signing just WOR? Or do you think he'd sign WOK while he's at it?

You know, I have never actually been to a book signing of any sort. So I have no idea what to expect. Do you think he'll be signing just WOR? Or do you think he'd sign WOK while he's at it?

Brandon will sign any book he has authored for you. (I plan to get at least WoK and WoR signed, and probably aMoL too). Sometimes there is a limit on the number of books you can have signed at one time, but typically you can go through the line more than once if you have more books than the limit.

I'm wondering if they aren't expecting a big turn out? I mean, JB was ticketing Robert Jordan signings on like book 5 or 6 back in the late 90's.

ETA: And there were like a bajillion people there for Brandon's aMoL signing... (I honestly backed out of going because of the huge crowd, but saw the pictures and reports). I know WoT was more popular thatn SA is presently, but I'm still kind of surprised it isn't ticketed.

Brandon will sign any book he has authored for you. (I plan to get at least WoK and WoR signed, and probably aMoL too). Sometimes there is a limit on the number of books you can have signed at one time, but typically you can go through the line more than once if you have more books than the limit.

I'm wondering if they aren't expecting a big turn out? I mean, JB was ticketing Robert Jordan signings on like book 5 or 6 back in the late 90's.

Yeah, he'll sign other stuff. I had him sign WoK at the AMoL signing. The only other hardback by him that I own is Alloy of Law though, so I don't plan to get others signed. (Well... I also have the other two WoT books; but I figure I'll let those be.)

ETA: He had some nice looking prints of the WoK cover available at the signing I went to and was signing those also.

• 2 weeks later...

Just wandering in here to confirm a memory. Did Way of Kings have hunts organzied to hunt some sort of rock-lizards whose bodies were full of gems, or am I thinking of another book?

Got the right book.

Well then, assured that my memories are intact, I decided to read the sample chapters for WoR. Currently on Chapter 6 and

“Remember,” he said. “I… cannot… remember…”

I would so love an Erratic Spren.

edit: Having read the sample chapters, I now desire the book.

• 2 weeks later...

Tough to get an eBook signed... Or were you going to stand me up?!!?

Heh. The plan was to buy a hardback copy to have signed. I figured I'd just get one at the store. The ebook edition is for reading though. Love not having to turn on a light at night to read in bed.

I'm thinking of having a Stormlight t-shirt made up to wear to the signing... trying to think of catchy ideas that haven't been done already.

So far all I can come up with is "My other shirt is shardplate"

Other ideas?

"You've got 10 hearbeats... make them count"

"My windspren can beat up your windspren"

"Storm you!"

"Kaladin for President!"

"Got Stormlight?"

I'm thinking of having a Stormlight t-shirt made up to wear to the signing... trying to think of catchy ideas that haven't been done already.

So far all I can come up with is "My other shirt is shardplate"

Other ideas?

'Help stop the spread of LDS… Practice Safe Sex'

'J. Smith is my boy'

'It's cool, someday I'll be a god'

'One Might and Strong' With an arrow point towards your crotch

That'll get some attention.

One every other year or so. Each book is a large undertaking, and Brandon claims that he is only able to remain so prolific by keeping himself interested in his own projects, which means he has to vary them up or he finds it hard to keep going. So one year he'll probably focus on a Stormlight book, and the rest of the time he'll be focusing on his other works. Check the main Sanderson thread, a few pages from the end theres a quote from him detailing his future writing plans/schedule.

Archived