Guillermo Del Toro's The Strain on FX

Maester Llama

I don't know but there are 3 books in the series. Maybe they will try to do one book per season? Does anyone know how many episodes they are doing? That might give us a hint.

Season 1 (13 episodes) = book 1

Seasons 2 & 3 = book 2

Seasons 4 & 5 = book 3

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jarettwieselman/guillermo-del-toro-five-season-plan-fx-the-strain

Oh, I'm watching it twice every Sunday night, just in case I missed something the first time!

That captive guy on the chain being kept as the food source was...nightmarish. And they've really managed to convey the frustration and hopelessness of folks as they're trying to warn their loved ones, only to be ignored or thought of as crazy.

And I've been wondering how long it would take before Abraham started to weaken. We can't lose him!

Has anyone else been keeping up? So much better then HBO's little homage to slash fiction that is Tru Blood. The vampires on Strain are what should be common place. I'd love to see how long Edward would last agianst the Master

Funnily enough, he might win simply because of the nature of the works.

Has anyone else been keeping up? So much better then HBO's little homage to slash fiction that is Tru Blood. The vampires on Strain are what should be common place. I'd love to see how long Edward would last agianst the Master

Yeah I've been watching and enjoying it. Tonight's episode was really good and they are on the verge of something big. Can't wait for the next episode. I'm waiting for everyone to team up, which I assume they will. Eph, Abraham, Nora, Jim, Gus, and Vasiliy.

I admit it - I kind of have the hots for Vasiliy. :blush:

Hope he doesn't end up as a dead-eyed weirdo who must be beheaded.

I didn't quite get what was up with the eclipse and its effect on the "infected." Are these vampires susceptible to sunlight? Did the eclipse allow them to walk around during daylight and that's what made the situation so much worse?

As I'm asking these questions, I'm answering them, really. That must be what happened.

I was surprised by how short the eclipse was. I guess it was to show the future plans of the vampires, which is to...what? Block out the sun via big rockets attached to the moon?

Some of the jump scares began to feel really repetitive. And giving the old vampire hunter a heart condition is laying it on a bit thick, as is the hot female doctor's mom being so dazed & confused.

I admit it - I kind of have the hots for Vasiliy. :blush:

He can catch my rats, know what I'm saying? Actually that sounds disgusting. How about "He can spring a trap on my loins any day"...no, that sounds painful...

I'll get it, just give me a second 24 hours...

I was surprised by how short the eclipse was. I guess it was to show the future plans of the vampires, which is to...what? Block out the sun via big rockets attached to the moon?

If only there was a long theorized, less fanciful way to do this that hadn't already been used in the (great) British vampire series Ultraviolet... :P

Some of the jump scares began to feel really repetitive. And giving the old vampire hunter a heart condition is laying it on a bit thick, as is the hot female doctor's mom being so dazed & confused.

He can catch my rats, know what I'm saying? Actually that sounds disgusting. How about "He can spring a trap on my loins any day"...no, that sounds painful...

I'll get it, just give me a second 24 hours...

Any pest control reference is bound to be a bad one. Let's just be like his father and pretend he's in some other field. :P

The vamps are definitely vulnerable to sunlight. The rat guy killed two by raising the blinds. Ironically, I know how the vampires felt; I'm not always keen on sunlight. :D

I'm really enjoying this show. The basement scene where Filch/Abraham/W. Frey gets an attack of angina with the vampires fast approaching was very well done. And the storeroom scene at pest central was awesome. This show reminds me of Stephen King's "Salem's Lot." There's the same ability to build tension and fear...that's a rare commodity these days.

The vamps are definitely vulnerable to sunlight. The rat guy killed two by raising the blinds. Ironically, I know how the vampires felt; I'm not always keen on sunlight. :D

I'm really enjoying this show. The basement scene where Filch/Abraham/W. Frey gets an attack of angina with the vampires fast approaching was very well done. And the storeroom scene at pest central was awesome. This show reminds me of Stephen King's "Salem's Lot." There's the same ability to build tension and fear...that's a rare commodity these days.

Yes! It reminded me of that too. Wasn't there an older gent in Salem's Lot too among the ones who were "onto" what was happening?

I think he died, if I'm not mistaken.

I've gotta reread that book. But I'll save it till autumn comes - that's the perfect season to get in the mood for it.

Yes! It reminded me of that too. Wasn't there an older gent in Salem's Lot too among the ones who were "onto" what was happening?

I think he died, if I'm not mistaken.

I've gotta reread that book. But I'll save it till autumn comes - that's the perfect season to get in the mood for it.

Yes...he was the schoolteacher. I need to re-read it as well. It's been a long time. I snuck that book when I was 11 or 12 and it warped me for life.

Archived