Bad sex awards

Sophelia

The Guardian newspaper is inviting readers to vote on which they think should win the bad sex award this year.

So which would you vote?

My thoughts:

I think they're a little disappointing as bad sex award candidates (no.3 is geek humour, 2 is just boring, 8 doesn't stand out in anyway), however some of them do have a bit of that classic bad sex groanworthiness...

No. 4 retrieves itself in the last sentence, which leaves it as a contender, similarly to no. 6 (though the last sentence in 5 is just bad writing, that in 6 is more disturbing)

No. 5 gets close...um... but never quite fulfils its promise (not memorably bad enough) ditto no. 1

Has to be no. 7 for me. Ugh.

Edit: after Kat's comment I realised I'd got 1 and 2 merged - oops

I voted for #1. Too many body parts no one wants to think about during sex. Is she a biologist or something? Also, who picks Woody Guthrie as a pen name?

No one, as far as I know. Guthrie wrote it in 1947, but apparently couldn't find a publisher for it during his lifetime.

What in the...?

I'm going to pretend like I never knew this fact and go back to believing Guthrie couldn't have possibly written something this bad.

I vote for 1. I don't know why you all are for 7, I think it's a charming little piece of literature.

I think it's the tasting of finger post butt, ah, fingering.

Not everyone finds a Bakkerian honeyed anus appealing.

7, definitely.

BTW, which is the book that has the line, "plough me with your hoe. Fertilise me with your seed?"

I think it's from the unexpurgated version of Alan Titchmarsh's autobiography.

I rather liked number four, it seemed deliberately disconcerting rather than accidentally atrocious.

7, definitely.

BTW, which is the book that has the line, "plough me with your hoe. Fertilise me with your seed?"

They couldn't work tractors in there as well? What a wasted opportunity...

Anyway, I think it's number 5 and neuromuscular euphorias and vas deferenses for me. But number 7 is neck and neck. A peasant saying, indeed?

Archived