Fantasy Football 2014

l2 0 5 5

Orton may not be great, but I've never seen him throw a pick-six on a routine screen play.

That was a really bad pick, a really ugly play, but it certainly isn't the worst looking QB play I've seen. I think that belongs to Mark Sanchez running into his own lineman's ass so hard that he fumbled the ball and almost knocked himself out. That was a classic worthy of being a career ender. A pick six on a screen pass? Meh. I think he might get another chance this year. His first two games weren't bad statwise. I did not watch his games though, so maybe the statline wasn't really indicative of his play.

Another 4-1 week for me. On a good run right now.

Went into Monday night with 3 wins locked down, and expecting a close win in Westeros A and a close loss in Westeros B. Instead, the opposite happened (mainly because I was starting Charles in B, and going against him in A). Not exactly the tradeoff that I wanted, since I care about A more, but at least I was able to get the split.

The part that hurt most about the game in Westeros A is that I lost by 5.....and I had Rueben Randle in my lineup. So the TD that the refs took away from him cost me the game.

Overall, now sitting at 3-1 in Westeros C and Thunderdome. At 2-2 in my money league, Westeros A, and Westeros B.

Another 4-1 week for me. On a good run right now.

Went into Monday night with 3 wins locked down, and expecting a close win in Westeros A and a close loss in Westeros B. Instead, the opposite happened (mainly because I was starting Charles in B, and going against him in A). Not exactly the tradeoff that I wanted, since I care about A more, but at least I was able to get the split.

The part that hurt most about the game in Westeros A is that I lost by 5.....and I had Rueben Randle in my lineup. So the TD that the refs took away from him cost me the game.

Overall, now sitting at 3-1 in Westeros C and Thunderdome. At 2-2 in my money league, Westeros A, and Westeros B.

I fully expected you to win our game in Westeros A, too. I didn't think there was much chance that Brady, A. Smith, and Charles would score 60 points. Then to have them do just that but with Brady contributing next to nothing and actually trying to give it all away with his turnovers was...well, pretty weird. I also had two QB's sitting on my bench that had really good performances this week (unlike Brady) so that hurt. Well, I'm sure the fantasy football gods will rain karmic retribution down upon my head in the coming weeks :P

I fully expected you to win our game in Westeros A, too. I didn't think there was much chance that Brady, A. Smith, and Charles would score 60 points. Then to have them do just that but with Brady contributing next to nothing and actually trying to give it all away with his turnovers was...well, pretty weird. I also had two QB's sitting on my bench that had really good performances this week (unlike Brady) so that hurt. Well, I'm sure the fantasy football gods will rain karmic retribution down upon my head in the coming weeks :P

Brady actually turned out to be a big reason that you won. Just not in the way you'd normally expect. His turnovers set up a lot of easy points for Smith and Charles.

Brady actually turned out to be a big reason that you won. Just not in the way you'd normally expect. His turnovers set up a lot of easy points for Smith and Charles.

Good point. I was just having visions of him continuing to turn the ball over a few more times...but, yes, in that case KC would have probably put up even more points. It was just strange all the way around to see that kind of performance from Brady and the Patriots.

I'll see you again in week 12.

I lead the league in points, and am second in points against. The worst part of my schedule is already behind me.

43 point loss in week 3 :)

I am projected to win 133.46 to 126.86 right now for week 12 too and that is without a TE in my lineup.

But you did almost crack 200 last week which was impressive. I have been more consistent with my scores week to week.

I came in 2nd to last place or last place last year, so my turnaround is pretty good. Last year was screwed due to injuries.

4-0 baby! :D with my top 2 players on bye I thought I was done for, but thank god for curb your enthusiasms LD (I knew he would he go in, but who woulda thought Desean sucks) and I never thought I'd say it but thank god for the majority of new england patriots!

Anyways, I've got an abundance of subpar running backs and I'd like some subpar wide receivers. Hit me up for a trade in westeros b.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000403992/article/larry-donnell-regrets-benching-larry-donnell-in-fantasy

Larry Donnell regrets benching Larry Donnell on his fantasy team last week.

That really is funny

I saw that, too, and had to laugh. But, in reality, I'm pretty sure he'd take his actual performance in that Thursday night debacle over having him in his starting FF line-up (of course, having both would have been best). ;)

Lol that's good. I made the foolish move of dropping him in favor of Niles Paul :bawl:

I have the worst Thursday Night FF luck on an annual basis.

Nobody can make heads or tails of Thursday night NFL games! It had usually been the kiss o' death, statistically speaking, for teams playing on Thursday night - especially road teams. And then the Giants went to Washington and threw that little bit of conventional wisdom on its ear. So...who knows?

Archived