"Everywhere the dragons danced, people died" Daenerys trace of death

Wait are you blaming Drogos khal on Dany?

Once he went west to invade Westeros for her claim, to pillage and gain slaves to sell in Slaver's Bay to finance ships? Yes. Those casualties, apart from the ones before he went west for Danny, are due to Danny's wish to be queen of Westeros.

That's the Green Grace trying to justify the slave trade. There's plenty of evidence that Meereen has a viable economy without the slave trade. They had vast olive groves, until the Great Masters burned them. Olives are very valuable. Dany sets people to grow crops. They have a middle class who trade in wine and spices. Agriculture will always produce the bulk of output in a pre-industrial economy. And one reason Dany attacks Meereen is because it's full of food.

It's ok, you can be wrong.

Like I said, we eyewitness more of her planning than any other non POV leaders.

Based what she has done so far, you can't call her one of the best, even if we hav seen more planning than any other non POV leaders. A good military leader and a conquer does not rely on others to assemble battle strategies for her. She doesn't know anything about warfare, admit it, she couldnt have unless she learned to or was born with a gift to do that, which she wasn't.

Once he went west to invade Westeros for her claim, to pillage and gain slaves to sell in Slaver's Bay to finance ships? Yes. Those casualties, apart from the ones before he went west for Danny, are due to Danny's wish to be queen of Westeros.

So you think Dany was the boss of Drogo?

She had her own khal way before she got credit for it?

So you think Dany was the boss of Drogo?

She had her own khal way before she got credit for it?

You do realise that Drogo goes to invade Westewros for Danny in AGOT? That is when he is injured in battle. It's in the book dude.

And you still have the rest to consider apart from the civilian casualties from Dothraki (Astapor, Meereen, Pale Mare in both camps...).

Based what she has done so far, you can't call her one of the best, even if we hav seen more planning than any other non POV leaders. A good military leader and a conquer does not rely on others to assemble battle strategies for her. She doesn't know anything about warfare, admit it, she couldnt have unless she learned to or was born with a gift to do that, which she wasn't.

Again, we eyewitness her planning, strategy that came from her own head. Not relying on others to plan it for her, more than we have of any others beside Jon, because he is POV too

You do realise that Drogo goes to invade Westewros for Danny in AGOT? That is when he is injured in battle. It's in the book dude.

And you still have the rest to consider apart from the civilian casualties from Dothraki (Astapor, Meereen, Pale Mare in both camps...).

Yeh I realize Drogo was in charge of his own khal and Dany wasn't. That's what was in the book I read dude.

Wait are you blaming Drogos khal on Dany?

Well, yes, he kills all those people because Danny asked him for an uncomfortable iron chair

Somebody gets it. And what is the point of this thread? Obviously she's going to bring a lot of death and destruction to Westeros, is this something you just figured out? It seemed pretty clear since the first book. And guess what, it doesn't make her a crazy evil villain.

Doesn't it? She will be branded as a villain by the nobles opposing her and the small folk suffering her. As for her crazyness, we have some disturbing thoughts about Daennerys by Daennerys. Namely, referring to her as a dragon, dragons not going trees, her insanse sense of entitlement and probably a few others

You know nothing, Nyrhex.

First: Drogo only planned to invade Westeros because Robert Baratheon tried to assassinate a pregnant Daenerys. Dany had been trying to persuade him to march west and he had absolutely no intentions of doing so.

Second: it was due to Dany and Drogo's shared wish that THEIR SON be king of Westeros. It had nothing to do with Dany wanting to rule.

Rhaego (sort of), Drogo, all the Dothraki that died in the aftermath of Mirri Maz Dur 'saving' Drogo, Mirri Maz Dur, Doreah, all the Dothraki that died in the Red Waste, the Undying, most of Astapor, loads in Yunkai, Mero, those 186 (I think it's 186) children and slavers, everyone in the sack of Meereen, that girl Drogo ate, all the deaths relating to the Harpy, all the deaths at the fighting pits, Quentyn and whoever of his gang died with him, everyone in the aftermath of her leaving Meereen.

But most of this deaths weren't exactly intentional and others not her fault at all....

Well, yes, he kills all those people because Danny asked him for an uncomfortable iron chair

Doesn't it? She will be branded as a villain by the nobles opposing her and the small folk suffering her. As for her crazyness, we have some disturbing thoughts about Daennerys by Daennerys. Namely, referring to her as a dragon, dragons not going trees, her insanse sense of entitlement and probably a few others

Are Jaime and Tyrion insane for calling themselves lions? Is Arya insane for calling herself a wolf? Are the Greyjoys insane for calling themselves krakens?

She will be just another player in a war that's been going on for years across an entire continent. Its not like Westeros is in some great time of peace and the crazy dragon lady going to come and ruin it.

Edit: Beaten to my point by TMO.

And if referring to herself as a dragon makes her crazy, then every character that refers to themselves as a wolf, or a lion is to.

That's the Green Grace trying to justify the slave trade. There's plenty of evidence that Meereen has a viable economy without the slave trade. They had vast olive groves, until the Great Masters burned them. Olives are very valuable. Dany sets people to grow crops. They have a middle class who trade in wine and spices. Agriculture will always produce the bulk of output in a pre-industrial economy. And one reason Dany attacks Meereen is because it's full of food.

I do believe that they could survive on other sources of income (I believe Meereen is the only Slave city able to do so. Astapor and Yunkai had really no alternative), but they would never be wealthy. And after the burning of the olive trees, etc. they really need the Slave Trade back, which is yet another reason why I think Meereen will be abandonded after Dany returns and then put to the torch.

You know nothing, Nyrhex.

First: Drogo only planned to invade Westeros because Robert Baratheon tried to assassinate a pregnant Daenerys. Dany had been trying to persuade him to march west and he had absolutely no intentions of doing so.

Second: it was due to Dany and Drogo's shared wish that THEIR SON be king of Westeros. It had nothing to do with Dany wanting to rule.

Ya know nothin', PatrickStormborn.

Dany asks Drogo to go west. And Drogo was persuaded. Dany is the reason Drogo marches west.

Q.E.D.

I do believe that they could survive on other sources of income (I believe Meereen is the only Slave city able to do so. Astapor and Yunkai had really no alternative), but they would never be wealthy. And after the burning of the olive trees, etc. they really need the Slave Trade back, which is yet another reason why I think Meereen will be abandonded after Dany returns and then put to the torch.

Potential spoilers for TWoW.

I pretty much agree with you there. But I don't think Meereen will be "put to the torch" after Dany returns... In contrast, I think the city will be destroyed in the Battle of Fire (perhaps influenced by Moqorro - after all, without Meereen, Dany will be more likely to move on to Volantis).

Ya know nothin', PatrickStormborn.

Dany asks Drogo to go west. And Drogo was persuaded.

Q.E.D.

That is not what happens. Drogo marches west when Robert fails to assassinate Daenerys. That would have happened regardless of whether Daenerys herself had ever asked him to go west.

Archived