Dating 19 - Angels, Algorithms, and Alliteration

Larry of the Lawn

I've never had a girlfriend throughout my twenties. My last girlfriend was from high school and through the first couple of years of college. We broke up right around the time I turned 21. It's not like I haven't moved on, I just have never had a relationship since. I liked being single for a long time and any "relationship" I've had since have either been one night stands or one night stands that end up lingering for some time. Her on the other hand, has been in several multi-year relationships since. You'll move on man. Feelings come and go. You don't need a relationship or anything, you need someone to just have a great time with, and you'll do just fine for yourself. I don't know...it worked for me. :dunno:

That being said, I'm nearing the end of my twenties and I think I'm ready to settle down. I talked about a girl earlier in this thread, that I think, and I'm channeling my inner Ted Mosby here, could be "the ONE". She's great. Amazing personality, attractive, and someone who keeps me at ease. We met on a weekend retreat, and went on one date. The date went great. Unfortunately, she was away for the last week and a half because of Thanksgiving (her Mother lives in Georgia).

I'm not really sure how to follow up on a second date. I've seriously have been on three or four dates (each one of them ended up being FWB). I'm totally bad at being involved with someone, since I'm usually apprehensive on letting people in, so to say.

Thing is I don't have anyone to fool around with. Anyway, it's not something I think I'm cut out for. I'd rather find someone to be in a relationship with, trouble is I'm having no luck.

My crippling fear of rejection combined with my introverted personality don't help things much.

I've actually sat down, many times, and contemplated the fact that I may be alone for the rest of my life.

So this is why there are mail order brides.

Just try for a sober kiss!

i dont think he'll kiss me sober LOL wait o good gods o no that sounds so bad like i was just trying to be a creep and get him drunk and have my way with him, im gonna be drunk myself! MUCH MORE drunk than he would have been anyway! IM NOT A MONSTER (edit: *notices gmork as avatar and heartily laughs) o gods

Theda, is Alan Rickman your boss? Is this party going to be in an art gallery? If you have a disabled brother don't let him ruin it

Haha I was kinda thinking about that movie when I read her posts. Love that film.

My alarm still works when my phone is on silent. Given it also sends me alerts for various forms of social media I couldn't imagine getting annoyed when someone sends me a text while I'm asleep any more than I am when my friends tag me in facebook stuff while I'm sleeping.

Plus you're in Upside Down Land, so you're more likely to be sleeping while we Rightside Uppers are active.

Ugh...

Poconos girl came back from Georgia. I had asked her if she wanted to get together again, and her reply was: "I've got a lot of things going on the next few days, I do have some stuff I want to talk to you about." I had asked her if everything was okay and her reply was, "Sort of...I had some personal/emotional stuff that I need to be open with you about."

My response was that I would be understanding, and I would hear everything that she need needs to say. I also told her that I would give her as much space and time that she needs if she wanted. She was very pleased with my response (which is genuine btw).

I'm not sure how to feel about this though. Our first, and only, date went well, and even her very good friend had some positive things to say about it. We did become somewhat intimate and she told me that I was the third guy that she's ever been with. (her first boyfriend for a few years, some fucking asshole dickhead that treated her badly, and then me)

I'm thinking the guy before me was the one that has her on the edge. I don't think that there was anything I did to turn her off to me, I'm just not sure if perhaps something happened while she was away.4

Sorry if I'm rambling, I've just never been this caught up with a girl before. Should I prepare for her not wanting to date me anymore? Am I freaking out for no reason? Ugh...I'd rather her just tell me via text, at this point,that she still wants to date or not. If she keep me waiting (which I will) to tell me what she needs to tell me in person....I don't know, I'm a pessimist. (and slightly inebriated)

She's just too amazing to have her fade out of my life is all.

Ugh...

Poconos girl came back from Georgia. I had asked her if she wanted to get together again, and her reply was: "I've got a lot of things going on the next few days, I do have some stuff I want to talk to you about." I had asked her if everything was okay and her reply was, "Sort of...I had some personal/emotional stuff that I need to be open with you about."

My response was that I would be understanding, and I would hear everything that she need needs to say. I also told her that I would give her as much space and time that she needs if she wanted. She was very pleased with my response (which is genuine btw).

I'm not sure how to feel about this though. Our first, and only, date went well, and even her very good friend had some positive things to say about it. We did become somewhat intimate and she told me that I was the third guy that she's ever been with. (her first boyfriend for a few years, some fucking asshole dickhead that treated her badly, and then me)

I'm thinking the guy before me was the one that has her on the edge. I don't think that there was anything I did to turn her off to me, I'm just not sure if perhaps something happened while she was away.4

Sorry if I'm rambling, I've just never been this caught up with a girl before. Should I prepare for her not wanting to date me anymore? Am I freaking out for no reason? Ugh...I'd rather her just tell me via text, at this point,that she still wants to date or not. If she keep me waiting (which I will) to tell me what she needs to tell me in person....I don't know, I'm a pessimist. (and slightly inebriated)

She's just too amazing to have her fade out of my life is all.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but maybe, yeah. Be prepared but not resigned, I guess? It could be something you can work through, and it's great that she wants to be honest with you about whatever it is.

I just want a reliable man with lots of muscle and a huge...equipment. Is that too much to ask??? Apparently so.

There is a 100% Correlation between relaxed.self-confident behavior around this particular interviewer and physical largesse. Others may have varied results.

Edit: have another date with yesterday-man tomo

I just want a reliable man with lots of muscle and a huge...equipment. Is that too much to ask??? Apparently so.

I think the problem chats is that your list of things you want in a man tend to lead towards douchebags.

A large amount of men with large muscles are douches, add in "that are also rich" and the percentage goes up, add in "and have big dicks" and we are probably close to 100% douchebags.

(this post contains strong generalisations)

Archived