Characters you cannot take seriously

Lord Over

I know it's easy to knock on Darkstar, but are there any characters you find yourself rolling your eyes at whenever they appear in a scene? This could be due to their placement, something they've said, their behaviour which prevents you from taking them seriously.

I'll start with some of mine:

JOJEN REED: I roll my eyes whenver this character speaks. He sounds like Morpheus without the charm or the borderline hammy tone. Everytime he says something, he comes across as a plot-dispensing machine rather than a human being. "Bran, you must UNLEARN what you have LEARNED. UNTEACH yourself what you have been TAUGHT." :bang:

TYRION: Though Tyrion was my favorite character (now second after Davos), there were several actions that brought him dangerously close to being borderline silly. On his first meeting with Jon, he performs a flip and rolls before landing, he waddles and needs a special saddle to ride a horse, yet he fought and killed people on three separate skirmishes (veil, Robb and Blackwater) :eek:

MANCE RAYDER: This one is more of a personal taste than something Mance actually did. It's every character's insistence on calling him by his full name that I instantly giggle and the scene's drama cheapens. It doesn't help that his name rhymes with LANCE RIDER, which connects him to the Marvel Superhero known as Nova (whose real identity is Dick Rider) :laugh: :laugh:

TYRION: Though Tyrion was my favorite character (now second after Davos), there were several actions that brought him dangerously close to being borderline silly. On his first meeting with Jon, he performs a flip and rolls before landing, he waddles and needs a special saddle to ride a horse, yet he fought and killed people on three separate skirmishes (veil, Robb and Blackwater) :eek:

No offence my friend but Tyrion is the star character of Game of Thrones

The character I cant take seriously is Meryn Trant

He's good at beating a defenceless Sansa but I'd like to see him dare take on Bronn or the Hound

No offence my friend but Tyrion is the star character of Game of Thrones

I know he's the star, I've said he's my favorite character no? I just don't buy him performing all those physical actions. Aside from that, I like him very much.

*cough cough* Gyles Rosby. Everytime he appears on page, he does not do anything but coughs. Sorry, I cannot take you seriously.

A show character only, but I cannot take the Spice King seriously. He acts like a clown to me.

MANCE RAYDER: This one is more of a personal taste than something Mance actually did. It's every character's insistence on calling him by his full name that I instantly giggle and the scene's drama cheapens. It doesn't help that his name rhymes with LANCE RIDER, which connects him to the Marvel Superhero known as Nova (whose real identity is Dick Rider) :laugh: :laugh:

Blasphemy! Mance is the best king Westeros has.

Re Tyrion, have you never seen WWF midget wrestling? Little people can be quite athletic and strong. In ADwD, we learn that Tyrion was always athletic and acrobatic. Nothing really strange about his tumbling with Jon.

As for his battle prowess, he was ahorse (mostly), eliminating his size disadvantage.

Jojen Reed, the chief steward on the Wall, gods, what's his name... who has an orange face. *Google* BOWEN MARSH damn it. I can't even remember his name.

Also Asha Greyjoy, Daenerys... they are so eager to prove... what exactly? That they are worth as much as any man? As much as some man, for sure and more than other men, but Asha Greyjoy is Asha Greyjoy and whatever she does, she'll never be Euron Greyjoy. And Daenerys is Only a young girl who knows little of war, less of rule and nothing of power.

Renly - It's probaby because he died before he could have done anything to prove me wrong. Sorry Renly.

Lancel - Poor guy, it's not his fault. It's Cersei's. And Tyrion's.

Also Tyrion himself is often hard to take seriously.

Quentyn Martell - Poor fella...

Oh yes, and STANNIS - the guy actually believes HE is Azor Ahai reborn.

Daario and Darkstar. I find both of them ridiculous.

The most hilarious thing about Daario is that given Dany's abject drooling over him, he should be magnificently handsome, a paragon of male beauty. (Or in the very least-- good lord-- he should be at least reasonably attractive.) Instead we get a guy without a hint of any sort of physical charm whatsoever. Big nose, colored hair, a body as hairless as Danerys :ack: . He sounds barely passable, much less sexy. And yet here Dany is, drooling copiously over this dweeb.

And don't even get me started on his "personality".

As for Darkstar, the truly hilarious thing is that I think he was intended to be cool. A sort of dark anti hero. As GRRM said, "everyone loves the bad boy."

The most hilarious thing about Darkstar is that given Dany's abject drooling over him, he should be magnificently handsome, a paragon of male beauty. (Or in the very least-- good lord-- he should be at least reasonably attractive.) Instead we get a guy without a hint of any sort of physical charm whatsoever. Big nose, colored hair, a body as hairless as Danerys :ack: . He sounds barely passable, much less sexy. And yet here Dany is, drooling copiously over this dweeb.

And don't even get me started on his "personality".

I don't really comment on Dany's sex life because it comes off as slut-shaming. But she truly does have godawful taste in men. The guy has a blue three-forked beard, for pete's sake. And the naked-lady weapons handles ... he's overcompensating.

I don't really comment on Dany's sex life because it comes off as slut-shaming. But she truly does have godawful taste in men. The guy has a blue three-forked beard, for pete's sake. And the naked-lady weapons handles ... he's overcompensating.

Darkstar?

"Small girls are a superstitious cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts. I must be a creature of the night, black, (irredeemably) terrible...a Dark-star"

Daaaaaaaaaaaaario

The Sand Snakes, except Sarella

Reznak mo Reznak

Archived