[Book Spoilers] EP410 Discussion

Ran

That's so awesome! people really seem to like this scene, I heard accounts of clapping and cheering :)

I generally dislike Stannis but even I enjoyed that scene the most out of the episode. Everything else though............ :spank:

Has anyone mentioned how awesome the dude who played the father of the girl killed by Drogon was? That dude broke my fucking heart, he was amazing in every way & I can't even find a credit for him on imdb :bs: Who is the actor? He *nailed* that scene.

+10

I was about to post this on the "Positive Nitpick" thread -- that actor nailed it perfectly. For those of us with children, that is *exactly* what our mental state would be if we saw some winged behemoth fly down and breathe a fiery holocaust upon our three-year-old child: visible loss of sanity, detached from reality, aimless, vacant, trembling, non-functional. Could barely watch the scene.

For all the talk in certain sectors of the fandom about how D and D hate Stannis, let it be known that that was the most expensive sequence they've ever filmed. That is the battle that Alex Graves and D and D alluded to that was the most complex CGI they'd ever done and was only completed shortly before the episode aired.

BTW has anyone on tumblr or reddit used Dr. Evil saying "How about no, you crazy Dutch bastard" in response to a Melisandre quote before? If no, I think that would be funny, meme-makers of the world...

That guy was superb. He had me convinced that in the books it really was Drogon who killed the girl; sort of disputed the whole theory of "we don't know it was Drogon that did it." But we'll see.

+10

I was about to post this on the "Positive Nitpick" thread -- that actor nailed it perfectly. For those of us with children, that is *exactly* what our mental state would be if we saw some winged behemoth fly down and breathe a fiery holocaust upon our three-year-old child: visible loss of sanity, detached from reality, aimless, vacant, trembling, non-functional. Could barely watch the scene.

I've got a thread awaiting mod approval to see if we can rustle up some info on this dude, best cameo of the season by a mile. His dialogue (as translated by Missandei) was heart-wrenching, the way he starts "I have brought you..." and just tails off. Gawd that was some powerful shit.

I just read the interview with Alex Graves regarding the lack of Lady Stoneheart and ... it's kinda stupid, isn't it. He actually works on the show, but he still considers LS to be a "zombie who kills people" and nothing more - and this just shows how little understanding of the characters and knowledge of the books he actually has. LS is not a zombie, she's not a wight ... or a silly walking skeleton. Beric Dondarrion wasn't a zombie, and he died several times. LS is still Catelyn, or rather a Catelyn, who has gone insane, and not necessarily because she was dead (although I'm certain that her death was a contributing factor as well). Catelyn lost her mind the moment Robb died in front of her eyes. Her killing Aegon Frey was her first act as Lady Stoneheart and her clawing her face while screaming and laughing were the first signs of her insanity. And even if Catelyn had miraculously survived the Red Wedding, the things she had experienced in the last few months of her life turned her into Lady Stoneheart, not the fact that she was dead for a a few days. At least that's my take on it and also this is why LS is infinitely more interessting to me than any awkward romance between minor characters or, admittedly, cool, but pointless fight scenes like the one between Brienne and Clegane.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and I overall enjoyed this season a lot but there were a some questionable changes which kinda worried me a lot, to be honest.

Regarding Episode 10: I liked it, I didn't love it and I was a little bit frustrated over the lack of Stoneheart and Tysha. Bloodraven and the Children weren't as cool as they could have been and the scene between Tyrion and Tywin felt kinda ... empty? I don't know why exactly, but it did very little for me.

But as I said, I still love the show and I'm really excited for season 5 and, hopefully, Lady Stoneheart to appear.

I just read the interview with Alex Graves regarding the lack of Lady Stoneheart and ... it's kinda stupid, isn't it. He actually works on the show, but he still considers LS to be a "zombie who kills people" and nothing more - and this just shows how little understanding of the characters and knowledge of the books he actually has. LS is not a zombie, she's not a wight ... or a silly walking skeleton. Beric Dondarrion wasn't a zombie, and he died several times. LS is still Catelyn, or rather a Catelyn, who has gone insane, and not necessarily because she was dead (although I'm certain that her death was a contributing factor as well). Catelyn lost her mind the moment Robb died in front of her eyes. Her killing Aegon Frey was her first act as Lady Stoneheart and her clawing her face while screaming and laughing were the first signs of her insanity. And even if Catelyn had miraculously survived the Red Wedding, the things she had experienced in the last few months of her life turned her into Lady Stoneheart, not the fact that she was dead for a a few days. At least that's my take on it and also this is why LS is infinitely more interessting to me than any awkward romance between minor characters or, admittedly, cool, but pointless fight scenes like the one between Brienne and Clegane.

Don't get me wrong, I still love the show and I overall enjoyed this season a lot but there were a some questionable changes which kinda worried me a lot, to be honest.

Regarding Episode 10: I liked it, I didn't love it and I was a little bit frustrated over the lack of Stoneheart and Tysha. Bloodraven and the Children weren't as cool as they could have been and the scene between Tyrion and Tywin felt kinda ... empty? I don't know why exactly, but it did very little for me.

But as I said, I still love the show and I'm really excited for season 5 and, hopefully, Lady Stoneheart to appear.

I like Graves a director, he is masterful at directing action but he really shouldn't be allowed to give interviews

Has anyone mentioned how awesome the dude who played the father of the girl killed by Drogon was? That dude broke my fucking heart, he was amazing in every way & I can't even find a credit for him on imdb :bs: Who is the actor? He *nailed* that scene.

I think that guy was "too" good to be real. I have a theory that Drogon didnot burn any girl. It was the Harpy who burned that girl and produced the man after seeing that Dany has soft heart for the kids. This way, they got two dragons chained and Drogon could have been chained if they got the chance.

In the books, we never see the dragons attacking a person unless they insist on dying. Even a large dragon like Sheepstealer didnot kill the shepherds unless they got in the way.

I think that guy was "too" good to be real. I have a theory that Drogon didnot burn any girl. It was the Harpy who burned that girl and produced the man after seeing that Dany has soft heart for the kids. This way, they got two dragons chained and Drogon could have been chained if they got the chance.

In the books, we never see the dragons attacking a person unless they insist on dying. Even a large dragon like Sheepstealer didnot kill the shepherds unless they got in the way.

My point was that the actor was amazing but nice theory ;)

I like Graves a director, he is masterful at directing action but he really shouldn't be allowed to give interviews

:agree:

I think we might have one of those situations where the execs at HBO said

HBO - dudes, you CANNOT have Michelle back for a non-speaking role, do you know how much she costs?!?

D&D - oh come on LS is a badass vengeance zombie!!

HBO - well maybe go a bit easier on the CGI horses next time, also, do you have any notion how difficult it was to resurrect Ray Harryhausen so he could make those skeleton thingies? wtf were those things anyway? they weren't white walkers or wights, their eyes weren't even blue

D&D - uhm

I think we might have one of those situations where the execs at HBO said

HBO - dudes, you CANNOT have Michelle back for a non-speaking role, do you know how much she costs?!?

D&D - oh come on LS is a badass vengeance zombie!!

HBO - well maybe go a bit easier on the CGI horses next time, also, do you have any notion how difficult it was to resurrect Ray Harryhausen so he could make those skeleton thingies? wtf were those things anyway? they weren't white walkers or wights, their eyes weren't even blue

D&D - uhm

nope, this never happened. In fact, I was at that HBO executive meeting and I said, if Patrick Malahide and Jason Mamoa can make 30 second cameos, Fairley can as well. They all looked at me and said "Season 5."

I liked that too- do you think that has any sort of significance or is foreshadowing anything?

Defo! The way she looked at hime. That sort of realization that this was her endgame. To get to him. This is who Rhollor was leading her to.

Archived