Small questions v. 10092

Knight Of Winter

Does Dragonstone have hidden tunnels & compartments? -- And if there were the 5 dragon eggs in Dragonstone, who, if anyone would know about it?

There were supposedly the 5 dragon eggs in Dragonstone, and Loras Tyrell, after he took Dragonstone, supposedly searched every inch of the castle for the dragon eggs. He claimed that they found nothing.

5 eggs? There was never a number specified, was there?

Who is the owner of the iron bank?

I don't believe that has been closed. I would immagine it's modled on the banks of the middle ages. Merchants would have gotten together to form corporations to finance commercial enterprise and they would have been given license and protection to operate from the sovereign in exchange for tax.

Targaryens are not immune to fire. The emphasize is needed, because apparently, it doesn't matter how often GRRM says it, people continue to believe that they are immune..

The birth of Dany's dragons was a magical event. Let that be clear. We don't know exactly why she didn't burn.. but she does get burns from later experiences with fire, showing that Dany too can get hurt by fire.

There have been Targaryens who believed themselves a dragon in human form. It's not that they believed that fire couldn't hurt them, they believed it would change/transform them.. and even those Targaryens are scarce... Aerion, Aerys II...

There are too many Targaryens who either got hurt or died by fire for anyone to still be able to argue that Dany is immune to fire.. or any Targ.. the only reason why people seem to have believed it, is because of he dragons-birth incident..

And perhaps Dany's notion on how she never gets sick, leading people to conclude that Targaryens are immune to sickness as well.. completely ignoring that Dany does get sick later in the book, and that Daeron II, Valarr, Matarys, Jarhaerys II and more Targaryens did die of sickness..

The majority of this misconception comes from the HBO show, where there are various examples of Dany hopping into too hot baths or touching dragon eggs that were on the fire with no effect while her maidens get burnt.

The majority of this misconception comes from the HBO show, where there are various examples of Dany hopping into too hot baths or touching dragon eggs that were on the fire with no effect while her maidens get burnt.

That was before the birth of the dragons. I think it was the magic from the eggs who made her immune. Now that the dragons are born she is not immune anymore.

From Storm 63 :

"Your Grace." Davos stepped forward. "Lady Melisandre saw it true. Your nephew Joffrey is dead."

If the king was surprised to find him at the Painted Table, he gave no sign. "Lord Davos," he said. "He was not my nephew. Though for years I believed he was."

"He choked on a morsel of food at his wedding feast," Davos said. "It may be that he was poisoned."

"He is the third," said Melisandre.

"I can count, woman." Stannis walked along the table, past Oldtown and the Arbor, up toward the Shield Islands and the mouth of the Mander. "Weddings have become more perilous than battles, it would seem. Who was the poisoner? Is it known?"

"His uncle, it's said. The Imp."

Stannis ground his teeth. "A dangerous man. I learned that on the Blackwater. How do you come by this report?"

"The Lyseni still trade at King's Landing. Salladhor Saan has no reason to lie to me."

Well Catelyn said that one of the Waynwood's or Corbay's would be next in line as Jon is a bastard (not considering Robb's will in this instance) and Ned's siblings didn't have any children (that can be proven at the moment). Ned's dad Rickard didn't have any sibling's either but Ned's grandfather had a sister who married a younger son lower branch Royces. They had 3 daughters who married into Vale houses.

“Your father’s father had no siblings, but his father had a sister who married a younger son of Lord Raymar Royce, of the junior branch. They had three daughters, all of whom wed Vale lordlings. A Waynwood and a Corbray, for certain. The youngest ... it might have been a Templeton, but . . . “

Not that the Northmen would ever except this.

If all the Stark childrens had died , who would inheriated Winterfell?

Karstarks? Descendants of Stark

Tully?

Jon Snow?

That would have been, it a scenario where there was peace and all Starks had died of natural causes/accidents, been up to the crown.

In the current story, Winterfell, according to the IT, no longer belongs to House Stark, but to House Bolton.

During war, the seat goes to the victor, or to whoever the victor wants to give the seat.

If all the Stark childrens had died , who would inheriated Winterfell?

Karstarks? Descendants of Stark

Tully?

Jon Snow?

As Rhaenys said above it would be put to the Crown to adjudicate.

Those Vale Houses who are descendant from Edwyle's sister would petition that they each have the superior claim and others could also petition the Crown why they should be awarded it.

The Karstark's have no better claim on it than any other House which may have Stark blood. There are possibly other Houses which have better (more recent) blood-ties. The Vale Houses have prominence followed by any possible descendants of Artos Stark but any of those would have to petition the Crown.

This is what is happening with the Rosby inheritance, those who feel they have a claim on it have approached the Court.

Also we see it with the Hornwood inheritance, it is put before Winterfell to adjudicate on the possible claimants.

And the Crown can decide to deny them all and simply give it as a reward to someone for service rendered as what has happened when House Bolton were granted it.

But what if Ned appoints Greatjon for example as heir , would that count, will Greatjon become the true heir?

I suppose if no-one objected and no-one pushed a claim there should be no reason why that would not stand but as we have seen time and time again, a Will is not worth the paper it is written on.

Generally when there is such a succession crisis there is bloodshed, it may be small or it may be widespread but rarely does it go uncontested.

Archived