"Everywhere the dragons danced, people died" Daenerys trace of death

Señor de la Tormenta

Dragons kill fewer men than men. Three dragons on the Field of Fire killed four thousand men-while the Battle of Redgrass field killed 10,000.

Dragons kill more men than men. Three dragons on the Field of Fire killed four thousand men while the Battle of Yunkai killed just two hundreds

:uhoh:

If Astapor had a small garrison of free soldiers,

If Yonkai fell without a fight,

If Meereen had a garrison similar to Astapor (they counted on thier walls),

If Drogo lost few soldier when attacking unarmed lamb men,

Then the population of Astapor, the people who died of the Pale Mare and starvation in the siege,make the overwhelming majority.

Danny lost few troops. If we count the Unsullied killed doing poilice work as still soldiers, than sure. It can go to like 95-98%. I'll give you that much.

None of this is backing up a claim of anywhere near +90% casualty rate.

How would it support so many people when it's only trade is slaves?

There's more than that. Meereen's territory extends 150 miles upriver. Huge trade comes downriver to the city on the sea. The river itself sustains olives, viticulture, spices, and other forms of agricultural production. They also have copper mines in the hinterland.

this. Or do you suggest letting Balon do as he pleases? Dany's war on slavery would be admirable if she actualltly was fighting against slavery. She is at war because she wants to be a quee n.

Balon's actions were not worse than those of the slavers in Slaver's Bay, so as far as I'm concerned Robert's war was less justified than Dany's.

Based on the fact that you have failed to address any of my other points, I'm guessing you should probably quit now.

There's more than that. Meereen's territory extends 150 miles upriver. Huge trade comes downriver to the city on the sea. The river itself sustains olives, viticulture, spices, and other forms of agricultural production. They also have copper mines in the hinterland.

Copper is plentiful in the Ghiscari hills, but the metal is not as valuable as it had been when bronze ruled the world. Cedars once grew tall along the coast but grow no more; they were felled by the axes of the Old Empire or consumed by dragonfire when Ghis made war against Valyria. Once the trees had gone, the soil baked beneath the hot sun and blew away in thick red clouds. According to Galazza Galare it was these calamities that transformed her people into slavers. Without slaves Meereen has little to offer.

And you think there's no way that slaves could tend to the agriculture and work the mines for export for the ruling families?

this. Or do you suggest letting Balon do as he pleases? Dany's war on slavery would be admirable if she actualltly was fighting against slavery. She is at war because she wants to be a quee n.

Oh stop with the bullshit. Honestly, if you don't see that Dany legitimately cares for the slaves, then I don't know what books you've been reading.

“Not by intent, no, but Qarth is a city of merchants, and they love the clink of silver coins, the gleam of yellow gold. When you smashed the slave trade, the blow was felt from Westeros to Asshai. Qarth depends upon its slaves. So too Tolos, New Ghis, Lys, Tyrosh, Volantis … the list is long, my queen.”

“Let them come. In me they shall find a sterner foe than Cleon. I would sooner perish fighting than return my children to bondage.”

I'm saying she is one of the best, we actually eyewitness some of her own planning. Unlike many other leaders who don't have POVs and the blanks are filled in with claims of great strategic planning.

I'm sorry, but it's impossible for me to agree with this statement. She's not one of the best, nor a good one. She knows almost nothing about how to conduct war.

So "Ides of Marsh" is a Bowen Marsh hate thread? Or "Did Stannis wanted Robert to die" a Stannis hate thread??? So we cannot disscus characters actions whatsoever? Great...

If people accuse them for things out of their control, or things that do not have any basis in the text, then yes it qualifies as a hate thread. Many Stannis threads are hate thread, which is why most of them get locked.

a

And you think there's no way that slaves could tend to the agriculture and work the mines for export for the ruling families?

I don't doubt much (perhaps most) agricultural work is carried out by slaves. But, agriculture can sustain a large urban population.

Dragons kill more men than men. Three dragons on the Field of Fire killed four thousand men while the Battle of Yunkai killed just two hundreds

:uhoh:

Those that died on the Field of Fire knew they were facing dragons. They decided to take their chances and died.

After Balerion, Meraxes and Vhagar, after Harrenhal and after the Field of Fire, if people still choose to go up against Dany and her dragon(s) it's their own fault.

None of this is backing up a claim of anywhere near +90% casualty rate.

You do realise that even if a khalasar of 40,000 screamers only pillaged one village and killed 1,000 people for Danny's cause, if Astapor was a "city" with a population of 1,000 free men who were killed and the rest were under 12/slaves, that if Meereen only had 1,000 people killed and the rest were spared, and Dany lost 3,000 storming it;

Without counting the people who died in Astapor in the sack after the battle with the slavers, siege of Meereen, from the Pale Mare, starvation; Danny is still in 50% civilian casualties due to her actions?

It does'nt look good compared with Robert, Stannis... hell even the Boltons. Only Tywin reaches those levels.

You do realise that even if a khalasar of 40,000 screamers only pillaged one village and killed 1,000 people for Danny's cause, if Astapor was a "city" with a population of 1,000 free men who were killed and the rest were under 12/slaves, that if Meereen only had 1,000 people killed and the rest were spared, and Dany lost 3,000 storming it;

Without counting the people who died in Astapor in the sack after the battle with the slavers, siege of Meereen, from the Pale Mare, starvation; Danny is still in 50% civilian casualties due to her actions?

It does'nt look good compared with Robert, Stannis... hell even the Boltons. Only Tywin reaches those levels.

Wait are you blaming Drogos khal on Dany?

A lot

Lesson #1 - don't fuk with Daenerys Targaryen.

Somebody gets it. And what is the point of this thread? Obviously she's going to bring a lot of death and destruction to Westeros, is this something you just figured out? It seemed pretty clear since the first book. And guess what, it doesn't make her a crazy evil villain.

Archived