Small questions v. 10092

Knight Of Winter

Bump b/c of new page immediately after posting.

Can't say with 100% certainty, but I almost sure that not. Keep in mind that stars are mostly named for ancient, legendary or mythological stuff (e.g. ice dragon is one of constellations), while KL is only 300 years old and neither of these. And Red Keep is even younger than that.

Can't say with 100% certainty, but I almost sure that not. Keep in mind that stars are mostly named for ancient, legendary or mythological stuff (e.g. ice dragon is one of constellations), while KL is only 300 years old and neither of these. And Red Keep is even younger than that.

I meant the other way. As in, the red keep was referred to as the star of the kingdom, or anything like that. Was just a passing thought.

Question about the geography of islands in general.

With Pyke, it's said that there's only one dock that needs to be used to get onto land to head up to the castle. Would it not be possible for ships to simply land troops on the opposite side of the coast? -- What of the Arbor? Greenstone...? Or couldn't they send rowboats?

Nope, sorry :)

House Willum is a tribute to the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series, written by Tad Williams, the first part of which is called the Dragonbone Chair. There are three books in the series, which is probably reflected in the three silver swords.

During the Dance, no Willum is mentioned to have been part of any dragonslaying..

Oh ok thank you :)

Dragon skeleton seems fishy tho... Maybe one of those that survived the Dance. Maybe Silverwing, who was in the Reach at Red Lake. Fits with the silver sigil. Or Morning Light.

Is Jojen a greenseer? Does Theon have the greensight?

Jojen has the "greensight" and it would make sense for a person who has the greensight be called a "greenseer" but not so.

He has what are called "greendreams" so I suppose it would be more logical to call him a "greendreamer"

Jojen has the "greensight" and it would make sense for a person who has the greensight be called a "greenseer" but not so.

He has what are called "greendreams" so I suppose it would be more logical to call him a "greendreamer"

IIRC, greenseers are those wise men of the Children, who had the greensight.

Does it say somewhere that magister illyrio doesn't travel by sea? Can he get to kings landing in a wagon?

Why wouldn't he be able to board a ship?

When delivering Tyrion to Griff's group, he states that he'll see them in Westeros, I recall..

IIRC, greenseers are those wise men of the Children, who had the greensight.

Yes thats true but Jojen has the greensight but cannot skinchange or use the WWW so he is not a greenseer.

Those of the Singers who have the sight and can skinchange and use the trees are called greenseers.

I suppose if there are Singers who have greendreams but cannot skinchange are not of the upper echelons of their mages/shamans/wisemen etc.

I guess it is a case of two levels of the Talent, prophetic dreaming only and prophetic dreaming with the ability to skinchange.

And we've seen Illyrio with Varys in the dungeons of the Red Keep in AGOT[/quote

That was the scene that got me thinking I'd heard something about him not traveling much. I find that whole scene fishy. I suspect that room is important to something. Was just considering it being like a magical webcam sort of thing. But maybe him being in KL isn't that weird.

No, see RumHam's post above.

Archived