Dany: The Darth Vader of ASOIAF?

Fire Eater

None of the pit fighters were forced to fight against their will as Dany said only people who chose to risk their lives could fight as a condition.

Yes, but then she went, and had to forcibly stop Tyrion and Penny from fighting lions, which she rightfully noted they never agreed to do.

Nah I don't see it, def not Dany killing Rickon. And frankly I really don't get the Dany hate, she sees slavery first hand and then proceeds to do everything she can to stop it. It may not have been a complete success, but we haven't seen the end result of her actions as of yet. I think she's fucking badass to be honest lol.

Nah I don't see it, def not Dany killing Rickon. And frankly I really don't get the Dany hate, she sees slavery first hand and then proceeds to do everything she can to stop it. It may not have been a complete success, but we haven't seen the end result of her actions as of yet. I think she's fucking badass to be honest lol.

Besides, by the time Dany gets around to him Rickon will have spent so much time eating the hearts of his enemies to gain their power and wisdom whilst living among the ritualistically cannibalistic Skagosi that Rickon will be Effectively Invincible. :)

She wouldn't be able to kill him even if she tried.

Nah, I see her more as that Ewok that takes over the AT-ST walker.

Cute little thing with an absurdly high self worth, she is fun and quirky at first but she quickly becomes obnoxious and detracts from the story.

She "pulls a Homer" and comes into possession of a mighty power she has not earned, can not control, and is more of a danger to herself and those around her than the enemy.

Excuse the Dany hate but I can't stand her entitled, arrogant, hypocritical actions.

She crusades against slavery, but her beloved and fondly remembered, "sun and stars" was a mass murdering, serial raping, uber slaver extraordinaire. Her birth gains her a permanent station, ruler, but another persons birth can't gain them a permanent station as a slave?

Yes, but then she went, and had to forcibly stop Tyrion and Penny from fighting lions, which she rightfully noted they never agreed to do.

True, but I don't know if breaking the peace was in her people's best interest as it result in more war with her people paying most of the costs as Septon Meribald said "It is common born that is being dangerous when the high lords play their game of thrones."

True, but I don't know if breaking the peace was in her people's best interest as it result in more war with her people paying most of the costs as Septon Meribald said "It is common born that is being dangerous when the high lords play their game of thrones."

That is the complicated thing though. Dany is doing a lot of things she perceives as being good for her people (aka "saving" Mirri from rape, allowing the people with pale mare to stay around, stopping the fightings for two dwarves, ...). Conceptually, Daenerys is a very good person. But she doesn't understand (yet) that, sometimes, people cannot be saved or that a few need to be sacrificed for the greater good. That is the reason why she is making so many mistakes: because she is compassionate. In opposition to Stannis who is harsh but a just ruler. Dany wants to make everyone happy and she considers herself as the ultimate savior but unfortunately that isn't going to be possible (I remember her reaction when she learns that some of her "children" are actively asking to be sold as slaves). Basically, Daenerys has a precise idea of what she thinks is good for people. But what she thinks isn't what everyone wants and she needs to understand that. She needs to be a ruler, not a mother.

So yes, I agree with your post. She is causing more harm while she is trying to do some good

Looking back if someone, and by someone I mean myself, believe that the Targaryens are like Siths, like Siths the Targaryen had MDW and tried to conquer the universe, then Anakin "the chosen one" aka Jon and Darth Vader aka Dany are Sithspawn aka dragonspawns, since Anakin's miraculous birth were the result of Darth Plagueis' experiments with the Force.

Another thing I noticed is that Dany will paralleling Tywin Lannister when he crushed the rebellion of of the Reynes and Tarbecks.

I'd like to thank FittleLinger for finding this

To add to the parallel, the Lannisters kept the last lions of the westerlands, the sigil of both Houses Lannister and Reyne. Dany possesses the last dragons in the world, the sigil of both Houses Targaryen and Blackfyre. House Tarbeck's sigil was a seven-pointed star, the symbol of the Faith, so the Faith will ally with Aegon.

Dany will exterminate House Blackfyre, and while Aegon may be fake and a Blackfyre, he's not intentionally malicious, he's just a boy. He genuinely believes he is Rhaegar's son, and he isn't intentionally trying to steal the IT from its rightful heir, he believes it is his by virtue of being Rhaegar's son.

In my opinion, killing Aegon could be a step away from killing children.

To add to the Tywin parallel, Dany takes Astapor by treachery, like Tywin takes KL. While Dany had purer motives than Tywin, Tywin left KL in better shape afterwards than Dany left Astapor.

She crusades against slavery, but her beloved and fondly remembered, "sun and stars" was a mass murdering, serial raping, uber slaver extraordinaire. Her birth gains her a permanent station, ruler, but another persons birth can't gain them a permanent station as a slave?

Not to mention that had Drogo not died, she would be the one directly benefiting from the conquered Lhazareni sold into... slavery. She might be trying to make up for that now but I do not recall her reflecting on that, ever.

Not to mention that had Drogo not died, she would be the one directly benefiting from the conquered Lhazareni sold into... slavery. She might be trying to make up for that now but I do not recall her reflecting on that, ever.

She was definitely conflicted over way Drogo planned to gain the means to put their son on the throne. That was pretty clear in AGoT.

She was definitely conflicted over way Drogo planned to gain the means to put their son on the throne. That was pretty clear in AGoT.

I know she was uncomfortable with it back then, but it still didn't stop her, and IIRCshe never reflects on it later on when she is confronted with the reality of slavery - because even though she didn't benefit from it in the end, those people were still subjected to that fate because of her.

That is the complicated thing though. Dany is doing a lot of things she perceives as being good for her people (aka "saving" Mirri from rape, allowing the people with pale mare to stay around, stopping the fightings for two dwarves, ...). Conceptually, Daenerys is a very good person. But she doesn't understand (yet) that, sometimes, people cannot be saved or that a few need to be sacrificed for the greater good. That is the reason why she is making so many mistakes: because she is compassionate. In opposition to Stannis who is harsh but a just ruler. Dany wants to make everyone happy and she considers herself as the ultimate savior but unfortunately that isn't going to be possible (I remember her reaction when she learns that some of her "children" are actively asking to be sold as slaves). Basically, Daenerys has a precise idea of what she thinks is good for people. But what she thinks isn't what everyone wants and she needs to understand that. She needs to be a ruler, not a mother.

So yes, I agree with your post. She is causing more harm while she is trying to do some good

With 349 posts, I don't know whether it's worth searching to see how your feel about the Stannis Edric situation, so I must assume that you come down on the burn the kid side of the situation? I mean, if we assume Mel is correct (we know she is not).

Dany just hasn't done a single thing I consider to be evil yet, so this Sith thing is a huge stretch for me, but we will see.

There are different kinds of cowardice. The only thing ser Grandfather is better at than waving his sword is remaining willfully blind.

Ser Barristan is so NOT blind that he concealed his identity (and obligations) from Dany until he could determine what kind of person she was and what sort of leader she'd be.

He knew that when she found out who he was, she'd view "Whitebeard" as a betrayal of her trust. Which she did. But the last thing HE wanted was to wind up sworn to another inept, psychotic, or miserable monarch. Dany passed his tests and proved herself as someone he could actually be proud to serve.

And no, Barristan is not delusional. He's far too observant to be delusional.

Archived