Avengers 2: Age of Ultron

AndrewBaelish

Ultron saying "There are no strings on me" is scary as feck and I don't like to think of technology advancing to the point where it's going to start thinking on its own.

Don't worry then, because it's not possible for a computer to think period. (Cue angry Singularity peeps in 3,2...)

Loving the look and feel of this movie, however Quicksilver in this movie is gonna have a hard time living up to the portrayal of the same character in DOFP, even the speed animations from what we've seen don't look as neat as the DOFP animations, but I guess it's still too early to tell.

If Serkis is Klaw then we have an all but confirmed Black Panther movie coming in 2017/8?

Also it'll be interesting to see how Thanos ties into this conflict considering he is confirmed to appear.

The trailer overall was pretty good, I can see this movie hitting the $2 billion mark.

Edit: I just saw another report saying Thanos will not appear hmmm

I think Thanos has to appear in the credit scene at least?

My guess is Ultron leaves Earth devastated, perhaps even with a major city destroyed, and Thanos is looking at the all the smoke in the atmosphere and decides the time is ripe to invade.

Pleased it's more the Avengers cartoon than the age of ultron comic (we see more ultron in the trailer than 8 issues of the comic)

For those who worry about DC films being devoid of humour they better hope this trailer was only emphasising the danger as it doesn't look like a joke fest.

It's already obvious why they went for SPader. Wonder if Ultron will wear a hat?

Will they be able to call him Quicksilver, as that's an X-men reference and because of IP rights never the twain shall meet right? They won't even be able to call Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch mutants.

And DC owns the term meta-humans (Thanks to The Flash).

I agree with her.

Thor's been replaced in the comics, and they need to look into recasting the character because Chris Hemsworth is going to cost too much money going forward. Not to mention that his death would add a certain... gravity to the film. No better way to die than in the Avengers sequel.

Thor has not been replaced, he's lost the ability to wield the hammer and now carries the battle axe Jarnbjorn.

Not to mention, Thor 3 is still happening after AoU.

Also, the MCU is completely independent of Marvel Comics. Evidenced by the fact that as of right now Spider-man, Fantastic Four, and mutants do not exist in the MCU, and the fact that despite Hank Pym's existence in the MCU, he is not the creator of Ultron.

The movies are doing their own thing.

So this means they are officially changing the origin of Ultron for the movie canon? Ultron was made by Hank Pym not an evolved ironman suit.

I'm a big fan of the comics but I actually prefer Ultron being created by stark. It makes more sense than Pym in many ways and Stark is also the lynchpin of the MCU

Will they be able to call him Quicksilver, as that's an X-men reference and because of IP rights never the twain shall meet right? They won't even be able to call Quicksilver and the Scarlet Witch mutants.

And DC owns the term meta-humans (Thanks to The Flash).

They call them Inhumans. Marvel still owns that. Or possibly Numans which they are testing out in the comic.

Who's faster, Quicksilver or The Flash?

Flash by a long way in terms of comics.Flash is speed of light fast while quicksilver is speed of sound. TV Flash is about the same speed

I'm a big fan of the comics but I actually prefer Ultron being created by stark. It makes more sense than Pym in many ways and Stark is also the lynchpin of the MCU

In a certain sense, yes. Stark is the tech genius. But in a storytelling sense, the fucked-up family dynamic of Ultron and all the soap opera stuff that goes with him fits Pym much better. Ultron is basically an all-powerful representation of the Oedipus complex. Who better to explore that with than Hank Pym, probably the most psychologically flawed Avenger?

They call them Inhumans. Marvel still owns that. Or possibly Numans which they are testing out in the comic.

Are they electric?

In DoFP Quicksilver was definitely going faster than the speed of sound.

If you're going to include a character solely for the sake of a single scene, you obviously want to make that scene as cool as possible.;)

In the comics he has even proven slower than a variety of other speedsters like Makkari or his sort-of nephew Speed (and also an unnamed character who was a blatant reference to Barry Allen).

In a certain sense, yes. Stark is the tech genius. But in a storytelling sense, the fucked-up family dynamic of Ultron and all the soap opera stuff that goes with him fits Pym much better. Ultron is basically an all-powerful representation of the Oedipus complex. Who better to explore that with than Hank Pym, probably the most psychologically flawed Avenger?

Are they electric?

It'd be fine if Hank had been in the MCU so we'd get to know him but it'd be tricky without that, Plus, I doubt they'd ever have him beating his wife up during a mential breakdown either.

Stark still works though but more from a hubris POV. The ego on the guy to create the AI and presumably shackle it to do his bidding is something that can still be explored. Ultron can still see Stark as a father figure and if Vision is going to be an embodiment of JARVIS then we're still going to get the screwed up family dynamic.

In DoFP Quicksilver was definitely going faster than the speed of sound.

They do exactly the same thing with same thing with TV Flash, He moves far faster than sound if the relative "slow-down" is to be believed.

I think Jon AS is right in saying they all move at the speed of kewl.

Archived