[BOOK SPOILERS] What your non-reader friends/family thought and their predictions

WinterKing

My husband is Unsullied and wants to stay that way until the show is done. Otherwise he knows he'd nitpick stuff to death.

Regarding Melisandre & Jon's ride up the Wall: "Don't make eye contact, Jon boy, unless you want to pay child support for a smoke monster."

On Lancel: "It's thingy! From the first series! I guess he stopped at the gym after he gave up looking for the breastplate stretcher."

He thought the scene with the harpy coming down was astounding. He was a bit disappointed there was no Arya in this episode.

I, too, had to do the *pause-and-explain-Lancel* with my unsullied husband.

Otherwise he enjoyed it, but nothing got him disturbed or happy or anything, really.

What's the point of watching with an unsullied if they don't do or say something unsully funny? I was put out.

I've spoken to two Unsullied friends (though, one of them I have partially sullied by telling him spoilers every time I get drunk. I'm fun at parties...)

Some quotes:

"That woman and grey worm are definitely gonna bang at some point" I died a little inside.

"Wow, I didn't realise how many storylines there were. When are Bran and Arya coming into it?"

"Practically the only nudity was male though... :( " (Yeah, except you still got boobs. Quit whining...)

The other friend simply said, "it's dark." As in, not the tone, or the mood... The screen. There are lots of scenes in the dark.

These are the kinds of people I have in my life to discuss GoT/ASoIaF with. You guys starting to understand why I joined these forums...? :bang:

My husband liked it. He's worried Jon may be in trouble for the arrow. I think he liked the Wall stuff, which I was happy about b/c I love that story and he's starting to get into it. I think he's definitely more interested in Stannis, thinks Mance should have bent the knee rather than be burned.

He called Tyrion trifling when he threw up and drank more wine.

"I thought that lady was supposed to have red hair." (Melissandre) "Jon needs to watch out for her."

I had to spend a lot of the episode reminding him who people were and then after the episode he had a lot of questions about the dragons, which I had a hard time answering since he doesn't want spoilers.

Did the unsullied recognise Lancel? I really had to check his name to see it's still the same actor.

I was super impressed by a non-book friend, who instantly asked: "Is that the weird guy from season one she (Cersei) was sleeping with?" and that was even before they had their dialogue to remind people. I hardly recognised him myself at the first look.

My unsullied fiance was very confused during the first scene, and I had to give him the backstory of Maggy the Frog, but his face during the last scene with Mance was priceless. He was quite upset. He also didn't recognize Lancel, and was a little disturbed by Tyrion's beard, lol.

I've spoken to two Unsullied friends (though, one of them I have partially sullied by telling him spoilers every time I get drunk. I'm fun at parties...)

Some quotes:

"That woman and grey worm are definitely gonna bang at some point" I died a little inside.

"Wow, I didn't realise how many storylines there were. When are Bran and Arya coming into it?"

"Practically the only nudity was male though... :( " (Yeah, except you still got boobs. Quit whining...)

The other friend simply said, "it's dark." As in, not the tone, or the mood... The screen. There are lots of scenes in the dark.

These are the kinds of people I have in my life to discuss GoT/ASoIaF with. You guys starting to understand why I joined these forums...? :bang:

SERIOUSLY!!!!! :lmao:

My gf was convinved that the stones on Tywin's eyes were just really bad props trying to make him look dead. I had to explain that they were actually stones, and that it's some kind of Westerosi funeral rite.... I'm still not sure if she believes me.

All you have to do is show her the pilot as well as breaker of chains.

Archived