The War on Morning Coffee

MercenaryChef

Lost the coffee maker in the divorce.

That bastard!!

Which reminds me. The coffee pot that I've been using since 1988 is broken. It requires that I hold the water reservoir down while its brewing. But I have an additional pot in my basement that I acquired in 1994. All I have to do is dig it out.

Eh, I genuinely can't tell the difference between instant and "real" coffee. It all tastes the same to me and so long as it's hot and caffeinated I'm happy. That said, I've been known to just eat sachets of instant coffee and sugar washed down with cold water so I'm probably not the best source to consult on matters of taste.

Eh, I genuinely can't tell the difference between instant and "real" coffee. It all tastes the same to me and so long as it's hot and caffeinated I'm happy. That said, I've been known to just eat sachets of instant coffee and sugar washed down with cold water so I'm probably not the best source to consult on matters of taste.

That cannot be right, there must be something wrong. I guess living in an anglosaxon country and lack of proper education.

There's always someone who thinks theirs is the only right way to do something. :rolleyes:

There is such a thing as a hyperbole... (edit: especially since that post was a reaction to RiL :P)

That cannot be right, there must be something wrong. I guess living in an anglosaxon country and lack of proper education.

It's not just coffee, I think my tastebuds are just generally crap. For example, I can't tell the difference between different wines. A bottle of £3 plonk tastes exactly the same to me as some fancy £60 stuff. Hell, the only way I can even tell the difference between white and red is the serving temperature.

It's not just coffee, I think my tastebuds are just generally crap. For example, I can't tell the difference between different wines. A bottle of £3 plonk tastes exactly the same to me as some fancy £60 stuff. Hell, the only way I can even tell the difference between white and red is the serving temperature.

Ah, that is sad and convenient at the same time. Although apparently even the experts have problems distinguishing wines, they won't even notice if their red is a white with food colouring.

To understand my following premise, it must be understood that instant coffee is not coffee....

There is no such thing as a bad cup of coffee. I am a worshiper of the bean, and although there are some beans that are definitely better than others, All beans provide nourishment without which life would become meaningless. Almost every single one of the best memories in my life has me pictured with a cup of coffee in my hands. A lot of these memories occurred in shitty diners drinking the cheapest coffee money can buy.

Coffee is like sex in that when looked back upon the worst coffee that I ever had was wonderful.

I'm with Min - fuck it, I want caffeine, and I want it NOW. Instant is just the delivery system.

Good coffee is for when I'm awake, and am prepared to savour it.

Now, given a choice between making myself instant, and having somebody make me some fresh ground, sure, fresh ground! And a fucking pony, while we dream, btw.

Then, maybe a clean sock appreciation thread would be to your liking.

How else am I expected to get that hazelnut flavor without some lightly flavored socks?

Clean Linen really isn't such a bad coffee flavor to be honest though, which is why I often buy my coffee from Fabreeze.

No. In matters of coffee, there is no hyperbole. This is serious fucking business, and purveyors of heretic coffee should be executed.

Meh, I'm with Robin on this one. Coffee elitists and caffeine junkies annoy me.

Pizza, on the other hand, IS serious fucking business.

couldn't keep reading this thread..........had to stop and make a coffee

we use these guys in our coffee shop http://www.leafbeanmachine.com.au

they roast and blend locally, which makes a big difference. I bring ground coffee home and make it in a plunger (i think you guys call it a french press)

There is nothing like espresso with a lot of hot milk and sugar. In PR, we put sweetened super diluted coffee with milk on babies bottles. Yep! You don't need an expensive aything. At home, a small "greca" will give you the best espresso ever, as long as you get good coffee. You can buy ground Puerto Rican or Cuban coffee in many grocery stores.

Archived