The Thread Thread

Weeping Sore

I read an article this morning about heterosexual civil partnerships. In the UK, long-term, co-habiting couples get no legal benefits. This is something quite relevant to me, as, although my parents were together for 18 years (more's the pity), when my dad died, he was classed as single, and my mum received no government support.

Keen to hear what you fine people think. A lot of the comments on the article are saying "why not just get married?!", but I feel they are missing the point. And I didn't know the father's name goes on the marriage certificate. What's the bloody point in that? Mine's long dead, and I wouldn't want his name on it anyway.

Article: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/dec/02/couple-challenge-ban-heterosexual-civil-partnerships?CMP=fb_gu

That's a topic worthy of its own thread.

The Inverse Relationship between Age and Emoji Use:

Is it true that the older the boarder, the less frequently they use emojis? Or if the cockles of one's heart are not warmed by the "group hug" emoji, does it mean you are simply dead inside? And what emoji to use when someone tells you their father is long dead but the relationship clearly had been problematic?

I propose an appreciation thread for Nym :grouphug:

Hmmm.... not a bad idea!

Oh you guys honour me :blushing:

Drac, that is a legit person. It came up when I was studying equity and trusts/land law, there are very little rights as far cohabiting couples are concerned when it comes to property rights IIRC. And it is becoming ever more common, I knew a guy whose parents never married but they were a proper family and everything.

--

I'm 20 and I love emoticons. There are people in TTTNE who are much older than I am (with all respect guys :) ) who also use emoticons. And there are people younger who probably don't. I don't think there really is a relationship.

You can never go wrong with hugs, whatever the situation. Everyone's circumstances are different, some people are emotional, some are not. To each their own :)

Honestly, it has more to do with using Explorer, where you can no longer quote or open and use the emo list.

Then you can only use the emos you've memorized how to use with the keyboard. :) :( :O :p

Wait. Is explorer keeping me from using the quote function? Huh. Learn something new every day.

Boarders Risk Everything by leaving the Thread Thread's Protection

It's a cold, harsh world out there in GenChat. Everytime you post a real OP, you risk the board's indifference. Why not stay here where it's safe? Momma's gonna keep baby cozy and warm...

It's a cold, harsh world out there in GenChat. Everytime you post a real OP, you risk the board's indifference. Why not stay here where it's safe? Momma's gonna keep baby cozy and warm...

You're right, I'm scared.

:agree: you risk also thrashing is the thread is trivial, or long trodded upon or too stupid...beware! beware!

I found my home here ..cozy..warm..funny

Some People Are Still Not Posting in the form of an OP on the Thread Thread!

I'm not afraid of posting a new thread in GenChat, but why look outward, when you can burrow into recursive layers of meta. Originally I didn't want to refer to anything outside of GenChat, but soon there will be enough references to make within the Thread Thread, that we won't need the outer board at all!

The Usefulness and Uselessness of Meta-Threads. Discuss.

Honestly, it has more to do with using Explorer, where you can no longer quote or open and use the emo list.

Then you can only use the emos you've memorized how to use with the keyboard. :) :( :o :P

You need to learn to type more of them. :grouphug: :idea: :thumbsup: :agree: :cheers: :P

A metathread discussing other threads. For instance, how to recognize a troll thread, what is the line between troll and crackpot.

historical thread, political, social threads.

With exemples of the most significant threads in each category

The Inverse Relationship between Age and Emoji Use:

Is it true that the older the boarder, the less frequently they use emojis? Or if the cockles of one's heart are not warmed by the "group hug" emoji, does it mean you are simply dead inside? And what emoji to use when someone tells you their father is long dead but the relationship clearly had been problematic?

Clearly, you would use this: :unsure:

Then you can only use the emos you've memorized how to use with the keyboard. :) :( :o :P

Wait. Is explorer keeping me from using the quote function? Huh. Learn something new every day.

Hey grasshoppers, you can use quotes and emojis (what happened to emoticon?) if you toggle the icon all the way to the left of the "font" icon at the top of the posting box. I would explain what that does, but I'm an old fart and don't understand this new-fangled computer business. :cool4:

Some People Are Still Not Posting in the form of an OP on the Thread Thread!

I'm not afraid of posting a new thread in GenChat, but why look outward, when you can burrow into recursive layers of meta. Originally I didn't want to refer to anything outside of GenChat, but soon there will be enough references to make within the Thread Thread, that we won't need the outer board at all!

:commie:

Archived