Legends of Tomorrow. Caution, the *spoilers* may unravel your space-time continuum

Bastard of Boston

Not only did they have Savage helpless and in their power again this week, Kendra was right in the room with him! What the fuck are the writers for this show on that they don't notice a plothole that big?

They really should have left Savage out of this episode. The prison break stuff worked, probably because it's such a straightforward plot that even this show can't fuck it up. Snart being the moral compass for Sara seems an odd choice, I'm just going to assume he's simply saying what he thinks will get him into her pants.

The future setting is a chance for the show to do something new, and there's hopefully going to be relatively little handwringing about not disturbing the timeline. It was a little odd that, right after being told that they were 30 years in the future, people just assumed the guy in the hood had to be Oliver.

On Snartk, he did fairly recently kill his father, maybe that gave him some perspective. :dunno: Also I do quite like Ray's interactions with the Heatwave and Cold, though hopefully it's actually going somewhere. I thought Hawkgirl might be better without Hawkboy (if she's girl he's boy,) but nope.

I'm trying to be forgiving, but Savage is pretty useless, couldn't they power him up with something?

Also they totally just left a whole prison full of people to be blown up by a nuclear weapon.

So far, this show isn't what I wanted it to be. The trailers were so good. So far, I've actually fallen asleep during the last two episodes, having to go back and watch what I've missed on my DVR. I'm hopeful for the next batch of episodes, as post-Apocalyptic futures have always been a bright spot for me. I do see the irony in that statement.

Vandal Savage is a problem. He is not strong enough of an antagonist to carry an entire season. Especially not if they are going to keep passing up all these sweet opportunities to kill him. 

And did they just out the Green Arrow's secret identity in front of two notorious, hardened criminals?

21 minutes ago, The_Gallows_Knight said:

And did they just out the Green Arrow's secret identity in front of two notorious, hardened criminals?

Of course they did... Writers just believe they will forget it, at the earliest convenience :)

I think it's pretty obvious at this point that the producers bit off more than they could chew with this concept.

Sara and Snart are the two characters that work best, I'm having an increasingly difficult time feeling invested in anybody else on the team.

Looking back at my hope of there'd be no handwringing over timeline disturbances, we totally got that. Instead we got arguments over whether there'd even be a point in interfering in a future that will never come to pass if they succeed...

Random things I'm wondering about after this episode:

What were people doing in Star City if it has been a postapocalyptic hellhole for 15 years?

Has the entirety of the United States fallen to pieces? If not, why does one fairly unimpressive guy in a mask get to take over an entire city without the government interfering?

Nobody thought to look for Oliver in the Arrowcave after he went missing?

Was Diggle's son changeing his name the lamest excuse to have a character with the name of a comics character in the history of the Arrowverse? Or was that an attempt at a Terminator joke?

The best thing you could think of to give Kendra something to do was an adolescent love triangle, writers?

Speaking of Kendra: did you guys know that until a few months ago she was a Barrista?

Also: Ray, you're supposed to be an adult human being, what on earth made you think this was a good time to hit on her?

4 hours ago, Jon AS said:

Also: Ray, you're supposed to be an adult human being, what on earth made you think this was a good time to hit on her?

Hasn't it been like two weeks since her reincarnated lover died? I was never sold on the relationship but it still seems a little rushed. The writers seems to be throwing everything at the wall and waiting to see what sticks. It's becoming pretty clear that they don't know what to do with so many characters. 

And was Sara not even a little curious about what happened to Sara Diggle? 

4 hours ago, Selysin said:

Hasn't it been like two weeks since her reincarnated lover died? I was never sold on the relationship but it still seems a little rushed.

That's what I meant. There's potentially a time and a place to explore this relationship dynamic, but this wasn't it.

4 hours ago, Selysin said:

It's becoming pretty clear that they don't know what to do with so many characters. 

Sadly the exact same problem they already had on Arrow and The Flash. They are clearly trying, though, mixing up the pairings a bit every episode, but it's not really working.

I think this episode proved that the CW requires each show to fulfill some sort of love triangle plot each season.  It was so random and so unnecessary.  Like really, the only thing that came out of that was me yelling at the Kendra on tv that Ray is a stalker and that Kendra made a completely obvious statement that she's not ready.  Geez.  

The problem is aimlessness. They know approximately what these characters are supposed to do - kill Savage, but they are still struggling with making Savage worthier than usual weekly villain. The entire story and the storylines within are huge mess. There is no cohesiveness, something to hold all these characters in line.

I thought for a second Kendra was going to chew Ray out, for the pretty much immediate objectification of her. Stein was right, they are meant to be a team, professionalism is called for. But no she basically just confirmed that she'll be up for relationships in a little while.

On 29.2.2016 at 3:21 AM, The BlackBear said:

I thought for a second Kendra was going to chew Ray out, for the pretty much immediate objectification of her. Stein was right, they are meant to be a team, professionalism is called for. But no she basically just confirmed that she'll be up for relationships in a little while.

And "in a little while" apparently means one week.

So far we haven't had much cause to complain about them underusing the Waverider, but this week we learned it's an actual spaceship. So they could pick up Savage and drop him into the sun if they wanted to.

There are also "time pirates" (pity they aren't 'bandits' instead). What in the world could be worth it to go through the whole trap setup once you've already stolen a time machine? That's not an entirely rhetorical question, I think I may have missed the explanation. On the other hand they were led by a Cylon, so it's possible their plan just sucks.

Speaking of sucking: our heroes - excuse me: Legends - walk straight into the trap they all agreed was indeed a trap beforehand. Yeah, Rip's wife and child are totally screwed, aren't they? Not to mention the rest of humanity.

Archived