The War on Morning Coffee

MercenaryChef

Holy crap I need to go to the grocery store. I am drinking folgers someone left over my house with powdered sugar because I am out of everything right now... Still, I must have the coffee...

Good Lord Amighty. You deserve better than this, H P.

I had to resurrect this thread out of my deep and abiding love for kairparavel, who has introduced me to Stumptown coffee, and coffee itself.

I am loving this Stumptown Ethiopian blend that I cannot remember the name of, but the aroma....sweet fancy Moses. I'm sleeping with the beans under my pillow, they smell so damn good.

I'm in!

Question: Does one need the brewery kit for their coffee to be perfecto? I use a French press at home.

I'm in!

Question: Does one need the brewery kit for their coffee to be perfecto? I use a French press at home.

To serve it in public, you have to brew it by their special process, but I get good results with the French press. At first I didn't like the tiny traces of grounds you inevitably get with a French press, but I'm over it.

I'm in!

I use the Bonavita drip that they sell on their website. I've had it about 2 years and I love it with all my heart.

I just got a new espresso maker for Christmas from friends. For coffee lovers, you haven't lived until you've had your coffee via espresso. I'm totally in love with it, except that I made myself a pot this morning, finished the whole damn thing and felt like throwing up for about 15 min on the bus. Other than my own stupidity though, it's great!

Ms. Larry's bagel shop started carrying an exclusive blend from the fine folks at Lucy's Jo's Coffee Roastery. It's a dark roast called Groove and it's really smooth. I'm kind of bummed though because she stopped carrying their other dark roast "Brink" which was frigging amazeballs.

I have been drinking unholy amounts of this stuff of late, mostly because I have started bringing a giant Stanley thermos to work. You want to declare war on my morning coffee? You're going to have to come at me all day long.

Look, I'm going to be a little contrary here. I do love me my coffee, but I don't live and die by it. During the week, Folgers is just as good or if my machine as the good awful Maxwell House concentrate stuff the machines at work uses. Is fine. Dis the job. Doesn't taste absolutely awful.

But when I can get my hands in dine proper Kona... that stuff is gold and should be treated as such.

Archived