Football LXIII - the eleventh hour

baxus

Yeah, as talented as he is, there have been moments in the last couple of months that Berbatov's first touch deserted him - for all his flaws I'd never seen that from him before and seems a clear sign that he's not that interested and needs to go.

Though it's a big gamble, there's been a lot of hype about this Greek guy they've signed to replace him.

Probably more importantly, they've also brought in a whole new midfield- much of it on loan, but for staying up they should be fine now I think.

Optimist. :S Though I entirely agree about Berbatov: when he's bad, he's horrid, and he's not been with it lately.

I was really surprised that pool didn't stack up now that they finally have a legitimate chance at CL again.

Meanwhile, Roma adding Nainggolan should probably be enough to keep second place, assuming no real injury crisis strikes.

Way to jinx it, now Dodo is out a month and a half...

He did indeed get injured, his back is what the BBC are reporting. The same reporter also said the 2-3 months figure is inaccurate.

Edit: Can't wait for the jibes that the medical team at Arsenal are probably going to receive. Probably has something to do with our per-historic training methods.

The Mirror say he arrived with a back injury ( which the club was aware of) and has not trained at Arsenal yet.

Phil Jones off with what looks like a major injury- took six minutes to get him off. Both our starting CBs subbed before half time. :(

Looked like he banged his head when he hit the ground so likely a concussion. I think he'll be ok in a week.

Archived