Bloodraven

ausername

why would bloodraven be working with/ controlling the white walkers?

Why? Interesting how it happens that you jump so blindly on the idea he is.

Well, we know so little about him that we don't know if he controlling the Others, and we know even less about his motivations, if he in fact does.

He's not, but some folks see evil everywhere

Yep, the fact that some wights tried to stop Bran and Co. from getting to Bloodraven kind of proves they're not on the same side.

That said, conventional wisdom tells us that human sacrifice is not a good thing, so I still think BR and the Children are shady as fuck, to say the least.

Yep, the fact that some wights tried to stop Bran and Co. from getting to Bloodraven kind of proves they're not on the same side.

That said, conventional wisdom tells us that human sacrifice is not a good thing, so I still think BR and the Children are shady as fuck, to say the least.

Well, if he is behind the others/wights, using a controlled threat to make Bran trust him is not far from possibility.

"Scare him but do not kill him"

They are both magical entities located in the same area that make their moves at the same time and don't seem to be working against each other and seem to be working against humanity. Seems logical that they're either working together or one is using the other.

He's not, but some folks see evil everywhere

I don't think that being on the same side as the Others and wights makes someone evil. I don't think these creatures are evil.

I always thought that he is with them, coz somehow feel it and there are 2 quotes:

"Dark wings, Dark words"

"All crows are liars"

Well, if he is behind the others/wights, using a controlled threat to make Bran trust him is not far from possibility.

"Scare him but do not kill him"

then what is the point of Bran's journey to the cave of the last CTOF and the last greenseer? Besides, why must they scare bran at the end? As if the starving and traveling wasn't enough. It makes no sense to think that After invading Bran's dreams after a near death experience, after the warging, traveling with a corpse, a secret talking door and talking to Jon's friend that BLoodraven and the CTOF would have to "scare" bran to get him to trust them. It is actually rather foolish. and about as far from a possibility as Euron being Dario

I don't think that being on the same side as the Others and wights makes someone evil. I don't think these creatures are evil.

I always thought that he is with them, coz somehow feel it and there are 2 quotes:

"Dark wings, Dark words"

"All crows are liars"

The others are set up as the ultimate antagonist of the story. They are the closest thing to evil in the books. Well, them and Gregor. To be allied with them would make someone kinda evil

BR and the CotF are a part of the same magic that has returned with the dragons. I do not think that BR and Co. have the same motivations nor are working with The Others but rather for the preservation of magic tied to the Old Gods and the "weirnet". The CotF seem to have a fatalist POV on the whole situation and it might be up to Bran to convince them to help/intervene much like The Last Hero of the LN.

While he was in KL as King's Hand everyone assumed he was evil and using dark magic but we know that he was protecting the realm and his family by making the hard choices and doing the dirty work so others wouldn't have to. He killed Aenys Blackfyre to make keep his family in power and prevent another Blackfyre rebellion. He's not evil but is willing to do things others won't to protect the realm.

I don't think anyone on the board controls the Others. Some may work for or with them. If so, but big "if", it would be the Undying. I believe the CotF are in the North not by choice. Possibly just but because they are hunted by the Andals. Or possibly to hide from the Fire god, who may be as dangerous as the Others. I would think BR and the CotF are trying to bring the balance, or the Song, or whatever, between Ice and Fire. And are the true good guys of the story. Better than the Red Priests and their burning of people.

Archived