Football XXXVII - Brad'four'd march on

Zoë Sumra

Surprised to hear Schurrle is let go. I definietly don't think Cuadrado is an improvement over Willian, rather the other way arouNd.

Interesting, having watched both I really can't think of much Willian does better, Cuadrado is easily the better player in the final third though.

I think Willian is a great for Chelsea and one of the players who makes it gel.

Hugely capable offensive midfielder. I don't see why a manager would want to replace him ( if Cuadrado is indeed bought to take his place, or just for squad filler).

Cuadrado's fairly obviously better than Willian, who I recall having a good offensive game for Chelsea precisely once. He does work hard and fill Mourinho's need for attacking players who hassle and harry, but from what I've seen of him Cuadrado works just as hard, and he's much more talented.

Haven't heard a set of fans complaining about the ref as much as that lot. It's tiresome.

Maybe it's because their manager does his best in his public appearances to perpetuate this delusion.

I actually really like that Mourinho does that - but I think Costa's ban was probably deserved (I haven't watched the clip more than once, but I've seen the stills) and we (fans) ought to shut up about it.

Hope they hold on to De Bruyne in the summer cause he is so good

De Bruyne is such an odd player. Sometimes he can look like the best playmaker in the world, but then he'll do something a tiny bit wrong or a trick will fail and he'll just crumble entirely mentally. I haven't seen him enough this season to know if it's as much the case at Wolfsburg, but I could certainly see why Mourinho didn't trust him.

But anyway, good result for them.

Why do Chelsea and City and Leverkusen v Dortmund have to kick off at the same time tomorrow? And Real vs Moyes' Sociedad is at three, so the same time as our game, so I won't be watching that either. Blah.

This from Chelsea's official website, previewing the game against City. Is that site run by a 14 year old? If anyone wants to read it, here's the link

It is quite instructive to see how selectively the media hue-and-cry builds up around incidents such as those during our thrilling semi-final victory over Liverpool. That is especially the case when the current furore is compared to the low-key handling, last February, of Toure kicking out at Norwich’s Ricky van Wolfswinkel, unseen by officials, or Sergio Aguero’s two-footed studs-up jump onto David Luiz’s thigh in our FA Cup semi-final the season before.

City need to do the world a favour and beat Chelsea today.

Ideal scenario is being 2 up in the 88th minute, Pellegrini shaking Mourinho's hand early and walking down the tunnel

What a game. South Korea hadn't conceded all tournament. We score in the 43rd minute - absolute cracker. They dominate the 2nd half, score in the 92nd minute! :( Extra time. Then we get a blatant penalty call, turned down. We score in the 14th minute from a terrible bit of play, then hold on. Outstanding. Especially given the refereeing all game.

Doesn't make up for losing to Japan 4 years ago, but so sweet to have a major trophy and passage to the confederation cup.

Yep that ref deserved the booing as he went to the podium he was watching a different game on another planet tonight. Robbie Kruse poor bastard busted his achilles by the look of it and the ref tells him to get up and then cards him for time wasting. Also I dont think Massimo Luongo will be at Swindon for much longer after being named player of the tournament!

Archived