Trailer thread

Veltigar

Amen... I sincerely don't remember when any actor impressed me as Michael Fassbender in the past several years. One of those actors, whose tormented face isn't sign of constipation. Somewhere in my mind, he has always been the perfect Rhaegar...

Words cannot express how hard I agree with you here. While we're at it, I want Tom Hardy to play young Bobby B. Now that would be a fight I would happy pay to see on screen :D

Although, I would like to know ASAP how will Weinstein solve Blanchett,Mara,Cotillard award season conundrum. I would like Blanchett for the lead, Cotillard for supporting. Now that would be a glorious year for Oscars.

The Academy will find a way to ruin it. Most worthy performances weren't even nominated last year. No Scarlett Johanson in under the Skin (deserved to win), no Brendan Gleeson in Calvary (deserved to win), no Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler (deserved a nomination), no Jack O'Conner in Starred up (deserved a nomination), no Oscar Isaac for A Most Violent Year (deserved a nomination), no Tom Hardy for Locke (deserved a nomination).

And that are just the leads who got snubbed. In support we have Ben Mendehlson for Starred Up (deserved a nom) and Michael Fassbender in Frank (deserved a nom). Luckily, Simmons won it, otherwise I would have been really pissed. With the women, I say Maggie Gyllenhaal in Frank (nomination), Jessica Chastain in A Most Violent Year (nomination) and Emily Blunt for Edge of Tommorow (Despite EoT being a blockbuster, I think she was really deserving of a win here). The nominations for Arquette and Stone were appropriate.

Words cannot express how hard I agree with you here. While we're at it, I want Tom Hardy to play young Bobby B. Now that would be a fight I would happy pay to see on screen :D

LOL, yeah... I will be having nergasm the moment I see Fassbender in Assassin Creed movie. Interestingly enough, I have the British trio of actors in my mind (somehow for me, they came together) - Fassbender, Cumberbatch and Hiddleston. And they represented those "greats" from their generation. But, I lost track with Hiddleston and "The Imitation Game" did a number on me, so here I am putting all my hopes in Fassbender.

Although to be fair, there is also this group of cutsie British actors including Ben Barns, Charlie Cox, Sam Claflin, Max Irons, Richard Madden, Domhall Gleeson (whom I find interesting, for some reason)... For some reason I expect some of them to do something... Why, I have no idea...

As for Tom Hardy, isn't he like too short for Robert... I had Henry Cavill in my mind...

The Academy will find a way to ruin it.

I dream a dream... Blanchett and Cotillard deserve some more recognition... I combust on mere idea that JLaw might have the same number of Oscars as Cate... Brrrr...

As for Macbeth, I mean, come on... Cotillard + Fassbender... A proof God exists... :)

I mean seriously.

Classic Alien trailer- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jQ5lPt9edzQ

The Prometheus trailer also blew me away the first time I saw it- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=34cEo0VhfGE

Loved this Watchmen one too- https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LeWllu-Qam4

Another great trailer for a new film I forgot was The Man From U.N.C.L.E. The trailer is so much fun that, despite the fact that I dislike Henry Cavill and have lost confidence in Guy Ritchie, I might still go and see this.

As for Tom Hardy, isn't he like too short for Robert... I had Henry Cavill in my mind...

The problem with Cavill is that he couldn't even act his way out of a paperbag. He's a very attractive guy, but damn he's so unskilled it hurts to see him getting a lot of good roles. He better not screw up The Man From U.N.C.L.E

Tom Hardy on the other hand is one of the best actors of his generation. Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy are the top British actors to come out of the British isles of their generation imo. Domnhall Gleeson has potential to bump Murphy out of the top though. I'd say that Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy, alongside Oscar Isaac are the best actors of their generation worldwide right now.

Anyway, Hardy is a beast. If anyone could do the Demon of the Trident justice, it would have been him. His physicality is unparallelled.

Fassbender as Rhaegar???? I honest don't see that at all lol!!! And I'm totally in LOVE with Fassbender.

You know he can rock the long hair if you have seen 300 :p

Another great trailer for a new film I forgot was The Man From U.N.C.L.E. The trailer is so much fun that, despite the fact that I dislike Henry Cavill and have lost confidence in Guy Ritchie, I might still go and see this.

The problem with Cavill is that he couldn't even act his way out of a paperbag. He's a very attractive guy, but damn he's so unskilled it hurts to see him getting a lot of good roles. He better not screw up The Man From U.N.C.L.E

Tom Hardy on the other hand is one of the best actors of his generation. Michael Fassbender, Tom Hardy and Cillian Murphy are the top British actors to come out of the British isles of their generation imo. Domnhall Gleeson has potential to bump Murphy out of the top though. I'd say that Michael Fassbender and Tom Hardy, alongside Oscar Isaac are the best actors of their generation worldwide right now.

Anyway, Hardy is a beast. If anyone could do the Demon of the Trident justice, it would have been him. His physicality is unparallelled.

You know he can rock the long hair if you have seen 300 :P

1. Veltigar, I know it is 30 degrees outside and I hate summers, but did that trailer actually show that Cavill has some sort of charisma? Can you just imagine him doing a nice job... Then we would have our Robert.

2. Ah, of course, Murphy. I always considered him somewhat pervy, because of his face. I am not mentioning certain ER case because that wound is still fresh, but he was always looked rather decent. And of course, Jonathan Rhys Meyers, who could have made something... I agree Hardy and Isaac are undoubtedly in front of many, many others.

3. Not just the long hair factor, but man, he is the guy that can portray Rhaegar's tormented soul without constipation and be very athletic for all the battle scenes.

• 3 weeks later...

I really like the look of that trailer. I like Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard loads, and I think I saw David Thewlis too which is a bonus. I don't know why, but Fassbender seems acutely well suited to this role.

And in turn, here is a trailer I found. Z for Zachariah, starring Margot Robbie, Chiwetel Eijofor and Chris Pine. Supposedly a Sci-Fi, seems more like a thriller-romance. Could be interesting, although I'm hesitant when it comes to Pine.

Looks quite like a remake of the 1959 post-apocalyptic film, The World, The Flesh and The Devil, staring Henry Belafonte, Inger Stevens and Mel Ferrer.

Amen... I sincerely don't remember when any actor impressed me as Michael Fassbender in the past several years. One of those actors, whose tormented face isn't sign of constipation. Somewhere in my mind, he has always been the perfect Rhaegar...

Fassbender as Rhaegar???? I honest don't see that at all lol!!! And I'm totally in LOVE with Fassbender.

Yeah, I don't see Fassbender as Rhaegar. Fassbender as Tywin Lannister in his prime would be my choice.

And in turn, here is a trailer I found. Z for Zachariah, starring Margot Robbie, Chiwetel Eijofor and Chris Pine. Supposedly a Sci-Fi, seems more like a thriller-romance. Could be interesting, although I'm hesitant when it comes to Pine.

It's based on an old Tween Sci-Fi novel. I think I read it back in 7th grade or so.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z_for_Zachariah

Kind of a last Couple on Earth sort of an angle.

Euhm, so you are implying that I don't love animals? What? :P

Not all. If you judge this movie objectively, it may not seem anything special, yet if you associate the silly things your own pets do with this movie, it might be a delight to watch. I showed the trailer to my parents, who probably haven't watched an animated movie in ages, but they have a dog and 2 cats, and they really enjoyed it.

I think I know who you have in mind. :P

As for Macbeth, I mean, come on... Cotillard + Fassbender... A proof God exists... :)

Although, I would like to know ASAP how will Weinstein solve Blanchett,Mara,Cotillard award season conundrum. I would like Blanchett for the lead, Cotillard for supporting. Now that would be a glorious year for Oscars.

As for trailers, long time fan... I mean the music... Every trailer is seen for one thing and one thing only... Music.

I still have goosebumps from Return of the King trailer just because of orchestra theme mixed with Aragorn speech. Maggie Smith's "Hogwarts is threatened" in Deathly Hallows part 2 with Immediate music song was brilliant. Guardians of the Gate for Avatar, Hobbit 2 and 3 trailer music, even the music for the Hunger Games 2. I am huge sucker for trailer music...

I also get moved by music. Sometimes the only reason I watch trailers on YouTube is to check if there is any good music I haven't discovered. But I always get pissed when they ruin classic songs, like they did with David Bowies's Heroes in the Season 5 Game of Thrones trailer. They did the same thing with Hendrix/Dylan's All Along the Watchtower in some movie with Wahlberg and Washington.

On trailers: If I get to the movies just in time to make it to the start, but without the trailers, then I don't even bother to go in. Like people say--it's part of the experience for me. (Unless Fassbender is in the movie, then I go in anyway) *we should probably start a fanclub*

Some trailers are way, way, way way better than the movies imo. Like Brave.

Some leave me pissed; like God is Not Dead.

Some leave me hopeful that Harington can impress more than just me. Like Testament of Youth.

Archived