The Thread Thread

Weeping Sore

We really need to kick this thread into overdrive in preparation for the Thread Thread Thread.

You know, where we all share our thoughts, rambling musings and fond remembrances of the Thread Thread.

"Whatever happened to the Thread Thread?" someone will ask. Enveloped in the warm, moist haze of tender recollection, we will laugh, and debate, and rage, and constantly reference oblique inside jokes, change member titles and user names, and raise little emoticon toasts to that golden age, that one beautiful moment in time when we were all so filled with vibrant energy, and it seemed anything was possible.

Anything at all...

What sort of a bastard would do that?

I can only imagine that there are regular secret mod lotteries to determine who will temporarily win the sick privilege of stifling my genius here on the board.

I can only imagine that there are regular secret mod lotteries to determine who will temporarily win the sick privilege of stifling my genius here on the board.

You have no idea.

Damn Auto-correct!

I also seem to remember an infamous thread discussing someone's son who was sniffing his mother's underpants...? I think. :idea:

Man, those were the days. :ack:

:lol: Oh man, I had forgotten about that guy. That was great.

I also seem to remember an infamous thread discussing someone's son who was sniffing his mother's underpants...? I think. :idea:

Grandson. Sniffing his daughter-in-law's underwear.

Facts - they are important.

Thread...I prefer using DMC for my needlework. Two strands for basic work, 3 strands for tshirts and 4 strands for sweat shirts.

I hope this clears up any thread questions everyone has.

Oh dear, the upstairs neighbors sound like they are throwing bodies around. Perhaps I should use some thread to truss them with until morning.

What about a thread on icon painting?

I'd like to do it for a living. I know that in the great vastity of the forum SI many people could exchange suggestions. Techniques and what else.

I've always wanted to start my own vanity thread. I guess I just don't have the hubris.

Also, my biggest fear is that I won't like it. I know myself, I can be very picky.

You started one on ice cream! How hard can it be?

I want a pizza thread :lol:

I read an article this morning about heterosexual civil partnerships. In the UK, long-term, co-habiting couples get no legal benefits. This is something quite relevant to me, as, although my parents were together for 18 years (more's the pity), when my dad died, he was classed as single, and my mum received no government support.

Keen to hear what you fine people think. A lot of the comments on the article are saying "why not just get married?!", but I feel they are missing the point. And I didn't know the father's name goes on the marriage certificate. What's the bloody point in that? Mine's long dead, and I wouldn't want his name on it anyway.

Article: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/02/couple-challenge-ban-heterosexual-civil-partnerships?CMP=fb_gu

Archived