Small questions v. 10092

Knight Of Winter

Cressen indicates that he came to Dragonstone with Stannis "some 12 years past" in early 299 AC, placing Stannis taking up Dragonstone as his seat in 287 AC, or something close ("some" usually seems to indicate "roughly").

Renly will have had a castellan, a sort of regent, until his 16th birthday. But yeah, once Stannis got Dragonstone, Storm's End would have gone to Renly.

Naturally, until somewhat halfway through 284 AC, Dragonstone still belonged to the Targaryens, and I assume that it took quite some time before the castle was seen as "fit" to be given to someone else.. Searchin for hidden stuff and such..

It could be that Robert's gift of SE to Renly was for life rather than to him and his heirs in perpetuity. Same goes for DS and Stannis.

...But they were all dead now, even Arya, everyone but her half-brother, Jon. Some nights she heard talk of him, in the taverns and brothels of the Ragman's Harbor. The Black Bastard of the wall, one man had called him. Even Jon would never know Blind Beth, i bet. That made her sad.

Why would braavosi talk in the taverns and brothels of the Ragman's Harbor. about the The Black Bastard of the wall ? And not just once but some nights ?

Cause it's a port and Jon is THE protagonist.

I am really curious about Rolly Duckfield, is there any possibility of him being Euron? His phisical descrpition seems nothing like him, but, who knows... Since Victarion went to Danearys seems like a good plan. I actually am trying to wonder where the hell is Euron, it doesnt seem he is Daario for me, i really think he will show up as someone really unexpected...

I am really curious about Rolly Duckfield, is there any possibility of him being Euron? His phisical descrpition seems nothing like him, but, who knows... Since Victarion went to Danearys seems like a good plan. I actually am trying to wonder where the hell is Euron, it doesnt seem he is Daario for me, i really think he will show up as someone really unexpected...

Why wouldn't Euron be right where he's expected to be among his people? I think they'd notice if their king disappeared for months on end.

Why wouldn't Euron be right where he's expected to be among his people? I think they'd notice if their king disappeared for months on end.

Sure, you are right, but he is known for his unpredictable temperament and long disapearances. And also is quite persuasive. Its strange to let everything to the brother that hates you.

Sure, you are right, but he is known for his unpredictable temperament and long disapearances. And also is quite persuasive. Its strange to let everything to the brother that hates you.

You are right it is strange. One possible explanation is that Euron "bound the horn with blood" already so he is it's master regardless of who blows it or how far away they are from Euron. If that is the case than his plans are about to be messed up by Moqorro helping Victarion claim the horn.

My preferred explanation for Euron giving Victarion the horn is that the horn may bind a dragon to a family's bloodline, rather than the specific person who blows it or has claimed it. This Euron sending his brother would make perfect sense. It's also consistent with what we know about the Valyrian families practicing incest to keep their blood pure for the purposes of maintaining control of their dragons.

Is there any way to tell which marriage in the family trees of the World Book was the first marriage, which the second, (and which the third, if there was a third?)

Your much better at family trees than me, I am not that interested in them, so maybe you can see examples of this that don't fit, however Visenya is on the left and Rhaenys on the right, same with Aemma Arryn and Alicent Hightower. This seems to suggest the first wife go's on the left and the next on the right.

This would also be keeping with the first born child being placed on the left.

Your much better at family trees than me, I am not that interested in them, so maybe you can see examples of this that don't fit, however Visenya is on the left and Rhaenys on the right, same with Aemma Arryn and Alicent Hightower. This seems to suggest the first wife go's on the left and the next on the right.

This would also be keeping with the first born child being placed on the left.

Generally it seems that the family tree is put together primarily so that it fits together and is readable. Rhaenyra is to Daemon's left, despite being his third wife, whereas Rhea Royce and Laena Velaryon are to Daemon's right. Both of Rhaenyra's husbands are to her right, but the rightmost one is Laenor her first husband rather than Daemon her second. Both of Aegon III's wives are to his right, but Jaehaera is further to the right than Daenaera.

The main pattern with how spouses are arranged is just what best fits on the tree. The same happens when children are displayed out of order of birth (Aegon III's and Viserys II's children, for example)

Generally it seems that the family tree is put together primarily so that it fits together and is readable. Rhaenyra is to Daemon's left, despite being his third wife, whereas Rhea Royce and Laena Velaryon are to Daemon's right. Both of Rhaenyra's husbands are to her right, but the rightmost one is Laenor her first husband rather than Daemon her second. Both of Aegon III's wives are to his right, but Jaehaera is further to the right than Daenaera.

The main pattern with how spouses are arranged is just what best fits on the tree. The same happens when children are displayed out of order of birth (Aegon III's and Viserys II's children, for example)

Indeed, there are a few examples wheree such patterns dont fit..

So basically, there is no way to tell... Too bad..

Do we know for sure that Martels siblings mother was Rhaella's lady in waiting? I mean, that was a theory behind her and Joanna's friendship and now I am trying to figure out if it's canon or just fans theory?

I am asking because of TWOAIF's facts about Joanna, yes, but I suppose this question can be posted here.

Do we know for sure that Martels siblings mother was Rhaella's lady in waiting? I mean, that was a theory behind her and Joanna's friendship and now I am trying to figure out if it's canon or just fans theory?

I am asking because of TWOAIF's facts about Joanna, yes, but I suppose this question can be posted here.

It is mentioned in one of the conversations between Oberyn and Tyrion in Storm. ;)

Archived