Legends of Tomorrow. Caution, the *spoilers* may unravel your space-time continuum

Bastard of Boston

I watch all 3 shows.   Admittedly, you have to suspend belief to even think about watching a show like Arrow, Flash, and LOT. 

But, with that said, at least a couple of times per show in each of them, it's kinda like.............really? 

16 hours ago, Corvinus said:

What a way for the show to write off all the dumb decisions the team made, and how they managed to fail at killing Savage over and over again. smh

Yeah, it doesn't excuse all the dross we've had to sit through so far in the season, but this was comfortably the best episode of the season.

Wow, that meteorite plot wasn't convoluted at all. :P It's sole purpose was to give more that one character the satisfaction of killing Savage. But I have to ask, the radiation from the meteorites gave Savage, Kendra, and Carter their powers, and now also made Savage mortal. Did it affect any of the other people standing so close to them?

So Kendra and Carter finally managed to do what they couldn't for 4000 years, Rip got in on the action and got revenge for his family, a family that for some reason is still dead despite the fact that Savage got killed in 2021, latest date; Rory got revenge for Snart, but then thanks to Rip he got to say a sort of meaningful good-bye to an ignorant Snart, while Sara also killed Savage which maybe made her feel better for not being there for her sister, and thanks to Rip, she got to say good-bye to a grave? huh... so Sara cannot be sent back far enough to at least have one last conversation with Laurel, but Rory could? And how about that nearly Interstellar ending for Rip, as he flew into that miniature sun.

And let's not forget the brilliant duo that's Firestorm who cannot think outside mission parameters. Save Kendra and Carter from Savage's time ship. Don't destroy the ship. :bang:

Then there was the guy who showed up at the end, but I don't care. The fact the timeline is now "protected" by Rip should scare the shit out of everybody. If only he could recruit Barry, oh the adventures.

But at least Laurel stayed dead, so there's a silver lining there. :laugh:

Well it's been fun, it's been stupid, but now it's good-bye.

3 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Wow, that meteorite plot wasn't convoluted at all. :P It's sole purpose was to give more that one character the satisfaction of killing Savage. But I have to ask, the radiation from the meteorites gave Savage, Kendra, and Carter their powers, and now also made Savage mortal. Did it affect any of the other people standing so close to them?

So Kendra and Carter finally managed to do what they couldn't for 4000 years, Rip got in on the action and got revenge for his family, a family that for some reason is still dead despite the fact that Savage got killed in 2021, latest date; Rory got revenge for Snart, but then thanks to Rip he got to say a sort of meaningful good-bye to an ignorant Snart, while Sara also killed Savage which maybe made her feel better for not being there for her sister, and thanks to Rip, she got to say good-bye to a grave? huh... so Sara cannot be sent back far enough to at least have one last conversation with Laurel, but Rory could? And how about that nearly Interstellar ending for Rip, as he flew into that miniature sun.

And let's not forget the brilliant duo that's Firestorm who cannot think outside mission parameters. Save Kendra and Carter from Savage's time ship. Don't destroy the ship. :bang:

Then there was the guy who showed up at the end, but I don't care. The fact the timeline is now "protected" by Rip should scare the shit out of everybody. If only he could recruit Barry, oh the adventures.

But at least Laurel stayed dead, so there's a silver lining there. :laugh:

Well it's been fun, it's been stupid, but now it's good-bye.

You don't like Hourman? At least the Hawks are gone..for now.

Boy did this season not earn the extended epilogue. I want to care about the future adventures of Sara and Rory and their idiot friends, but I really don't. One less hour spent watching television for me.

2 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Boy did this season not earn the extended epilogue. I want to care about the future adventures of Sara and Rory and their idiot friends, but I really don't. One less hour spent watching television for me.

I've decided not to even start. If it's worse than Flash and Arrow I can do without it in my life.

9 minutes ago, red snow said:

I've decided not to even start. If it's worse than Flash and Arrow I can do without it in my life.

Oh, it's the worst of those three for sure.

Which is a pity, I genuinely think it had potential, but not in the hands of these writers.

So I'll just continue to invest my time and money into iZombie, lest it get cancelled in favour of another superhero show from this production company.

1 hour ago, Jon AS said:

Oh, it's the worst of those three for sure.

Which is a pity, I genuinely think it had potential, but not in the hands of these writers.

So I'll just continue to invest my time and money into iZombie, lest it get cancelled in favour of another superhero show from this production company.

yeah Dr Who mixed with superheroes is a concept that should work. Maybe the actual comics will give it a go and do a better job?

I don't know why I haven't watched iZombie. I loved Veronica Mars and I expect it keeps some of that spirit? Like I said too many shows and not enough time. I bet if I started watching iZombie they'd roll that into the CWDC black hole!

30 minutes ago, red snow said:

I don't know why I haven't watched iZombie. I loved Veronica Mars and I expect it keeps some of that spirit? Like I said too many shows and not enough time. I bet if I started watching iZombie they'd roll that into the CWDC black hole!

iZombie is fucking great and you should definitely start watching it.

I found it nearly impossible to slog through the final few episodes.  I reached a point where I'd get nauseous every time Kendrah was on screen because I was so sick of her entire characterization and plot existing only for the male characters around her.  Vandull was such a lousy villain.  The Snart/Mick farewell was sweet, but of course it only highlights the ridiculousness of Sara not being afforded the same with her own sister.  I'm sure there were production reasons Sara couldn't get a goodbye with Laurel, but the optics of it still annoys.  And of course all of the time travel issues with the "time can't be changed but it can if it works with the actor's contracts or if we just want it to change for whatever dumb plot reason" bullshit.

The one thing this show had going for it was that it was still somewhat fun.  That might have brought me back if it weren't for all of the other superhero lineup on CW next year.  I can't stomach any of the other shows so I definitely have no reason to tune back into this crap.  Well, maybe if Jonah shows up again.

12 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I'm sure there were production reasons Sara couldn't get a goodbye with Laurel, but the optics of it still annoys.

Were there? I mean, Laurel, or what's-the-name-of-the-actress, was on Flash. So, I am not sure about production reasons? I feel that may be more of pure old laziness :)

17 minutes ago, Risto said:

Were there? I mean, Laurel, or what's-the-name-of-the-actress, was on Flash. So, I am not sure about production reasons? I feel that may be more of pure old laziness :)

My brain just tries to make up legitimate excuses for things, even knowing that the team that creates these shows are beyond terrible.  I'm trying to pretend there just wasn't enough money to pay her for three shows in one week, but it's really probably that the writers didn't realize how dumb it was.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

My brain just tries to make up legitimate excuses for things, even knowing that the team that creates these shows are beyond terrible.  I'm trying to pretend there just wasn't enough money to pay her for three shows in one week, but it's really probably that the writers didn't realize how dumb it was.

Not in Kansas anymore :D

IDK, the season was a mess, but I feel like finale cut the bad parts and allowed those semi-interesting crew members to shine... I won't miss either one of those three.

That said, entire CWDC-verse is moving to summer, as far as I am concerned. You know that time in August, when you have nothing to watch on TV. Well, now it is reserved for these guys.

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Archived