[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

1 minute ago, OldGimletEye said:

Yeah, I am seriously confused about what D & D think were supposed to think about Ellaria and the Sanfakes. Are we supposed to see them as villains? Or are we supposed to see them as "empowered" women. I don't know where D & D are going with that.

If it's the second, then I think that is highly troubling. On another thread, I compared Ellaria with General Scott, from the movie Seven Days In May, adding to the plot that General Scott murders the president's family. Would General Scott be a hero if he were female? I think rational people would say "no". With D & D, I have no idea.

Is that the old movie with B. Lancaster and K. Douglas? Good movie.

But yeah, with Ellaria and the snakes, it's confusing. Or maybe it isn't and it's just me, but I have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean other than "very bad", in every possible sense.

So, I know this is a minor complain if you compared it with the others, but: What the hell happened with Arya's training? I mean, I'm not even talking about shear stupidity of the scene in this episode (it seems that Braavosi are used to beating of  blind kids). I'm talking about the purpose or the methods of "learning", whatever do they teach (I'm not sure and I think nobody is). In the books it's standard (but well written) process of stage learning. Arya is given a task, she must figure out what the point of the task is, learn it, pass a "test" and then she's on next stage (like video games). And we can clearly see the whole process (or most of it).

But in the show? Pffffffffffff. What's the point of any of her tasks. Did she learn anything? Why haven't we see any progress (even worse she regress as a character, she just wines "Eeeee, why are you doing this to me?") and proves that she DIDIN'T LEARN A THING. But OTOH I can't blame here, because it's quite obvious that in HoBaW don't have a clue what "a thing" is.

Ugh, my head hurts.

11 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Considering Sophie has a obvious crush on Nikolaj I'd imagine she wouldn't object to this plot line. Hell she might demand a sex scene with him

If it ever happens I will literally throw up.

12 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

LOL. So true.
Why are we supposed to give a fuck about poor old WamsaySue and his problems? Why do D & D think anybody, in their right mind, would give a fuck?

Ramsay is the most sympathetic male character left in Westeros:

• Despite pulling off a miraculous victory against Stannis near single-handedly (and let's not forget that guy had both a larger army and the blessing of R'hllor), he stills gets no respect from dear old dad!
  • Worse still, daddy Roose already loves his unborn younger brother more than him - oh no!
  • His new step mum won't even talk to him.
  • Unlike pretty much everyone else on the show who inherited their status, he worked his way up from humble bastard to heir to the North. So he's an inspiring self-made man!
  • He saw the good in Theon when all anyone else saw was a child-murdering traitor. Through tough love, patience and psychology he reformed him.
  • He was forced into a loveless arranged marriage, causing friction between him and his true love, the kennel master's daughter!
  • The love triangle got totally out of hand and his wife murdered his true love!
  • His best (and possibly only) friend Reek ran off with his wife!
  • He chose a poetic and environmentally-friendly way to dispose of his girlfriend's body, but everyone treats him likes he's a weirdo. Argh! No one understands his sensitive soul!

Ramsay's life is such a soap opera that after he is seemingly killed on the show, he'll travel to the far side of Planetos and found Ramsay Street, which will forever honour his memory (as chronicled in Neighbours).

5 minutes ago, HairGrowsBack said:

If it ever happens I will literally throw up.

Well, she loves Batfinger, and he basically had her father killed. She might as well love Larry as well since he tried to kill two of her brothers and her father. But she's empowered, right?

10 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

If it's the second, then I think that is highly troubling. On another thread, I compared Ellaria with General Scott, from the movie Seven Days In May, adding to the plot that General Scott murders the president's family. Would General Scott be a hero if he were female? I think rational people would say "no". With D & D, I have no idea.

8 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

But yeah, with Ellaria and the snakes, it's confusing. Or maybe it isn't and it's just me, but I have no idea what any of that is supposed to mean other than "very bad", in every possible sense.

If they are trying to make the snakes into some sort of sympathetic anti-heroines it has failed badly.  I have never found myself pulling for them in any way.

12 minutes ago, Stannis is the man....nis said:

Hey the heart wants what it wants:

Sophie: Awesome so I get a sex scene with Nikolaj!

D&D: I dunno he is a married man we might use a body double

Sophie: I WANT HIM DAMMIT!!

D&D: 0______0

:rofl:

12 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Well, she loves Batfinger, and he basically had her father killed. She might as well love Larry as well since he tried to kill two of her brothers and her father. But she's empowered, right?

Nevermind, I forgot he's not Jaime for a little while. Fansa can have Larry , for all I care.

1 minute ago, CrastorsLivingSon said:

Am I the only one really waiting on pins and needles to see what Linda has to say?  

Though if she watched that Ep and decided; "Oh hell no I can't, I just can't do this to myself for 10 Episodes."  I get that too.  :D

Her review is on YouTube.  I watched it this morning. :)

18 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

• Despite pulling off a miraculous victory against Stannis near single-handedly (and let's not forget that guy had both a larger army and the blessing of R'hllor), he stills gets no respect from dear old dad!
  • Worse still, daddy Roose already loves his unborn younger brother more than him - oh no!
  • Unlike pretty much everyone else on the show who inherited their status, he worked his way up from humble bastard to heir to the North. So he's an inspiring self-made man!
  • He saw the good in Theon when all anyone else saw was a child-murdering traitor. Through tough love, patience and psychology he reformed him.
  • He was forced into a loveless arranged marriage, causing friction between him and his true love, the kennel master's daughter!
  • The love triangle got totally out of hand and his wife murdered his true love!
  • He chose a poetic and environmentally-friendly way to dispose of his girlfriend's body, but everyone treats him likes he's a weirdo. Argh! No one understands his sensitive soul!

Ramsay's life is such a soap opera that after he is seemingly killed on the show, he'll travel to the far side of Planetos and found Ramsay Street, which will forever honour his memory (as chronicled in Neighbours).

:lmao:

36 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

Love it.

1 hour ago, Ruhail said:

:lmao: 10/10 if this happens XD

Well, Jaime and Cersie is being set up to fall apart because Jaime is going to find out about her screwing Lancel, either from the high Septon, then confirmed by Lancel or whatever. He is going to brood over it while on the way and at the siege of Riverrun. The Frey's behavior will disgust him and I am 100% sure he will meet with Sansa through Briene. Now, as shallow as D&D&C are, they will play up all of the hard lessons of manipulation that Sansa has "endured" and let this loose. It will feel wrong of course but that is exactly why I think it is plausable. Everyone says that Sansa is going to become the Queen in the North and if Rickon dies, Bran not returned and maybe Edmure dies, she has two by blood right there. A younger, more beautiful one will take all she holds dear.

5 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

Well, Jaime and Cersie is being set up to fall apart because Jaime is going to find out about her screwing Lancel, either from the high Septon, then confirmed by Lancel or whatever. He is going to brood over it while on the way and at the siege of Riverrun. The Frey's behavior will disgust him and I am 100% sure he will meet with Sansa through Briene. Now, as shallow as D&D&C are, they will play up all of the hard lessons of manipulation that Sansa has "endured" and let this loose. It will feel wrong of course but that is exactly why I think it is plausable. Everyone says that Sansa is going to become the Queen in the North and if Rickon dies, Bran not returned and maybe Edmure dies, she has two by blood right there. A younger, more beautiful one will take all she holds dear.

Man, I would hate that with a fire of a thousands suns - so I suppose it will happen. :tantrum:

11 minutes ago, Ser Quork said:

Man, I would hate that with a fire of a thousands suns - so I suppose it will happen. :tantrum:

Well, there are some hints. Sophie recently said that "Jaime is awesome" and she is known to like "older men" and she has hinted that she gets to "interact" with a character that she has not yet but has wanted to for a long time and she will. Also, the show runners are callous and will never give us a Jaime/Briene because they seem to think two "beautiful" people make better pairings (Beauty in their shallow eyes and minds is skin deep but we know better, like the heart for one thing) and so, it would fit a romantic vibe and since they introduced the prophecy taking all that Cersei hold dear, I do not think it will be Margeary Boleyn  and Dany is too far away yet but Sansa is the one she has the long history with and she is there.

5 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

Tks, @Ruhail for the link.

Soooo, ToJ ep 3 confirmed.

http://i.4cdn.org/tv/1461777073131.png

Do we find out in that episode that Ned Stark actually raped, tortured and murdered Lyanna,  and that's why she died,just so we can see that, in reality, Ramsay isn't that bad of a guy, all things considered?

And we'll find out that Ned killed Lyanna because, why? Revenge, that's why. It turns out that Ned was still mad that Lyanna wouldn't play right field, because she wanted to play first base, when they were kids playing little league baseball.

Archived