TTTNE 394: Woodstock

a free shadow

Personally I'd say al-EES, but then I originally read Jaime as JAYM rather than JAY-me. I must try Ms Hobb's work some time.

Me too, little did I know I had a friend called Jaime, and I didn't realise that was how he spelled his name. I thought Valyira was pronounced Val-Air-E-A so the show always makes me wince slightly at Val-eye-ria. Then there's khaleesi which I assumes was pronounced Khal-i-see, instead of Khal-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-si. And now they claim Aegon is pronounced Eggon, am I the only one who can no longer take him seriously?

You should she's great, they work best in order (naturally) though I read Liveship Traders first (because I'm an idiot) the only problem with the Assassin and Fool trilogies are that she seems to take a perverse delight in ruining Fitz' life.

Me too, little did I know I had a friend called Jaime, and I didn't realise that was how he spelled his name. I thought Valyira was pronounced Val-Air-E-A so the show always makes me wince slightly at Val-eye-ria. Then there's khaleesi which I assumes was pronounced Khal-i-see, instead of Khal-eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-si. And now they claim Aegon is pronounced Eggon, am I the only one who can no longer take him seriously?

I'm with you on everything but khaleesi, that sounded the same in my head.

Ha ha ha ha! I was right

The more accurate pronunciation should be “KHAH-lay-see,” not “ka-LEE-see.” That’s according to David J. Peterson, the language creatorresponsible for all of the Dothraki and Valyrian dialogue spoken on the show, and he’s driven mad every time he hears it. “Ugh. God. That’s not how it’s supposed to sound,” said Peterson. “The vowel change bugs me.” As the architect of the language’s grammar and pronunciation rules, he’s the only one who can correct it with authority, but he lost the battle to correct the pronunciation on the show early on. “The producers decided they liked the other way better. They probably thought most people were pronouncing it that way anyway, which is true.”

http://www.themarysu...ones-languages/

In other news: MIND BLOWN http://cargocollective.com/jirka/REAL-LIFE-DISNEY-GIRLS

Just stumbling around on Youtube, then found this brilliant compliation of some Star Wars music that I must share: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUs4foG53fg. You gotta listen all of it!

ETA: seriously, I just finished listening, you don't know what you're missing! Even if you're not a SW fan, this is beautiful IMHO. It gets going at 4:40.

Mawww cute.

And now they claim Aegon is pronounced Eggon, am I the only one who can no longer take him seriously?

You should she's great, they work best in order (naturally) though I read Liveship Traders first (because I'm an idiot) the only problem with the Assassin and Fool trilogies are that she seems to take a perverse delight in ruining Fitz' life.

I never pronounced it any other way ... or maybe, em, no, slightly different, but I probably cannot write it the way to make it clear ... if you can read phonetical, I say "e:gon" and not "ɛ:gon" or "ɛgon" ... but then I also say Yon instead of "J"on, so my opinion is probably invalid.

ETA: Westeros will not display phonetical symbols. :dunno:

I only read The Farseer (and half of The Soldier's Son) ... but but but ... I thought this one ruined Fitzy's life sufficiently ... can you make it worse? :crying: (Do not spoil me, just rambling to myself.)

I am not going to change my avatar, but I am sure somebody can think of an explanation as to how that particular flower suits into Woodstock.

Flower power http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flower_power

http://images.popmatters.com/features_art/f/flower-power-splash2.jpg

Three cheers for Woodstock ! We are talking about Snoopy's sidekick right?

My favourite - I had a toy one in the 70's. It was on a long spring and made tweeting noises

Two more pony-toppling earthquakes today. Not as severe as the one last month (locally, at least), but still a bit disconcerting.

Ooh no. Stay safe.

Gillio and Odendisa, :cheers: Also, KiD and Buck fit. But nobody needs to fit. I will go buy something.

:cheers:

I only read The Farseer (and half of The Soldier's Son) ... but but but ... I thought this one ruined Fitzy's life sufficiently ... can you make it worse? :crying: (Do not spoil me, just rambling to myself.)

Is Soldiers son good?

Not going to spoil, Fool has a happier ending than Farseer, and it wraps up certain storylines, but it's definitely a bittersweet ending, and Fitz still has a knack for pissing his friends off.

Well well well...another missed race...alas...

Congrats Shadow,cudos for the theme :)

Keeping my avatar though,I'm sure we can fit devil into all that playing songs backwards and putting secret hidden messages in songs stuff :)

Greetings from Rome,just arrived,must go eat,and tinight...HUBBY HUBBY HUBBY!!!!

Keeping my avatar though,I'm sure we can fit devil into all that playing songs backwards and putting secret hidden messages in songs stuff :)

Greetings from Rome,just arrived,must go eat,and tinight...HUBBY HUBBY HUBBY!!!!

It fits:) Glad you will get to see the hubby tonight!

ROMANCING IN ROME should be in your sig :P Glad you are having a such a wonderful time!

Rough night at work last night...but ONLY 72 MORE HOURS UNTIL VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It fits:) Glad you will get to see the hubby tonight!

ROMANCING IN ROME should be in your sig :P Glad you are having a such a wonderful time!

Rough night at work last night...but ONLY 72 MORE HOURS UNTIL VACATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aw your vacation still has to begin? I'm so jealous, for me the summer vac is over in 72 hours. But have a happy vacation anyway.

Hello hello hello! Congrats Shadow!

Boo, I can't see it... :( I'm going to search, and I will find. Thanks in any case! :love:

Ooooh good for you! :leer: Just let him breathe too, don't forget ;)

Hey folks.

I drank too much last night.

*Newscaster looks up to the camera 'And that's the lastest from Florida. Now breaking news from Georgia. We go to Lois Parker for the latest story...'Hello Mike, I'm Lois Parker reporting from Georgia. The Sam Adams and Shocktop Autumn beers are for sale in Georgia'*

I top you KiD...I drank too much this morning :) And I have to charge the rest of the weekend :ack: Thank heavens for coffee ;)

Have a good night Spamland!

Archived