Breastplate stretcher

Shane snow

I have no idea what this thread is about

Lancel and Tyrek Lannister were squires of King Robert. In "A Game of Thrones" book Robert wanted to participate in the tourney of the Hand. He got fat and couldn't use his armor,it didn't fit, so he sent Lancel and Tyrek to Aron Santagar (master-at-arms of the Red Keep) to find a breastplate stretcher to stretch his armor.

When the boys left, Robert and Ned started to laught, coz there is no thing as breastplate stretcher.

I think I know what the delay is: he went to Ser Aron Santagar, and the master of arms said it was sent to the White Sword Tower. When he went to the White Sword Tower, the duty guard directed him to the main guard of the Red Keep, who directed him to the under-gaoler who explained that, if he needed the King's breastplate stretcher, he would need to go to the city watch and ask Ser Jacelyn for the weight for the breastplate stretcher.

After a time, Ser Jacelyn would tell Lancel to tell Rugen he only had the shortest weight. When he returns the under-gaoler sends him out to each gate of the city in turn to ask the guards if they can give him a weight that is long enough for King Robert's Breastplate stretcher. They all send him back to explain that none of them can give him the weight he needs. Finally, he is sent back to Ser Aron, who remembers that the King has the long weight already, if Lancel could just get it off him. But when Lancel explains his errand to the Kingsguard on duty, the King is not available to see him. After an interminable period of time, King Robert sends him in and asks "Was that long enough"?

Lancel and Tyrek Lannister were squires of King Robert. In "A Game of Thrones" book Robert wanted to participate in the tourney of the Hand. He got fat and couldn't use his armor,it didn't fit, so he sent Lancel and Tyrek to Aron Santagar (master-at-arms of the Red Keep) to find a breastplate stretcher to stretch his armor.

When the boys left, Robert and Ned started to laught, coz there is no thing as breastplate stretcher.

Very good synopsis. I was riveted.

Archived