RIP Leonard Nimoy

Greywolf2375

I've been having a hell of a time doing anything on this site the last few days. It's very sad to hear of Leonard's passing.

Within an hour of getting the news I watched an episode from the OS(The Enterprise Incident). Sure those old eps are dated but they never fail to put a smile on my face. RIP LN.

Damn, I hate to think about it, but when we lose Shatner I'll probably have to take time from work. :frown5:

Something I always loved was In Search Of...reruns of that show every afternoon in college...

Yes - that was how I was introduced to the mystery of Amelia Earhart, Easter Island...so many other investigations.

Shatner made a mistake. You call up some other A-lister SciFi type (or not in genre if you must), even one you don't know, and you get them to cover for you. Fans at the Red Cross will understand.

There are a LOT of top names in Hollywood who would jump in "so that Bill Shatner could go to Leonard Nimoy's funeral".

I don't think we should judge a guy that after however many decades didn't want to go to his friends funeral. My grandparents, after having watched so many friends die of old age, were the same. Funerals are for those left behind, not the dead. That times needs to be tallied up on this side of the ledger.

(plus the notorious Ballad of Bilbo Baggins

Notoriously awesome. Bravest little Hobbit of them all!

I was just drinking some cheap bourbon waiting for the DVR to catch the first ten minutes of Better Call Saul, but after I opened up this thread I figured the hero of Vulcan deserved the best damn whisky in the house. Glenfiddich Solera Reserve, in the good glassware. RIP.

Notoriously awesome. Bravest little Hobbit of them all!

I was just drinking some cheap bourbon waiting for the DVR to catch the first ten minutes of Better Call Saul, but after I opened up this thread I figured the hero of Vulcan deserved the best damn whisky in the house. Glenfiddich Solera Reserve, in the good glassware. RIP.

Good man

star trek was a big thing i shared with my father.

the other night on the phone we both talked about how much nimoy would be missed and how spock was the best character on the show.

no matter how rebellious i became my dad and i could always come around on and agree was star trek...and dodgers baseball.

nimoy was a huge part of my childhood. as my childhood icons perish i get a greater sense of my own mortality.

I don't think we should judge a guy that after however many decades didn't want to go to his friends funeral. My grandparents, after having watched so many friends die of old age, were the same. Funerals are for those left behind, not the dead. That times needs to be tallied up on this side of the ledger.

Disagree strongly. With the history of their relationship, both good and bad, the normal rules don't apply. He needed to be there. This is a burden of celebrity. This inherently changed the story from "Goodbye Leonard" to "Where's William?". Ham handed of him.

Someone else somewhere else put it well: Remember.

Disagree strongly. With the history of their relationship, both good and bad, the normal rules don't apply. He needed to be there. This is a burden of celebrity. This inherently changed the story from "Goodbye Leonard" to "Where's William?". Ham handed of him.

You're being rude and ridiculous. It's not your place to judge.

A fun interview with the two of them: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_cLIZl6IuY

You are wrong.

The stories over the years of Shatner and Nimoy's pettiness to each other are well known. This was a chance to put them to rest and Bill blew it.

Nothing wrong AT ALL with calling a cat a cat.

Archived