Why Jon Snow couldn't be a Targaryen

KingStannisFan

Targaryens all have golden hair... so we're supposed to believe he inherited the super black hair of his mother? Yeah, no...

Targaryens marry brother to sister because the Targaryen traits like SILVER (not golden) hair and purple eyes are recessive.

There have been other Targaryens with non-Targaryen looks.

Also, Jon has brown hair, not black. He has black hair on the tv show

Not an easy thing to do, to get that many thing wrong in such short a post. No, the Targaryens do not all have golden hair. Or blond in general. And you don't need to dig very deep to find a counter-example, Rhaegar's daughter Rhaenys looked totes like her mom.

And since when does Jon Snow have "super black hair"? He doesn't. Where the hell did you get that from?

I believe Stark women pass down the Stark looks no matter what. If the story of Bael the Bard is true and only Stark men pass down their traits, then the Starks would have started looking different long ago. As for Stark men, I think that when they marry a First Men house, the Stark looks stay dominant, but (as we've seen) when they marry Andals the result is mixed. We haven't seen a Stark marry a Targaryen, so we don't know what would happen. But what we do know is Targ traits are recessive.

You gotta pay the troll toll, to get inside KingStannisFan's hole.

STOP referencing that.  It just gets Day Man in my head, and then all I wanna do is make badass ninja moves.

Targaryens all have really white blonde hair... so we're supposed to believe he inherited the super black hair of his mother? Yeah, no...

Because this can't be said enough JON DOES NOT HAVE BLACK HAIR ITS BROWN and the Targaryens usually have silver hair with gold streaks. And not all Targaryens have the silver/gold hair and purple eyes.

Archived