Michael Brown Shooting Cont

Relic

And its outside the realm of possibility that Wilson chose to shoot Brown for an illogical reason, maybe simply because he was angry and his blood up after the scuffle at his vehicle? In my opinion, if Wilson knows that backup is a very short time away, then he has no logical reason to shoot Brown, unless Brown is literally within arms' reach of Wilson. All he has to do is stay out of Brown's reach until backup gets there.

Stay out of his reach? That's comical! What's he supposed to do, keep backing away as Brown advances? Your switching the roles of authority or completely disregarding them. It's Wilson's job to stop Brown and at that point arrest him. If Brown doesn't comply, Wilson has to take some action. If Wilson feels that Browns advancement is going to lead to another confrontation, he may have felt that he has to shoot. Of course, the issue of whether it was the right action is up for debate and being weighed by the grand jury

Stay out of his reach? That's comical! What's he supposed to do, keep backing away as Brown advances? Your switching the roles of authority or completely disregarding them. It's Wilson's job to stop Brown and at that point arrest him. If Brown doesn't comply, Wilson has to take some action. If Wilson feels that Browns advancement is going to lead to another confrontation, he may have felt that he has to shoot. Of course, the issue of whether it was the right action is up for debate and being weighed by the grand jury

Considering I've seen cops do that very thing? Yes. I've also seen 100 pound 5ft tall RCMP officers take on people twice their size and weight. So why couldn't Darren Wilson, who based on the pictures I've seen is a pretty big guy himself, do the same thing? We keep hearing about how Brown 6'4 and 300 pounds, but for some reason no one brings up Wilson's height? Why is that? Presumably we're supposed to assume that Wilson is average height and there was some huge size discrepancy.

Yes that's what he absolutely should have done. Or pulled out his Tazer instead of choosing a lethal course of action.

So what, police officers are trained in the Eric Cartman rules of engagement? Respect mah authoritay or else I'll shoot you? That's absurd. The fact is that officers are supposed to be trained to use the least amount of force possible to subdue a suspect. Wilson went right for the most amount of force in a situation where he just had to wait for backup to arrive.

If we are going by what Wilson has said, then he did exactly what he was trained to do.

If we are going by what Wilson has said, then he did exactly what he was trained to do.

It seems a bit worrisome when your police seems to be trained to put themselves in danger for no reason at all, kill one of the people they are supposed to serve when they feel it is necessary, and then ignore all proper procedures for reporting the incident.

It seems prudent to change police training a lot when that is the case.

I'm curious as to how so many people claim to know what Darren Wilson said or did when the guy wasn't even required to fill out an incident report for this incident that involved him shooting a man to death. What he said or what he said he did is not available to the public. We have the police department's word on what he said happened and anyone who has read about that same departments actions in the months/years before the death combined with watching how that same department acted after the death, well, anyone who is sane and intelligent would take their word with a grain of salt.

I was actually wondering if they would wait for some occasion where protests/riots would be more difficult, like in pouring rain or a super cold day. Today is pretty cold, but probably not enough to make a big difference.

Darwin Award nominee right here:

The St. Louis Metropolitan Police Department said the shooting occurred Friday night in the city's downtown area. Sources briefed on the investigation told CNN that a police report identified the victim as 26-year-old Becca Campbell.

The sources told CNN that the victim was involved in a car accident. Campbell's 33-year-old boyfriend, who was not identified, was driving the car and told investigators that Campbell began waving a gun around and joking that the couple were ready for Ferguson, the sources said.

The boyfriend said he rear-ended another car while ducking to avoid the gun, which then discharged and struck Campbell in the head, the sources said. The victim later died at a hospital.

The boyfriend told police that the couple purchased the gun because they feared unrest that may arise from a grand jury decision in the fatal shooting of unarmed black teen Michael Brown by a white police officer, the sources said.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ferguson-woman-kills-self-gun-accident

Based on all the leaks, I consider it pretty much a foregone conclusion that the grand jury is not going to issue any indictments.

St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Richard McCulloch has already said if there is no indictment, he's going to try to publicly release all evidence in the case. I hope that is the case, and I hope that all of the evidence is released for the public, because whatever the outcome, the "procedural irregularities" in the handling of this case by both the Ferguson PD and St. Louis County Prosecutor's office will leave a cloud of doubt and suspicion hanging over the result.

Archived