[Spoilers] Rant and Rave Without Reprecussions - Season 6, Tally-Ho

Ran

2 minutes ago, Prince of the North said:

:eek: WOW!  I like it! Thanks, that was...quite interesting:thumbsup:

I was looking for an interview with Siddig, and came across it. I thought it was intersting too. 

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

http://www.vulture.com/2016/04/game-of-thrones-dorne-plot-whats-going-on.html

<...>

Throughout it all, there's been little indication why anyone is doing the things they're doing. 

The whole plot line suffers from a lack of context: The only thing that matters is what's happening onscreen at that exact moment.

Two strong points applying to the majority of the show, in my view.

20 minutes ago, voodooqueen126 said:

It's impossible for Sansa to be a lesbian because she is conventionally attractive. Just as it is impossible for Brienne to be straight because she is plain.:stillsick::bang:

Maybe they'll make it a butch/femme relationship in the Show

9 minutes ago, SeanF said:

Maybe they'll make it a butch/femme relationship in the Show

true. true.

Also the idea that now that Sansa has been raped so she now hates men/is no longer a silly romatic... that is a really strange message for heterosexual men to promote. Just Saying.

Haven't read it all yet, but here it is:

http://blacknerdproblems.com/game-of-thrones-recap-the-red-woman/

<...>

At Winterfell, Ramsay is also mourning “she who smells like dog.” So… not that your boy’s acting was bad, and not that I can’t believe that Ramsay would be genuinely sad that the girl he was banging but constantly telling wasn’t shit — or at least wasn’t shit next to Sansa — got tossed off a 6-story catwalk. What I’m saying is, *I* don’t give a fuck. Ramsay is Satan, bruh. And not like, he lost his love and became Satan as a result. As in, he was on vacation from hell when his boo happened get the sudden stop on the stone floor. Ain’t nobody out here droppin’ my well-earned thug tears for this shit, man.

Then Roose is like, defeating Stannis was a good victory. Also, defeating Stannis wasn’t shit and you should feel fucking ashamed. Roose be the king of mixed signals, fam. Can you imagine if Roose was your driving instructor?

Roose: That’s a good job with your maneuverability test. You didn’t hit one cone. I’m genuinely impressed.

You: Thanks I’ve been prac–

Roose: You also hit a fire hydrant, sideswiped a child in a wheel chair and t-boned your own mother’s car who is currently on her way to the emergency room. So… 83%. Good job. Maybe. 

Theon “don’t call me Reek or ask where the rest of my fingers are” Greyjoy and Sansa are running for their lives through the snow. Look man, I know these cats ain’t exactly been training for the Brooklyn Half Marathon or anything, but this “escaping” shit is pathetic. Had they not invented adrenaline yet? What link a Maester gotta get on his chain for that shit to come back to the world like fuckin’ dragons? Sansa spent all that time in the tower and ain’t been watching nary an episode of Underground ‘cuz she ain’t inspired by survival enough. Seriously, if we recast Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Sansa right now, who says no to that?! Sansa can’t even cross the cold water to save her life, fam? My folks that endure Minnesota winters every year probably rolled their eyes hard enough to fuck up their TV reception at that shit. There’s some hot cocoa on the other side Sansa, your ass gonna be aiight.

18 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

<...>

At Winterfell, Ramsay is also mourning “she who smells like dog.” So… not that your boy’s acting was bad, and not that I can’t believe that Ramsay would be genuinely sad that the girl he was banging but constantly telling wasn’t shit — or at least wasn’t shit next to Sansa — got tossed off a 6-story catwalk. What I’m saying is, *I* don’t give a fuck. Ramsay is Satan, bruh. And not like, he lost his love and became Satan as a result. As in, he was on vacation from hell when his boo happened get the sudden stop on the stone floor. Ain’t nobody out here droppin’ my well-earned thug tears for this shit, man.

Then Roose is like, defeating Stannis was a good victory. Also, defeating Stannis wasn’t shit and you should feel fucking ashamed. Roose be the king of mixed signals, fam. Can you imagine if Roose was your driving instructor?

Roose: That’s a good job with your maneuverability test. You didn’t hit one cone. I’m genuinely impressed.

You: Thanks I’ve been prac–

Roose: You also hit a fire hydrant, sideswiped a child in a wheel chair and t-boned your own mother’s car who is currently on her way to the emergency room. So… 83%. Good job. Maybe. 

Theon “don’t call me Reek or ask where the rest of my fingers are” Greyjoy and Sansa are running for their lives through the snow. Look man, I know these cats ain’t exactly been training for the Brooklyn Half Marathon or anything, but this “escaping” shit is pathetic. Had they not invented adrenaline yet? What link a Maester gotta get on his chain for that shit to come back to the world like fuckin’ dragons? Sansa spent all that time in the tower and ain’t been watching nary an episode of Underground ‘cuz she ain’t inspired by survival enough. Seriously, if we recast Jurnee Smollett-Bell as Sansa right now, who says no to that?! Sansa can’t even cross the cold water to save her life, fam? My folks that endure Minnesota winters every year probably rolled their eyes hard enough to fuck up their TV reception at that shit. There’s some hot cocoa on the other side Sansa, your ass gonna be aiight.

I love this guy.  He is totally hysterical.  And oh so right.

I can't even with people who are like, sure, I understand that Sansa so stupid she's afraid of cold water and prefers to get caught by the Boltons again.  For fuck's sake, did the dummy forget they threw Myranda off the wall?  LMAO.

11 minutes ago, Cas Stark said:

I love this guy.  He is totally hysterical.  And oh so right.

I can't even with people who are like, sure, I understand that Sansa so stupid she's afraid of cold water and prefers to get caught by the Boltons again.  For fuck's sake, did the dummy forget they threw Myranda off the wall?  LMAO.

Yeah, I know, it's utterly stupid, end of story.

"Had they not invented adrenaline yet?" :rofl:

I am going to place this here as why not? I think I have a theory that may be kinda valid for how the Sansa, Riverlands, Jaime and eventually the Battle of the bastards may end up but also, Cersei's prophecy as to her losing all that she holds dear = Jaime is a big part of that and it will not be his death.

This may seem crazy but this is D&D&C we are talking about.

Now, there have been rumors of Sansa and there are scenes of Briene at Riverun or nearby filming. I think Sansa and co goes with Briene on that "other way around" Moat Cailin so as not to be detected and Sansa, wait for it, ends up seducing Jaime and there is a big ruse to have Riverrun capitulate and at the celebration dinner at the Twins, which is full of Lannnisters, the Reynes of Castamere will be played by Lannister minstrels and then the Lannisters, along with the BWB who will have come in with them, will take out the Freys. Then, the entire group, maybe with some hostages we did not know about will meet up with Vale forces and hit the Boltons to save Jon and the Wildings.

Reports that Jaime melts I think will be his heart for Sansa, thus after Tommen's death or right before, Cersei will get wind of and a younger more beautiful "Queen" will have taken all that she holds dear.  I could see Cerei will go completely nuts and burn Kings Landing to the ground if Tommen dies and then learns of this.

Now, I sure as hell do not want this as show Jaime, like the books tried to kill Bran who is the rightful King in the North but  I think since the show is going way out of the book zone, this is something they may do.

2 hours ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

I think show!Brienne has more in common with Jason Voorhees: a hulking murder machine that can appear out of nowhere and magically track teenage girls.

Well, Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th part VIII, Jason takes Manhattan, basically can teleport about anywhere. And I know a couple sand snakes that can do the same. So clearly we know where the Ds are getting their inspiration.

6 hours ago, Le Cygne said:

So let's pretend Sandor (a man, gasp!) didn't listen to Sansa and put her first, repeatedly risking his neck to protect her and save her life, then did the same for her bratty sister. That's his entire story, 2 seasons devoted to her, and another 2 seasons devoted to her sister, and he "did it for her" (their words).

[Excellent points omitted for length]

So I'm supposed to care about random meaningless bullshit, and not the actual story they have been telling because ???

:agree: 

14 minutes ago, SuperMario said:

Well, Jason Voorhees in Friday the 13th part VIII, Jason takes Manhattan, basically can teleport about anywhere. And I know a couple sand snakes that can do the same. So clearly we know where the Ds are getting their inspiration.

Hmm, with all this talk of Jamie melting, maybe it'll be in Riverrun's radioactive sewer waters? (NSFW) https://youtu.be/voA4rLos-CE?t=6m28s

Incidentally, Part VIII is actually my favourite instalment, it was pretty much self-parody - which requires a measure of self-awareness that I don't think D&D can hope to aspire to.

51 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

I am going to place this here as why not? I think I have a theory that may be kinda valid for how the Sansa, Riverlands, Jaime and eventually the Battle of the bastards may end up but also, Cersei's prophecy as to her losing all that she holds dear = Jaime is a big part of that and it will not be his death.

Now, there have been rumors of Sansa and there are scenes of Briene at Riverun or nearby filming. I think Sansa and co goes with Briene on that "other way around" Moat Cailin so as not to be detected and Sansa, wait for it, ends up seducing Jaime and there is a big ruse to have Riverrun capitulate and at the celebration dinner at the Twins, which is full of Lannnisters, the Reynes of Castamere will be played by Lannister minstrels and then the Lannisters, along with the BWB who will have come in with them, will take out the Freys. Then, the entire group, maybe with some hostages we did not know about will meet up with Vale forces and hit the Boltons to save Jon and the Wildings.

Reports that Jaime melts I think will be his heart for Sansa, thus after Tommen's death or right before, Cersei will get wind of and a younger more beautiful "Queen" will have taken all that she holds dear.  I could see Cerei will go completely nuts and burn Kings Landing to the ground if Tommen dies and then learns of this.

Now, I sure as hell do not want this as show Jaime, like the books tried to kill Bran who is the rightful King in the North but  I think since the show is going way out of the book zone, this is something they may do.

:lmao: 10/10 if this happens XD

1 hour ago, kissdbyfire said:

<...>

At Winterfell, Ramsay is also mourning “she who smells like dog.” So… not that your boy’s acting was bad, and not that I can’t believe that Ramsay would be genuinely sad that the girl he was banging but constantly telling wasn’t shit — or at least wasn’t shit next to Sansa — got tossed off a 6-story catwalk. What I’m saying is, *I* don’t give a fuck. Ramsay is Satan, bruh.

LOL. So true.
Why are we supposed to give a fuck about poor old WamsaySue and his problems? Why do D & D think anybody, in their right mind, would give a fuck?

3 hours ago, Coby's Watch said:

Just one really important thing that DD and perhaps also some other people („show defenders“ - I actually don’t want to call them like that) don’t get: In literature as well as in serious visual mediums, it is the journey that matters. I mean who really thought that Harry Potter won’t win against Voldemort, who really thought that Mr Darcy and Liz will not end up as a couple. E.g. The Death of the Salesman, I mean the major plot is already spoiled in the title but the death of Willy Lowman is not the point of the story, important is the way in which or for what he died. The characters develop; they are confronted with serious dilemma and stuff. In most and especially in classic literature (also mostly the literature one reads in schools), the end is predictable. But it is not the end that makes the story; it is the part in between.

Then there is another thing, people don’t get: There are 2 different types of formula available in art. These formulas are linked with what I said before. We have “form follows function” versus “function follows form” aka “characters follow plot” and “plot follows characters”. If I decide to do “characters follow plot” thus “function follows form”, we will get a boring, predictable, mostly stereotypical, plot in which characters behave the way the plot demands them to behave. And I think, probably since season 4, we have exactly this in GOT. Characters don’t create the plot themselves, but the plot demands the characters to be created (or depicted in a certain way). And this leads to multiple personality disorder in characters such as Sansa, Jamie et al. As a result, characters in GOT are first and foremost empty shells, figures on a chess board; thus they need to be filled with whatever the plot demands.

In addition, I want to add that I am actually over GOT. I don’t care anymore, I just find everything ridiculous. However, there is one thing left that really bothers me (I could go nuts), namely: people don’t stop claiming that GOT is a high-quality TV show. Sorry, I have no problem with people that like and enjoy this show, I just have a problem with those kind of people that don’t want to admit that it is just Sunday evening entertainment. I mean it is totally fine to watch nonsense in TV, I actually often do this, BUT please don’t try to tell me that GOT or CSI or whatever are quality drama, please :bang:

I thought I'd give this a bump. I realize we are all experienced ranters on this thread, but this post really got to me and I give it a big thumbs up.

It really is a show where characters fill whatever the episode requires, and that makes it more of a daytime soap with a budget than the Sopranos. 

50 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

10 minutes ago, Ruhail said:

:lmao: 10/10 if this happens XD

+1

Out there though

7 minutes ago, OldGimletEye said:

LOL. So true.
Why are we supposed to give a fuck about poor old WamsaySue and his problems? Why do D & D think anybody, in their right mind, would give a fuck?

I have no idea. But there's just so many completely insane things happening... I won't get over the fact that Ellaria and the snakes just murdered three innocent people and are supposed to be cheered because it was a "women on top" empowering move? The only thing these women should be on top of is an electroconvulsive therapy table.  

I mean, that's almost as fucked up as Wamsay Sue, hunter, rapist and flayer of women to be shown pouting because his gf got killed. 

50 minutes ago, Sir Loin Steak said:

:agree: 

Hmm, with all this talk of Jamie melting, maybe it'll be in Riverrun's radioactive sewer waters? (NSFW) https://youtu.be/voA4rLos-CE?t=6m28s

Incidentally, Part VIII is actually my favourite instalment, it was pretty much self-parody - which requires a measure of self-awareness that I don't think D&D can hope to aspire to.

Oh, please let that happen. Sticking with the theme, every time I see Olly give his smug looks, I want to do this to him:

16 minutes ago, DireDoodle said:

50 minutes ago, A Ghost of Someone said:

+1

Out there though

Considering Sophie has a obvious crush on Nikolaj I'd imagine she wouldn't object to this plot line. Hell she might demand a sex scene with him

19 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

I have no idea. But there's just so many completely insane things happening... I won't get over the fact that Ellaria and the snakes just murdered three innocent people and are supposed to be cheered because it was a "women on top" empowering move? The only thing these women should be on top of is an electroconvulsive therapy table.  

I mean, that's almost as fucked up as Wamsay Sue, hunter, rapist and flayer of women to be shown pouting because his gf got killed. 

Yeah, I am seriously confused about what D & D think were supposed to think about Ellaria and the Sanfakes. Are we supposed to see them as villains? Or are we supposed to see them as "empowered" women. I don't know where D & D are going with that.

If it's the second, then I think that is highly troubling. On another thread, I compared Ellaria with General Scott, from the movie Seven Days In May, adding to the plot that General Scott murders the president's family. Would General Scott be a hero if he were female? I think rational people would say "no". With D & D, I have no idea.

Archived