What would make you stop reading a future book of Asoiaf and never pick it up again?

BrienneofQarth

Okay, okay so for a lot of people on here I know it's 'absolutely nothing'; There are a lot of hale, hardy, battle worn fans on this forum, faithful to Ser Martin... But there are also a lot of wonderful and occasionally awful predictions about, both suggested by the books and on the forums. Would any of them happening be too much for you to take? A last straw?

For me, Ned Stark still being alive. That would be the last page of Asoiaf I'd ever read...I'd really love to know if anything, for you, would have you slamming TWoW or ADoS shut and never opening it again?

I mean this thread half in humour and half in seriousness, so please be honourable...

Tyrion Targaryen and/or Tyrion riding a dragon. :bs:

Daenerys being Jon's Nissa Nissa. Arya killing Daenerys.

I'd also say Jon Snow King and/or Azor Ahai, but that would happen only in the very end, so it would be pointless to drop the book.

Tyrion Targaryen and/or Tyrion riding a dragon. :bs:

Daenerys being Jon's Nissa Nissa. Arya killing Daenerys.

I'd also say Jon Snow King and/or Azor Ahai, but that would happen only in the very end, so it would be pointless to drop the book.

Then unfortunately you're in for a HUGE disappointment. Not only is he going to ride a dragon , apparently he isn't suffering from greyscale either. He might also turn out to really be , by some contrived scenario, a Targaryen. Sigh.

I could get behind throwing the book into the fire if Ned was still alive.

But beyond that, I would hate it if:

-Jon/Dany marriage

-Anyone is a targ besides Jon

-Jon's mother is never revealed

-Mance is Rhaegar.

But all those ones I would probably still read to the end.

Archived