Dating 19 - Angels, Algorithms, and Alliteration

Larry of the Lawn

If it was the latter, I'd have been head over heels for just about any girl. No, I just happen to have a special feeling when I talk to that one. It's kind of difficult to explain.

Sorry for misunderstanding about 'sapiosexual'.

I would think this is what is commonly called having a crush, or being in love, with someone :dunno: Looks go out the window when that happens. Glad you have discovered this.

I would think this is what is commonly called having a crush, or being in love, with someone :dunno: Looks go out the window when that happens. Glad you have discovered this.

Yeah, I know. But I find it unusual that it's just the talking thing that really attracts me, while other stuff is just a bonus. It just strikes me as odd. Judging by your reaction, it shouldn't.

You're surprised you can value something about a woman other than her looks? That's how this sounds to me.

That shouldn't be surprising, no, and it comes off as really shitty if I'm being honest.

Glad you have discovered this.

All that needs to be said really.

You're surprised you can value something about a woman other than her looks? That's how this sounds to me.

That shouldn't be surprising, no, and it comes off as really shitty if I'm being honest.

Well, it's one down for the good guys, no? :lol:

No, I'm not surprised at that. I can't seem to make my point clear, so I'm backing out.

I'm off to sleep, it's 1 am my time and I have an easy test tomorrow before going to parkour. I'm 300% sure I'll run through the scenario of asking her out at least once while my brain provides the song Young Folks from The Kooks as background music.

Cheers guys.

No, I'm not surprised at that. I can't seem to make my point clear, so I'm backing out.

I'm off to sleep, it's 1 am my time and I have an easy test tomorrow before going to parkour. I'm 300% sure I'll run through the scenario of asking her out at least once while my brain provides the song Young Folks from The Kooks as background music.

Cheers guys.

Well, I'd listen to the original for one. Peter, Björn and John.

Good luck on the mayby asking out!

If it's any consolation they were almost certainly as mortified to see you as you were to see them. I often think we need some kind of app so teachers and students can flag where they'll be and avoid awkward social encounters. E.g., a couple of days ago I ran into a professor who I am friendly but in no sense actually friends with and he introduced himself to the guy I was with by his first name. He obviously didn't want to introduce himself in a social setting as "Hi, I'm Professor ____" because he's not in fact an arrogant dick, but since I don't call him by his first name it's now a little awkward that my random friend does.

Edit: although the winner has to be a friend who saw one of our professors naked, full-frontal in the changing room at a swimming pool. It took him a long time to recover.

I thought the holy covenant we made with each other when we enter a gym/pool changing room or shower station was not to look at each other's junk. So I have no sympathy for the blasphemer who got caught desecrating this covenant.

Also, professors are people too. Not sure why anyone would want them to go home all sweaty after a workout.

Yeah, my mental response to that was "grow up, you're adults."

We are adults, as I presume are Lily and Er Rn. Given that three adults have now told you that they sometimes find it uncomfortable to interact in a social setting with people with whom they have professional relationships with significant power differentials (teachers to students, medical professionals to patients), it seems reasonable to assume that that is indeed a thing which happens to 'grown ups'.

Archived