Small questions v. 10092

Knight Of Winter

Why was Aemond Targaryen Prince regent during the Dance of the dragons?

After the fight against Rhaenys and Meleys, Aegon was gravely hurt, and was given milk of the poppy on a regular basis. He was unable to get out of bed, and unable to rule..I think it was stated he mostly slept (that would be due to the milk of the poppy). The realm was at war and needed a ruler, so Aemond took the job.

He could reach Summer whenever he wanted, and one he had even touched Ghost, and talked to Jon. Though maybe he had only dreamed that.

This comes from a Bran chapter towards the end of Clash. In one of Jons previous chapters he thinks he hears the weirwood beyond the wall saying his name and thinking the face looks like Bran, but no mention of Ghost being part of this interaction. Was this a separate incident? Did Bran confuse warging Ghost with weirwood? If so what was the point of the paste???

Are Gyles Belgrave, mentioned as a treasonous member of the kingsguard in the Worldbook, and Gyles Greycloak, another kingsguard member mentioned by Jaime as a turncloak, the same person?

Could be.. we have too little information on Gyles to know for sure.. Gyles was a KG of Aegon II, and it seems he joined the KG to replace one of the seven who had served up until the death of Viserys I. Would he count as a turncloak if he had only sworn his vows to Aegon II?

We can't say, but it is possible, yes..

Another question about heirs. How is the line of sucession to Casterly?

I guess it would be like this: ( i know some of these are dead)

1. Tyrion

2. Cersei

3. Joffrey

4. Tommen

5. Myrcella

6. Kevan

7. Lancel

8. Willem

9. Martyn

10. Janei

11. Tyrek

12. Genna

Am i totalt wrong here?

Another question about heirs. How is the line of sucession to Casterly?

I guess it would be like this: ( i know some of these are dead)

1. Tyrion

2. Cersei

3. Joffrey

4. Tommen

5. Myrcella

6. Kevan

7. Lancel

8. Willem

9. Martyn

10. Janei

11. Tyrek

12. Genna

Am i totalt wrong here?

Legally, Tyrion would be the heir.. However, Tywin had no intention of letting him inherit, and probably had disinherited Tyrion..

But indeed, a daughter comes before an uncle..

Legally, Tyrion would be the heir.. However, Tywin had no intention of letting him inherit, and probably had disinherited Tyrion..

But indeed, a daughter comes before an uncle..

Was actually Joffrey in the line? He dont have the Lannister name i dont know if that counts.

Was actually Joffrey in the line? He dont have the Lannister name i dont know if that counts.

What matters is that he has a Lannister mother, and thus "inherits" all her heirships based on her birthright.

In most likely scenario (Tyrion is forbidden from interhiting by Tywin and Joffrey remains king), I can easily imagine CR going to next in line - Tommen.

Cersei was the legal lady of the Rock during Dance (because, if Tywin not wanting Tyrion to inherit wasn't enough, Tyrion's kinslaying got him completely out of the line of succession), and Cersei's first heir was Joffrey.. so yeah, Joffrey could have inherited CR.. Though he could also have chosen to give the seat to Tommen instead, or his own, second born, child...

At the moment Tommen is considered the heir to Cersei, Lady of Casterly Rock.

He is also the Lord of Storms End and Lord of Dragonstone.

If he were to live long and prosper he could bestow those three lordships to any of his children or his sister or her children.

It is generally accepted that any surplus titles will be passed on to younger sons and not subsumed into the main line by the eldest son inheriting them all. So Tommen's son who would be king probably would only truly inherit the Crown.

But it is a moot point as it is expected that he will not have any heirs to pass them on to.

At the moment the Lannister line of succession stands so:

Cersei

Tommen

Myrcella

Martyn

Tyrek (if found)

Janei

Genna

Her children

I have removed Jaime and Lancel for their vows and Tyrion for his crimes etc.

That list can change at any moment with births or deaths.

Females lines can also be passed over depending on what males are around to do depose them.

Not being born with the Lannister a Name is not an issue as any accepted heir can simply take on the Lannister Name as has happened when Ser Joffrey Lydden married the Lannister heiress and he was made King of the Rock and took his wife's name.

This comes from a Bran chapter towards the end of Clash. In one of Jons previous chapters he thinks he hears the weirwood beyond the wall saying his name and thinking the face looks like Bran, but no mention of Ghost being part of this interaction. Was this a separate incident? Did Bran confuse warging Ghost with weirwood? If so what was the point of the paste???

It's one of the trippiest passages in the tale...

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/113297-some-questions-about-jon-and-brans-hookup-on-the-weirnet/

Another one, House Willum in the Reach has a dragon skeleton on their sigil. Any idea which dragon?

I'm guessing they slayed one sometime, probably during the Dance. Thanks.

Nope, sorry :)

House Willum is a tribute to the Memory, Sorrow and Thorn series, written by Tad Williams, the first part of which is called the Dragonbone Chair. There are three books in the series, which is probably reflected in the three silver swords.

During the Dance, no Willum is mentioned to have been part of any dragonslaying..

Archived