(Book Spoilers) Positive Nitpicking thread...

sj4iy

Alfie Allen - tremendous.

Peter Vaughan (Aemon) - tremendous.

Tormund and Jon exchange - terrific.

Stannis - still the Mannis (and looked like a BAMF marching out of Winterfell).

CG of the dragons toasting and eating that guy -- gruesome as hell, but incredibly well done.

Really terrific episode aside from a few narrative changes which will always be the case.

"A Targaryen alone in the world is a terrible thing": I loved the ambiguity in that line, actually. There's sadness there, but I also read an undercurrent of danger - without guidance, this solo Targaryen could be very bad indeed.

I suppose you could read it that way, but the camera panning directly up to Jon was no coincidence.

She won't be alone much longer either, she will have Tyrion.

I'm slowly having this be one of my favourite GoT episodes ever. The fact that it was pretty much just the North with a great Dany scene to start and a great Tyrion scene to cap it (and one crappy Missandei/Grey Worm scene).

The Stonemen and the fake out ending to the reveal Jorah has greyscale. Did not expect it at all, and one of the first times in a long while I felt tense and thrilled because I had no idea what the hell was going to happen. Best part for me.

Loved just about everything, but I really did enjoy the stuff at Winterfell. Ramsey was back to being his lunatic self. Roose was being Roose. Love Far Walda, and Sansa's reactions to it worked as well as one would expect (she could fake it better, but honestly I would be trying to stab everyone at that point if I was her).

The scene with the dragons was also extremely unexpected, but pretty awesome. Always like seeing proof Dany is crazy and not the white knight messiah.

The wall and Winterfell stuff are amazing.

Aemon and Jon conversation. It’s awesome when Aemon was talking about being a Targaryen all alone in the world then suddenly Jon appears.

Jon and Tormund.

The nightswatch meeting. Jon as the cool lord commander. Stannis and Davos presence are bonus

Jon/ Stannis farewell scene. Definitely going to miss their dynamic.

Sansa dining with the Boltons. Poor Walda’s baby.

Roose telling Ramsay about his mother

Tyrion seeing Drogon

Poor Jorah

- Everything with Tyrion and Jorah, especially Tyrion's reaction to seeing Drogon. I got so excited when I saw the first of the stone men jump into the water.

- Drogon essentially returning home to Valyria

- Sansa saying that Winterfell isn't strange because it's her home, and that it's the people who are strange

- Stannis saying fewer

- Davos telling Shireen to look out for him

Stannis the grammar Nazi.

When Sam reads the letter to Aemon he says that Dany faces enemies both internally and externally, I hope they follow through.

The awkward as all fuck dinner at Winterfell. I would not want to be Sansa or Reek.

I like how Roose was able to channel Ramsey's negative emotions into fighting Stannis.

Drogon flying out of the Valyrian Peninsula.

One thing that needs to be mentioned is the Ashford reference, regarding Robert "going too far west", it's good to see that the showrunners can look at a fucking map, but I still can't forgive them for how nonsensical Robb's campaign was geographically.

Please keep to just positive things about this episode. Thank you.

I think the whole Roose/Ramsay dynamic is shaping up to be the most intriguing thing in the season. It's like this really twisted father/son dynamic, where you aren't quite sure of they are genuinely willing to kill one another. Show Roose/Ramsay is this kind of distorted mirror image of Ned/Jon.

I was SO SO SO cool.

1. Ramsay and Roose. Everything. Ramsay's dinner show, Roose and Walda watching like *grabs popcorn*, Roose trolling Ramsay, Ramsay trying to troll Roose but not succeeding, Roose getting to business. Solid perfection. I can feel the same parallel between Roose and Tywin I felt in the books and given that I loved Tywin too, I'm really glad that at least Roose is still here.

2. Sansa giving perfect reactions.

3. North remembers line, showing the broken tower, got me all nostalgic. Jon Snow going Eddard Stark on Ollie (who's still a dog, if you ask me but never mind) I can feel the rise of the Starks in my veins...

4. Daenerys's naughty children speech.

5. Dragons eating

6. "I don't want to overfeed them"

7. Shireen/Davos/Selyse

7. Shireen and Gilly wave bye to eachother

8. Sam and Gilly discuss knowing things. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful scene.

9. Tormund and Jon

10. Maester Aemon and Sam

11. Maester Aemon and Jon

Sooooo much foreshadowing with Maester Aemon

12. Showing that Theon is not yet fully broken

12. NW debate - perfect portrayal of human narrow-mindedness

13. Stannis's army marches

14. Missandai's opinion

15. Drogon flying over Valyria

16. Valyria

17. Hizdhar's face when Daenerys tells him they'll marry

I JUST LOVED EVERYTHING

I really liked the idea of the dragon feeding scene RhaenysBalerion - I just thought the CG body looked too CG and lacked the wieght and floppiness of flesh. Effects aside, I liked the execution overall. I've been waiting for Dany to start feeding her dragons on people since the end of Season 1, I knew it had to be coming.

1. Ramsay and Roose. Everything. Ramsay's dinner show, Roose and Walda watching like *grabs popcorn*, Roose trolling Ramsay, Ramsay trying to troll Roose but not succeeding, Roose getting to business. Solid perfection. I can feel the same parallel between Roose and Tywin I felt in the books and given that I loved Tywin too, I'm really glad that at least Roose is still here.

Yes, I love those scenes. Just a bit sad we don't have any of the other northern lords in Winterfell :/

I really liked the idea of the dragon feeding scene RhaenysBalerion - I just thought the CG body looked too CG and lacked the wieght and floppiness of flesh. Effects aside, I liked the execution overall. I've been waiting for Dany to start feeding her dragons on people since the end of Season 1, I knew it had to be coming.

Yeah, the CGI body was a little off, but I don't think it affected the quality of the scene on the whole. It was a great scene and it was set up when Barristan warned Daenerys not to become her father. In fact I don't think she's becoming her father because using her dragons as weapons are part of embracing her Targaryen heritage and she will never conquer shit untill she releases her dragons and unleashes her inner fire and blood.

Yes, I love those scenes. Just a bit sad we don't have any of the other northern lords in Winterfell :/

Kungsmurfen :grouphug: :cheers: I haven't seen you around the board in ages. How are you doing?

:blush: Actually, I'm not. I never really cared for Manderly or Maege Mormont, Karstark is out and I'm just happy with Lord Leech :dunno: :blush:

Kungsmurfen :grouphug: :cheers: I haven't seen you around the board in ages. How are you doing?

:blush: Actually, I'm not. I never really cared for Manderly or Maege Mormont, Karstark is out and I'm just happy with Lord Leech :dunno: :blush:

That I wasn't around for ages might have something to do with it ;) I'm all good, hope you are too :cheers:

Well.. I ejoyed the intrigue they brought to the table like Roose not eating anything Manderly didn't eat before and so on but yeah, Roose is the best one :cool4:

Archived