Legend of Conan

Rhom

The Legend of Conan will be a direct sequel to Conan the Barbarian.

It would appear that the Ahnold will be turning his attention from Terminator to Conan soon. The article promises an awful lot that I just don't know if we will see from a wide release film. The tone of blockbusters today is much different than it was 30 years ago, and the themes they talk about are typically the kiss of death for big studio films these days. Parents in the 80's just didn't care about what we watched. (Seriously mom... how did you let me watch Conan and Robocop with nary a whiff of parental guidance?!!?)

Either way, I'll be up for seeing this.

Our tone is a logical extension of the character established in the 82 filmbut 30 years later. When we meet him again, Conan has been many things over the course of his life a thief, a warrior, a pirate, a king, a legend and is now an older man. Think Unforgivenwith a sword-wielding barbarian.

So it's Red Country. Cool. :thumbsup:

Wasn't this a similar concept to "king conan" from several years ago? Until they went the Khal Drogo route instead?

I'd be all for an old arnie sequel though.

Is Paul Verhoeven definitely directing (that's what google search says)? His old school action films were good so if he could tap back into that, then there's promise.

Wasn't this a similar concept to "king conan" from several years ago? Until they went the Khal Drogo route instead?

I'd be all for an old arnie sequel though.

Is Paul Verhoeven definitely directing (that's what google search says)? His old school action films were good so if he could tap back into that, then there's promise.

I believe that's the plan. As I say, I'm in... but I really find it hard to believe they'll go the full on blood and gore and generally politically incorrect route.

For that is best in life.

Except for a good MLT, mutton lettuce and tomato sandwich, when the mutton is sliced so thin.... mmm... tasty.

Archived