College Basketball 2015 - 2016: Wherein we forget that last season ever happened

Rhom

VCU is a frustrating team to watch. So good for so long then they just take bad shot after bad shot. Happened Friday against Duke (went 2-12 during a big Duke run) and now again here against Wisconsin (1-11). Loads of potential, just needs to stop fouling (or being called for fouls) and start making some free throws.

Only has themselves to blame for losing. Can't shoot 58% from free throw line nor 42% overall. Shouldn't have been close.

Yeah, went cold at a bad time but still had a chance to win at the end.  Think they could have gotten a better look there.

Regardless, looks like you have a good continuation of coaching.  Still playing that high paced style.  Looks promising IMHO

This guy Ben Simmons is fantastic. Exhilirating player and should be a clear no.1 pick.

Last year there was some more doubt as to who was the best, and as the season progressed Towns passed Okafor and Mudiay as Mudiay had gone abroad. Lakers probably didn't pick the right guy at #2 but that is a different discussion. Ben Simmons though, he has the look of a future star the way Wiggins had as well, and Wiggins is doing very well.

This guy Ben Simmons is fantastic. Exhilirating player and should be a clear no.1 pick.

Last year there was some more doubt as to who was the best, and as the season progressed Towns passed Okafor and Mudiay as Mudiay had gone abroad. Lakers probably didn't pick the right guy at #2 but that is a different discussion. Ben Simmons though, he has the look of a future star the way Wiggins had as well, and Wiggins is doing very well.

Simmons has been fantastic thus far.  I think he and Jamal Murray will make the best pros out of this class.

New polls are out and UK has ascended to the top of both where they rightly belong.  :thumbsup:

Of interest is the coach's poll where Duke was number 4 last week and number 3 this week.  Only Duke can manage to get essentially blown out on national TV and manage to rise in the polls.  :lmao:

UNC dropped from 1 to 9 in the AP poll, that was a pretty surprising drop.  Michigan State as expected was the biggest riser of the week.

Was hoping GW would make the poll after the 4-0 start that includes the big win over Virginia, but no such luck. They're really close behind Texas A&M though, so if they win their two games this week (including vs. Tennessee), I think they could make it in.

As for Buffalo, they're looking better at 3-2 after a rough start to the season. They've got a brutal upcoming schedule though. After a break for this week, they've got 4 games in 9 days, including @ Duke on Dec. 5 and @ Iowa State on Dec. 7. Talk about a road trip.

Was hoping GW would make the poll after the 4-0 start that includes the big win over Virginia, but no such luck. They're really close behind Texas A&M though, so if they win their two games this week (including vs. Tennessee), I think they could make it in.

As for Buffalo, they're looking better at 3-2 after a rough start to the season. They've got a brutal upcoming schedule though. After a break for this week, they've got 4 games in 9 days, including @ Duke on Dec. 5 and @ Iowa State on Dec. 7. Talk about a road trip.

That is a stout road swing!

I'm not into gambling... so someone may have to help me with this.

line_zpsaobj8q7c.jpg

So the line tonight is 8.5 for Kentucky at home versus Boston?!!? 

Are we shaving points again and I didn't know it????

Isn't this normal? You've had the first or second best recruiting class for the last 8 years.

I'm into gambling where money isn't involved.  I've learned never to scoff at Vegas.  Maybe it's a ratings ploy, because now I might stay up for the whole game lol

ETA:  I'm meaning to quote the last Rhom post here, but the new forum is messing with me.  And I can't figure out how to change (or even delete) the quote you are seeing.  #slowlearner

I'm into gambling where money isn't involved.  I've learned never to scoff at Vegas.  Maybe it's a ratings ploy, because now I might stay up for the whole game lol

ETA:  I'm meaning to quote the last Rhom post here, but the new forum is messing with me.  And I can't figure out how to change (or even delete) the quote you are seeing.  #slowlearner

I have no idea how to change them once tagged either.  It looks slick, but is not user friendly.  :dunno: 

Damn, our game is boring!  I know UCLA isn't that good, but I thought they would be a bit more competitive than Chaminade.  

I have no idea how to change them once tagged either.  It looks slick, but is not user friendly.  :dunno: 

The first time I spoiler tagged something, it didn't work properly, and it was so bad I just cleared it and start over completely.

Damn, our game is boring!  I know UCLA isn't that good, but I thought they would be a bit more competitive than Chaminade. 

Ouch.  Yeah, they look pretty weak.  The only thing exciting is that little Holiday is looking like a player.  Not Jrue mind you, but a solid piece. 

I fear now that Kentucky will look at the Kansas game as some kind of benchmark.

I'm not into gambling... so someone may have to help me with this.

line_zpsaobj8q7c.jpg

So the line tonight is 8.5 for Kentucky at home versus Boston?!!? 

Are we shaving points again and I didn't know it????

That is odd, I wish I saw this when you posted it...but I probably would've just jinxed you guys. Locks always seem to lose, unless you don't touch the game of course.

That is a really weird line.  But the fact of the matter is Vegas knows there business. If you see a crazy line like that, it means that Vegas wants the public money to pour in on one side, and usually they're going to win. I'm not a big basketball better, but in football you see stuff like that all the time.  Money pouring in on one side and the line not moving means red flags should be going up.  A good example of this is when #3 Utah was 3.5 point dog at 3-3 USC earlier this year.

Archived