What's annoying you today? Part the grievous

Arkhangel

There is a bird with a death wish in the tree right outside our bedroom window (prepositional phrases). It woke me at 5:45 a.m. and has been trilling its joy and enthusiasm about some damn thing. The window is shut and drapes drawn, and it sounds like it is sitting on the head board above me twittering away.

We live in the city and cannot discharge any kind of firearm inside the limits. And I don't know how to load and fire the shotgun. If I could remove these small obstacles, the bird would be blown away - with quite a bit of foliage.

My gripe is quite trivial compared to missed interviews, burglaries, IELTS questions (that is a terribly boring question, by the way), undiagnosable diseases (on House, the first diagnosis always seems to lupus, you don't want that), mosquito bites (they don't bother with me, I must taste bad) and incorrectly installed appliances.

Now at 11:17 it has decided to take a nap.  Me, too.  -_-

Jeez, that sucks Joe. Glad they didn't get away with too much of your stuff, at least.

My petty gripe of the day is people getting changed in the toilet stalls at the gym. I get that some people are shy and self-conscious about changing in front of others, and that's why we have four private changing cubicles. There are 50+ women in the gym at any given time, there are five toilets in the women's change-rooms, and occupying any of those for the length of time it takes to get changed whilst the changing cubicles are empty and right there is just selfish.

My friend offered to house and dog sit for a few days. I had already made arrangements but she was so adamant and after giving worst case scenario and trying to scare her off, she was still insistent.  So I gave her profuse thanks and left her with my beloved pup.

Fucking all day everyday she has called or texted complaining about how awful it is. Even during a funeral she knew i was attending she called and texted multiple times demanding i pick up the phone. It's not even big stuff. Like just having to feed the dog or that he sits on his bed a lot is apparently awful. I'm so annoyed, and torn between being grateful for the 'help' and being really angry that shes acting like this. 

i got myself worked up over basically nothing and let my depression get the worst of me again and now my face really hurts from crying so much and i have a massive headache lmao yay for being a 22 year old woman who is a gigantic cry baby 

• 2 weeks later...

Indirect colleagues/supervisors at work. I get that you come from a culture which places a very high value on politeness, but if you want me to do the thing, please just say to me "do the thing." You can add as many pleases and thank yous as you like, and I promise I will not ever be annoyed. What I will be annoyed by is you strongly hinting at what you want me to do, and then saying it is up to me to make the decision. It's not up to me, and that's fine because you're the boss, just please say what you want, don't make me guess.

Weather annoys me to the fullest these days. We have cloudy 30ºC temperatures with uncharacteristically high humidity one moment and thunderstorms the next! And when I say thunderstorms I mean the kind that uproots trees.

And the fact I'm complaining about the weather annoys me even more. I just wish proper summer to begin already.

1 hour ago, baxusz said:

Weather annoys me to the fullest these days. We have cloudy 30ºC temperatures with uncharacteristically high humidity one moment and thunderstorms the next! And when I say thunderstorms I mean the kind that uproots trees.

And the fact I'm complaining about the weather annoys me even more. I just wish proper summer to begin already.

Complaining about the weather? Your British citizenship status should be coming through any day now ;) 

My uni is annoying me, messing us around about our results for the summer exams. We've been told three dates so far, all of which have passed with no mention of our results coming out, and no explanation of why not. Hmmph

8 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

Complaining about the weather? Your British citizenship status should be coming through any day now ;) 

Hell, getting a British citizenship would make a lot of things easier. ;) 

Tonight I had some cooking class part of which was supposed to take place outdoors but had to be postponed for tomorrow because we've had a hailstorm that pretty much put an end to any outdoor activity for tonight.

That's just NOT an expected later-half-of-June weather for Belgrade. We should all be wearing flip-flops and having drinks by the riverside at this time of the year.

Went to speak to a counselor today. The one I saw before is gone for the summer, so I have a temp now I guess. She seems too... hands-on/practical for my liking -- such as suggesting exercise and diet stuff. I'm already on those things. I want something that involves more psychological analyses. I'll see how my next appointment or so goes, then I may switch to someone else.

LUSH!

your bath bombs look pretty and smell nice, but they are so full of schmutz... Flower petals, herbs, confetti, glitter... Schmutz.

My tub at the moment looks like a teletubbie-unicorn murder-suicide. 

Please have a schmutz, dye, and gimmick free line of bath bombs. It's counter productive to have to spend 30 min cleaning up after spending £4 to relax in the first place. 

3 hours ago, Martell Spy said:

I want to call out website writers that put GOT spoilers (which are now WOW spoilers as well) in the title of their stories. F you. May you end up in Ramsey's dungeon.

Regarding GoT TV series, I am very annoyed by the fact that every time I say I don't like something in the show people dismiss it with "you want everything to be like the book" even though I've made it very clear by word and deed that I've considered TV series and the books as separate entities from the get go and especially after all the major deviations from the source material that started with season 5.

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 1:36 PM, Martell Spy said:

I want to call out website writers that put GOT spoilers (which are now WOW spoilers as well) in the title of their stories. F you. May you end up in Ramsey's dungeon.

YES ! Not to mention the fact Ive seen spoilers at least three times in the tvshow section on here for this season. So f'ing angry about that. 

ON a different note - sick to death of opening up my news apps and seeing nothing but Kardashians. Why wont they go away.....

My old housemate finally took all of her shit after moving out over a year ago which- yay! But it also sucks because me and one of my roommates were sharing her king sized mattress...Which means until Monday (when we're getting our new mattress) we have to sleep on the floor... My back is already killing me after one night.

Archived