The Walking Dead: Those Who Arrive, Survive (TV & Comics SPOILERS)

Lady Octarina

I think it has to be a Negan like character because they can't do NEgan on the show because of the swearing.

The leaders chats with Daryl are also a bit like Negan in the sense you know he's in charge but he sounds perfectly reasonable and "fair".

It would be a nice way to end this season if the leader of strays enounters a baseball bat at the end of the season,drops his ball, and goes "i'm gonna call this lucille".

That or a new guy with a baseball bat joins the group before they leave the show and our minds will be tainted with our knowledge of the comics :)

A one-eyed dog which can drive a car and is friends with Morgan :o I'm on board :p

I picture One-dog behind the wheel with Morgan leaning out the window with a baseball bat (dazed & confused style) whacking zombie heads as they cruise on down the highway.

I picture One-dog behind the wheel with Morgan leaning out the window with a baseball bat (dazed & confused style) whacking zombie heads as they cruise on down the highway.

It would probably be more exciting to watch than a regular episode of tWD :D

It would probably be more exciting to watch than a regular episode of tWD :D

Better than last week's anyhow. Something tells me one-dog is less inclined to do stupid stuff but only time will tell.

I think One-Dog has his own haven of awesomeness somewhere and he's looking for humans worthy enough to join him.

Poor Morgan. I kind of like the idea of leaving him to "clean" while living in his booby-traps o' crazy. I'm hesitant to see him again if all he'll be is a head on a platter.

You know, something in the other thread sprang to mind. If Kirkman is saying it will be talked about for a long time...Rick was chained in that rail car, was it both hands or one? What if Rick loses his hand in this episode (finally)? I know the common theory is Merle took the hand plot but what if?

If its dealing with a child rapist, he can't go far enough. The one good thing in an apocolpyse, it's no holds barred on these sick fuckers. :devil:

I think implied child rape on television is probably what he meant as much as ripping out someone's throat with his teeth (which I've seen on another cable show this season) and then butchering someone with a knife.

I skipped two episodes and watched the last one. I'll spare you all my opinion but in terms of predictions I doubt anything will happen to Carl unless they want to get rid of Rick as well or have an evil protagonist (won't happen). Rock's life is over if Carl's ends. Eating Beth is more likely.

I skipped two episodes and watched the last one. I'll spare you all my opinion but in terms of predictions I doubt anything will happen to Carl unless they want to get rid of Rick as well or have an evil protagonist (won't happen). Rock's life is over if Carl's ends. Eating Beth is more likely.

I think implied child rape on television is probably what he meant as much as ripping out someone's throat with his teeth (which I've seen on another cable show this season) and then butchering someone with a knife.

Yes, I think seeing that as a visual in a television medium, (if that is what is coming), will be hard to watch, though Ricks reaction and actions would actually not be shocking in that scenario, at least not to me.

The "Negan" character must be coming later and Joe is not the parallel character, because if this is the scenario and this is one of Joes men that contradicts Negans rule agains sexual violence?

Yes, I think seeing that as a visual in a television medium, (if that is what is coming), will be hard to watch, though Ricks reaction and actions would actually not be shocking in that scenario, at least not to me.

The "Negan" character must be coming later and Joe is not the parallel character, because if this is the scenario and this is one of Joes men that contradicts Negans rule agains sexual violence?

The one thing I wonder about is the casting of Joe. He's too much of a 'face' to be used in basically a small plotline, at least in my opinion. I wonder if he straddles both comic storylines - one of his Claimers tries to rape Carl and meets his fate but Joe gets away, still having a vendetta against Rick for what transpired in the house and we meet him later in the story as the show replacement for Negan. I dunno. Or maybe Joe and his gang are done as of the end of tomorrow's finale.

The one thing I wonder about is the casting of Joe. He's too much of a 'face' to be used in basically a small plotline, at least in my opinion. I wonder if he straddles both comic storylines - one of his Claimers tries to rape Carl and meets his fate but Joe gets away, still having a vendetta against Rick for what transpired in the house and we meet him later in the story as the show replacement for Negan. I dunno. Or maybe Joe and his gang are done as of the end of tomorrow's finale.

Thats possible.

Joe as Negan needs to build his group to a stronger force, and it's possible that some of his men are rogue without his knowledge, (in that world, I suppose you don't ask too many questions when "your men like them), but once the lengths of depravity are realized, brutal justice is exacted, but its Rick who does it before Joe gets the chance.

The plot lines seem to suggest that on some level Joe recognizes Daryls honesty, decent nature, but at the same time, ruthless nature, and if those are the type of men he wants to craft his "army" after, then some of his dirty dogs will have to go, thus he begins to straddle the two characters the way the Governor did? :dunno:

The only thing agains this character parallel is when Joe is first introduced, the talk downstairs in the house was about finding womens clothing, so it couldn't be lost on Joe what the intentions might be when "the woman" came back.

I don't know, going back to the scene where Maggie tells Glenn he'll never need to have a picture to remember her, and then she burns it, is a strong foreshadowing.

Archived