Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

AndrewBaelish

Original Captain America is one of the best Marvel movies. Story and pacing wise I'd say it's better than Avengers, which watches like a great mashup of action scenes and witticisms done by a fanboi on Youtube. Fun to watch, but not a legitimately good movie.

I found it irritating and ridiculous.

Cap1 is like half of a good movie. The latter half is pretty crap and basically skips over mountains of interesting things and abandons any sort of character development so it can rush to the ending to set up The Avengers.

This is exactly how I feel about it as well. Everything from the first scene in the '40s and up until the big battles against Hydra is a great example of how Marvel are able to to diversify their movies, genre-wise, when they put their minds to it.

Anyway, I disagree that you can't do more with Cap at this point. In fact, he's probably one of the most interesting characters in the current situation. His outdated ideals matched with his penchant for inspiring people is a great starting point for some weird personal conflicts. A Civil War type storyline would be perfect for him at this point.

May 1 of 2015? That seems awfully far away to not have any other lead up movies for it. What was the gap between CA: The First Avenger and Avengers?

Who the fuck is that floating in the background?

The Vision.

ETA: I have to say I hope that scene isn't actually in the movie. Guys like Thor or Hulk could tough it out in a mosh pit of Ultron-bots but the others don't really have any reason or ability to be wrestling hand to hand with dozens of them at once.

Archived