Season 5 Poster and Sneak Peeks

Westeros

Why are people trying to read the poster literally? It's clearly meant to be Drogon, as a representation of Dany, thus promoting further the inevitable meeting of her and Tyrion.

I wasn't necessarily saying it's literal. But it's Tyrion, on a boat, in some fog, seeing a dragon. Even if that isn't the correct interpretation of the scene, it's clear where the inspiration is from. It's an awesome looking poster anyway.

Why are people trying to read the poster literally? It's clearly meant to be Drogon, as a representation of Dany, thus promoting further the inevitable meeting of her and Tyrion.

That's what I thought aswell. Although I wish Drogon was much bigger in the poster. He was big enough to ride at the beginning of season 4. I want him to be massive by the time he makes a comeback at the pits.

That's what I thought aswell. Although I wish Drogon was much bigger in the poster. He was big enough to ride at the beginning of season 4. I want him to be massive by the time he makes a comeback at the pits.

I have a feeling he's going to be big, really big, when we see him at the pits. :drool:

No. Laziness is why they used a season 4 image for the poster.

So you'd rather them spoil Season 5 Drogon? I'm not sure how anyone can be lazy enough to literally take a still shot of Season 5 Drogon and put him on the poster, so I'm not following your logic. Either way they had to go into the files and pull a Drogon image.

So you'd rather them spoil Season 5 Drogon?

To be honest I don't really care. Season 5 Drogon will be exactly the same as season 4 Drogon, only bigger, so I could never consider them showing him any kind of spoiler.

By lazy I mean that they literally just took a still of Drogon from season 4 and put it into the poster, when what they could have done was draw him specifically for the promo. They didn't, hence why I think it was lazy.

I wasn't necessarily saying it's literal. But it's Tyrion, on a boat, in some fog, seeing a dragon. Even if that isn't the correct interpretation of the scene, it's clear where the inspiration is from. It's an awesome looking poster anyway.

Well, fog is a very used symbolism for the uncertain, and Tyrion is in that direction. It doesn't necessarily means the Sorrows.

Besides, inspired or not, will the Sorrows even be in the show at all? With what purpose? It makes a bit sense in the books, during the small arc of Tyrion in the Shy Maid, but not really here when greyscale in the show has been barely mentioned and Tyrion

will only be in a small boat with no space to fight

. If they still play the scene to happen as in books, it's going to look very random (not that the show hasn't done random before).

So you'd rather them spoil Season 5 Drogon? I'm not sure how anyone can be lazy enough to literally take a still shot of Season 5 Drogon and put him on the poster, so I'm not following your logic. Either way they had to go into the files and pull a Drogon image.

Having a new image of Drogon wouldn't really spoil anything. They could fit him and fake some perspective, like happened in one of the first trailers of Season 3. Drogon looked huge at first. He wasn't.

I'm more interested in Direwolves than Dragons. Shame we see less of them.

The Direwolves look so unnatural on the show though, Dragons actually look more real that the wolves do funnily enough.

Eg. I was watching Season 4 last week and when Jon was finally reunited with Ghost, Ghost didn't do anything - canines who dont see their owner in a long time are super excited, bouncing and jumping around the place.

I like the poster, it doesn't bother me that they recycled a couple of images.

Drogon does have to be large enough for Dany to ride him, so I'm sure he's going to grow tremendously, that should be very exciting.

I'm also excited for the meeting between Dany and Tyrion.

People actually think that was Drogon?

Is it just the word "leathery"?

It is described like an albino bat. That must be what George meant.

Nymeria should be on the season 6 poster.

Or Ghost! Or Ghost-Jon!

Season 5 Drogon will be exactly the same as season 4 Drogon, only bigger, so I could never consider them showing him any kind of spoiler.

In the Season 5 trailer, the dragon (whichever one it is {I really hope its one about to eat that idiot Dornish fellow that went into their tomb}) looks a lot hornier than any of them did in Season 4. The neck crest/frills are far more pronounced.

Archived