A prince born Bright

Wmarshal

Okay, we now know the name of Aerion's son ,Maegor, and his mother, and daughter of Rhaegel, Daenora. Now the question: What the hell happened to him? He seemed to have vanish into thin air. Odd, a guy with a strong claim with crazy in his blood seems like someone to make a scene, an one got any ideas?

Okay, we now know the name of Aerion's son ,Maegor, and his mother, and daughter of Rhaegel, Daenora. Now the question: What the hell happened to him? He seemed to have vanish into thin air. Odd, a guy with a strong claim with crazy in his blood seems like someone to make a scene, an one got any ideas?

Summerhall seems to have taken care of all except the main branch and Baratheons. Perhaps there were some other survivors, but I think AeGriff's ancestors were long in Essos.

1. He became the Ape Prince and died an tragically at Summerhall.

2. He is somehow connected to the whole Varys/Illyrio scheme, possibly Varys/Serra/Illyrio's father or grandfather. Although I think Aenys Blackfyre, the Daemon who was killed by Maelys, and the Bittersteel-Calla-match would provide a far better explanation. Varys could be a descendant of Aenys, whereas Illyrio may have been a descendant of Calla/Bittersteel without knowing it until Varys told him.

Since we are talking about this. It has become somewhat more unlikely that Varys/Illyrio had anything to do with the exile of the Tattered Prince. He left Pentos in 262 AC, and if Varys/Illyrio had been powerful enough to oust him/get him elected, it is really very strange that Varys spent nearly twenty years in Pentos thereafter...

Well, he has become a common joke by now. I remember that we have been discussing long before ADwD came out, on the basis of a report from the Davos chapters that stated the guy was a Targaryen king, not a prince.

We don't know who the Ape Prince is. That the point in all of that. Rhaegel was a good candidate, but that was smashed by the book. He had only one son, Rhaegel, and he outlived his father.

Now it has to be either Maegor, or that weird Prince Aegon who was the younger brother of Viserys and Daemon. Although he may have died as a child. There is no one else left.

I would tend to think that Maegor and his mother would have been forced to flee across the Narrow Sea the moment he got passed over in the Great Council of 233. He had a better claim than Egg. Someone would want to make use of that, and other someones would want credit for forestalling that by killing him. Maegor's life expectancy had to be incredibly low if he stayed in Westeros.

I would tend to think that Maegor and his mother would have been forced to flee across the Narrow Sea the moment he got passed over in the Great Council of 233. He had a better claim than Egg. Someone would want to make use of that, and other someones would want credit for forestalling that by killing him. Maegor's life expectancy had to be incredibly low if he stayed in Westeros.

I really doubt anyone was eager to crown Maegor II

There would only be a need to flee if Daenora feared that she and Maegor were in danger in Aegon's hands.. And I doubt that Aegon V would hurt them..

Maegor's presence could have been solved easily. Night's Watch, Kingsguard, perhaps even the Faith...

There would only be a need to flee if Daenora feared that she and Maegor were in danger in Aegon's hands.. And I doubt that Aegon V would hurt them..

Maegor's presence could have been solved easily. Night's Watch, Kingsguard, perhaps even the Faith...

What mother would want that when the lad could be a king? Her father was almost a king, and so was her dead mad husband.

What mother would want that when the lad could be a king? Her father was almost a king, and so was her dead mad husband.

What mother would want to risk her son growing old in poverty? You could look at the situation in that way too.

And being a King isn't everything.. Duncan gave up the crown willingly free, and the lives of kings aren't always so pleasant.. Maekar died in battle, Aenys could easily have been murdered for the throne, and his two eldest heirs definitly were. Maegor I in the end fell to the pressure of holding his throne, and was either killed or killed himself. The Blackfyre's were not yet defeated, and would hunt Maegor should he become king, which, if they won, would have meant Maegor's death. Rhaenyra and Aegon II died fighting for a throne, as did Rhaenyra's three eldest children, and Aegon II's siblings. Daeron I died in "battle",

Mothers want the best for their children, but we don't know anything about Daenora's personality.. Who's to say that she didn't favor Maegor's mental health and safety over him becoming King?

Keep in mind that we don't even know whether Daenora was still alive at that point. If she died, then all bets are off anyway. The boy would become a ward of the Crown.

And at that time Daenora may still have been 18-20 herself. Hardly an age to plot world domination, anyway. Most certainly not with an infant pretender whose father was not exactly well liked...

• Maegor's fate

The details of the Tragedy of Summerhal

The details of Rhaegar/Lyanna's disappearance

are among the things George left ambigious in TWOIAF, which means they will be revealed in the main series because of their strong connection to the current story.

• Maegor's fate

The details of the Tragedy of Summerhal

The details of Rhaegar/Lyanna's disappearance

are among the things George left ambigious in TWOIAF, which means they will be revealed in the main series because of their strong connection to the current story.

They're either spoilers, or red herrings to disguise other spoilers.

Archived