Speculation : Samwell will be captured by Euron

IdoTheChoombi

A little idea I came up with during an Omegle talk about the book series.

Now, the thing about non-POV main characters is that they usually have a pov following them, Stannis had Davos, then Jon, then Asha, and seemingly now Theon and Areo's only reason for existing is that we wouldn't know what Doran's actually planning while still witnessing everything he does,

Euron was watched by a mix of Aeron and Victarion, But, Victarion is simply physically too far from Euron for them to meet again anytime soon, and Aeron is in hiding, and his plot seems to be heading towards him being the driving force behind Euron's inevitable fall from power - that, or trying to rebel and fail.   if he and Euron do meet I Imagine it will be their last meeting and will end in one of them killing the other.

So we have no one on Euron! now of course, there is the possibility that we just won't see Euron until he meets one of the other greyjoys, but how about we get another POV to watch him, we alread know that sam is currently at Oldtown and that Euron is planning to attack it, so obviously Sam and Euron will have some sort of interaction.

So my guess - and it is just a guess, is that Sam will get captured by Euron, and then be our eyes and ears to know what's going on with him.

Feel free to debunk me, I stand armed and ready to defend my BS theory.

You have conversations about asoiaf on Omegle and all I get are offers and requests of dick picks? Talk about unfair. 

Anyway, that's an interaction I'd like to see. I loved the little moments between Sam and Melisandre, so it'd be cool to have him face another dark, mysterious character, and one more frightening to boot. I mean it's certainly possible, at least, so who knows. 

I think there's likely a high probability that Euron will come to Oldtown whilst Sam is there... but I'd hope Sam would escape.  I don't see their arcs converging for an extended period but who knows?!

Agree that Euron needs some character near him unless he gets his own POV... but I thought we weren't supposed to get new POV's?

You know this is not a bad idea at all.   Sam comes in contact with magical creatures, Coldhands, Mel, Other, Bran, why not expose him to another dark spooky seemingly magical Euron?   That could go a lot of different ways and Sam gains more experience.  Sam is smart enough to see through Euron and possibly debunk some of his PR.  

I'm hoping Sam will put his newly honed archery skills to use; join forces with Sarella and feather Euron's "smiling" eye while she takes the other.

I am prepared to accept Sam flinging a ham on him from atop the Hightower, however.

7 minutes ago, hiemal said:

I'm hoping Sam will put his newly honed archery skills to use; join forces with Sarella and feather Euron's "smiling" eye while she takes the other.

Mithras had a nice theory about that, I think it has a good possibility.  Sam is the slayer afterall.

I think Sam has too much to learn to get captured by Euron.

9 hours ago, aryagonnakill#2 said:

Mithras had a nice theory about that, I think it has a good possibility.  Sam is the slayer afterall.

Eh, never cared too much for the "Sam kills Euron" theory, seems rather weird to me that he'll just die like this, this early, without causing any serious impact to Greenlanders, and without Aeron having any part in it.

I think Sam has too much to learn to get captured by Euron.

Perhaps, I do very much like all the citadel's conspiracy theories, if my speculation is correct then that basically confirms all those as mostly false, maybe we'll just find out about it in Dany's pov through Marwin, what can Sam find out anyway? he's just a novice, not even a full-fledged maester(nor will he be at any point of the story, if I remember it right Training to be a maester takes a few good years), so it's not like he'll be allowed to wander around anywhere he wants.

1 minute ago, Damp Hair - The Prophet said:

^Includes: Devils Food Cake, Red Velvet Donuts, Ginger Snap Cookies, Chocolate Moose, et cetera.

If you're any of those you certainly don't go near Sam. In all seriousness though I really think Sam would kill him as ridiculous as that is just my two cents.

Archived