Small questions v.10015

Angalin

One theory and probably the most common is that it had to do with the breaking of the wedding pact of Jaime and Lyssa. Jaime was suppose to marry Lyssa but got out of it by joining the KG and HH is where Jaime was to be honored into their order.

Thanks!

I have a really silly question.

I am Italian and I read the books only in my language.

I found an error in the translation (probably there are more that I am not aware of) that bothers me: Sansa's hair colour.

In the first book they are discribed as black, in the second one they are brown, in the third one they are auburn.

Can you solve the mistery?

You had the answer for Sansa's real hair colour already. But why did the translator speak of black and brown hair respectively?

Answer to that I don't know either. Just wanted to point out that the mystery remains unsolved...

How does Tom o'Sevens inform the Brotherhood that Ryman Frey is leaving the siege of Riverrun? He is in the tent with Edmure after Ryman is told to leave, and I imagine it takes some time to get from Riverrun to Fairmarket. I dont have a map to reference but would the timescales work? Or is it likely that the Brotherhood were actually very close the Riverrun (the campfires that surround the siege lines) but dont ambush Ryman until Fairmarket??

On a related matter; how does the brotherhood without banners have the nunbers/stregth to take down Ryman Frey's entire party? We know that Lem was at the Inn with Gendry, Edric Dayn and Anguy have disappeared, which takes out some notable members. What are peoples opinions on this?

Were the Weeper and Lord of Bones of the same rank as Styr and Tormund?

The Weeper, Rattleshirt and Tormund may be of the same rank as the appendix in Storm lists them as leader of a war band. Not sure whether Styr, being Magnar of Thenn, is of an equal or higher rank.

How does Tom o'Sevens inform the Brotherhood that Ryman Frey is leaving the siege of Riverrun? He is in the tent with Edmure after Ryman is told to leave, and I imagine it takes some time to get from Riverrun to Fairmarket. I dont have a map to reference but would the timescales work? Or is it likely that the Brotherhood were actually very close the Riverrun (the campfires that surround the siege lines) but dont ambush Ryman until Fairmarket??

On a related matter; how does the brotherhood without banners have the nunbers/stregth to take down Ryman Frey's entire party? We know that Lem was at the Inn with Gendry, Edric Dayn and Anguy have disappeared, which takes out some notable members. What are peoples opinions on this?

Not sure how Tom got the word out, it's possible he isn't the only agent they have in the camp and he sent another person riding ahead with the message. I don't think there's any mystery as to how the Brotherhood captured 16 guys in an ambush, only four of whom were knights.

for a question, since it is not 100% confirmed who Jon's mother is, is there an outside chance that only Ned's children are wargs? or do we think it is Stark children assuming he is Lyanna's

I guess the general consensus is that it comes from the First Men blood, so yeah, Jon did get it through Lyanna.

There are other, more complex theories, however. You might wanna read: http://branvras.free.fr/HuisClos/Bat.html (There was also a great thread on Sansa's link to Harrenhal recently, in part inspired by Bran Vras' analysis. I'll see if I can find it for you if you're interested.)

ETA: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/96512-house-stark-of-harrenhal-long-but-with-tldr-summary/

It's possible that the Blackfish informed them or the BwB simply ambush Rayman as he was passing Fairmarket enroute to the Twins.

- When Jaime retrieves Edmure from the Frey's gallows, he dismisses Rayman from the siege and leaves the Frey camp with Edmure and Tom.

- Jaime delivers the terms of surrender to Edmure in the presence of Tom.

- When Jaime departs he leaves Tom behind to entertain Edmure [by singing Rains of Castamere]

- It's possible that a very interesting exchange took place between Tom and Edmure

- Next time we see Jaime he is in Riverrun's great hall. The Blackfish escaped out the water gate and Edmure waited almost an entire day before surrendering the castle. Jaime mentions that the Blackfish could be ten leagues away. Ten leagues would put him in the vicinity of Fairmarket.

As to the troop numbers, I would suggest reading this post by Lady Gwynhyfvar: http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/95448-le-grande-northern-conspiracy-parte-the-fourth/page-4#entry4881135

There's a point in the The Iron Suitor chapter when Victarion and Moqorro go below deck. The text briefly slips out of Victarion's POV and describes the sounds coming out of his cabin. I can't remember anything like that happening in the books.

Can anybody think of other examples?

There's a point in the The Iron Suitor chapter when Victarion and Moqorro go below deck. The text briefly slips out of Victarion's POV and describes the sounds coming out of his cabin. I can't remember anything like that happening in the books.

Can anybody think of other examples?

MEANWHILE, BACK ON THE WALL . . .

Hey, wait a minute!” some of you may be saying about now. “Wait a minute, wait a minute! Where’s Dany and the dragons? Where’s Tyrion? We hardly saw Jon Snow. That can’t be all of it. . . .”

:lol:

Were the Weeper and Lord of Bones of the same rank as Styr and Tormund?

My take of it is, if you want to draw parallels, to ask if Gregor Clegane was of the same rank as Doran Martell or Ned Stark.

That is, the non-disputable lord of his own quite distinctive people (Dornish vs. Thenns), or the King's trusted man, the one whose claim was almost as good as the king's himself (Ned vs. Tormund).

But it's the free folk after all, so you can't really say, can you?

Yes, I think so.

Now I wonder how many errors there are... this was a stupid one, as the colour of the hair was different in three books so it was impossible not to notice.

Jon and Arya kind of bonded over both looking like a Stark (brown hair, grey eyes), and Sansa and Arya had a fight once about her obviously being a bastard because she didn't look like their mother. How did that get pointed out in the book? Bit odd if you translate their looks the wrong way.

Maybe Jeyne did get pregnant somehow.

(and that was Eleyna)

True, that is a possibility. All the Westerling children were supposed to be at Riverrun (except for the eldest son, who died at the Twins during the Red Wedding), but Eleyna isn't mentioned by Jaime at all when the Westerlings leave (though the younger brother isn't mentioned either, so it doesn't have to mean anything). It is possible that the real Jeyne snuck out of Riverrun with the Blackfish, pregnant and all, and Sybelle freaked out when she discovered this, and is now making Eleyna pose as Jeyne, who had different size hips.

Jeyne is supposed to be in WoW, George Martin has said so in an interview, so perhaps we will find out in the next book!

Archived