What cheeses do you prefer?

The sharpest cheddar I can get. Melt some over apple pie for bonus points.

Asiago and Parmesan rank up there as well, as does Brie to go with fruit. I also really love goat cheese. Pepperjack, nomnom.

I could go on. I fucking love cheese.

Really? :o is this, um...common? :p

Being from Wisconsin, it's hard to beat a good, very sharp cheddar. I also like manchego for crackers and chevre for salads and generally use in savory cuisine. Uh, in general I like all cheeses except for strong bleu.

This sentence is strange to me. It's like saying, "Being from London, it's hard to beat a really good New York pizza." :)

PS Melted cheddar on an apple pie? Fucking heathens.

Really? :o is this, um...common? :P

My grandpa introduced me to it when I was a kid, and it's awesome. According to him it's how they eat it in upstate NY (or did when he was growing up there). Not sure how common it is :dunno:

Vermont cheddar is best for apple pie topping IMO.

I started drooling reading your post. Gotta hit the farmer's market today and the cheese merchant is going to make a pretty penny from me - all thanks to this post and thread in general.

lol this thread has had me hungry all morning, too! :drool:

I have some sharp NY cheddar to eat with lunch but what I really really want now is some really nutty aged gouda with slices of guava paste and a glass of pinot grigio. nom!

PS. while I love cheese and fruit, I don't want cheese and pie. well... unless its ricotta pie. but that's different (and awesome!) but no cheese on my apple pie, thanks!

eta correct typo

All of it except for american cheese - and cream cheese if that counts. Both taste foul to me, but I deal with it if it's a recipe.

Favorites are goat, midnight moon, mascarpone, aged cheddar, parmigiano reggiano, mahon, mozzarella or a good provolone. Blue cheese is good, but I like savoring just small bites of it - too much and it's overpowering.

America makes some good cheese. It is known. But that crap that is "cheese product" that for some reason gets labeled as "American Cheese" is awful.

I basically love all cheese. But not all cheese in all context. Gouda can be awesome, sliced thin with fruit and wine. On pizza though, not so much. Swiss cheese makes good fondue, but I don't like it in my sandwiches. If you don't like a cheese, it's likely that you just haven't tried it in the write way yet! So eat your cheese. Or better yet don't and leave it for me! :P

America makes some good cheese. It is known. But that crap that is "cheese product" that for some reason gets labeled as "American Cheese" is awful.

I basically love all cheese. But not all cheese in all context. Gouda can be awesome, sliced thin with fruit and wine. On pizza though, not so much. Swiss cheese makes good fondue, but I don't like it in my sandwiches. If you don't like a cheese, it's likely that you just haven't tried it in the write way yet! So eat your cheese. Or better yet don't and leave it for me! :P

True, all cheese requires a good context. Swiss is one that I'm less partial to, but totally enjoy it in fondue.

I actually blame my distaste of American cheese slices on why I don't like cheeseburgers (only hamburgers). But otherwise I do love cheese on everything.

Gouda is an amazing melting cheese. I use it with pepperjack, aged cheddar, mild cheddar, swiss and reggiano in my very popular six cheese grilled cheese sandwich on my lunch menu.

OMG, I need to eat this.

One of my favorite Chicago restaurants has a fig-jam, cashew-butter and raclette cheese pan-fried sandwich. I dream of it nightly.

Hmm, where to start? Roquefort, Camembert, Stilton, Brebis, Muenster, Gouda , Emmental, Gruyere, Bleu d'Auvergne, St. Albray, Cantal, Brie, Chaumes, Chevre, Morbier, Port Salut, Cheddar, Colby Jack are all delicious. If I had to pick a favorite, Roquefort would be it. Mmmmm, Mac n' Roq!

Gouda is an amazing melting cheese. I use it with pepperjack, aged cheddar, mild cheddar, swiss and reggiano in my very popular six cheese grilled cheese sandwich on my lunch menu.

Swiss and Gouda are usually the cheeses I use to make fondue. That said I've had it on pizza twice, from places that otherwise do good pizza, and both times it was out of place.

I love cheese but I've never been a person who sought out cheeses to try. If a cheese is put in front of me I eat it, usually not knowing what it is.

I used to hate blue cheese and swiss cheese but now blue cheese I think blue cheese dressings are great for dipping things in and crumbles great on salad. Swiss cheese is now my second favorite sandwich cheese, provolone being my first.

I always have mozzarella, provolone, and parmesan cheeses in the house for my dad. Whenever I make rice or something like that I melt some into it.

Processed Slices of Plastic Wrapped "American" Cheese...

I remember as a kid making sandwiches to eat. The meat, which was usually bologna, then later ham or turkey, always ran out first so some days it was just cheese sandwiches with nothing but white Wonder bread, Kraft singles, and gobs of Miracle Whip. Then sometimes we'd run out of bread but there always seemed to be cheese left when we'd by those big 64 slices packs, so I resorted to just Miracle Whip smeared generously between 2 slices of cheese.

Also can't forget aerosol cheese on crackers! That's good eating!

Oh, you know what's another nice cheese I've developed a taste for in the last few years? St. Andre. Like a tangy brie. Almost tastes like a goat's milk cheese, but it is super creamy cow milk cheese.

was Attila rightist or leftist from a modern conception? On one hand he seemed quite willing to overturn existing social order at a whim, on the other he was very hawkish and pro military.

Well, he was certainly keen on overturning other people's social order, and I'm English, so...

Archived